Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
1994 Lamborghini Diablo VT for sale on BaT Auctions - ending February 16 (Lot #65,939) | Bring a Trailer

Looks like a nice car, but questions to be answered. In addition to the comments on BAT, the idle seems off, lumpy or exhaust leak or something.
You wonder why the seller just doesn’t do a leak down and compression test. If results pass mustard, the seller gets magnitudes more money back, than what the tests costs. Heck, the seller probably has a garage and equipment to do it in a couple hours.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
mustard? ;)

what do you think about that grey 6spd murci waiting for me to swoop in and buy because it wont sell for over $210?
Lol
It’s at $220k
FYI, roytoy really likes his gated Murcielagos
I like the car, but I like brighter colors.
FYI there was an 09 Murci gated car that just sold at Mecum Kissimmee for $400k

·
Registered
191 Posts
Lol
It’s at $220k
FYI, roytoy really likes his gated Murcielagos
I like the car, but I like brighter colors.
FYI there was an 09 Murci gated car that just sold at Mecum Kissimmee for $400k
That didn't sound right to me so I just checked...it was e-gear.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Have been watching the 04' Gated Murci.. it sold on Jan 11 for $311K , but was relisted due to a non-paying buyer

Very Curious to see what it goes for this time around..

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
All the other exotic cars have gone through the roof and the Diablo has lagged a bit IMO. That tells me the Diablo has room to run upward in value.
I have to agree. It’s seems like there are cars that are not as rare or iconic that seem to be way ahead of the Diablo?! The next 5-10 years could be interesting!

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
All the other exotic cars have gone through the roof and the Diablo has lagged a bit IMO. That tells me the Diablo has room to run upward in value.
The Diablo had a big run from 2014 to 2018. I started shopping in 2012 and there were some sub-$100k roadsters, even a couple '99s (Roadsters were all I tracked....still have the spreadsheet).

I see prices of most cars hitting a brick wall and tumbling down at some point in the next 12 months.....speculators are driving this market now. I hope the Diablo fares better than most, but I could see them receding to mid-COVID levels.

Also curious about how my other car will do when the bubble bursts as it is one that increased significantly with no signs of slowing down yet (bought in Feb 2020).

·
Registered
2 Posts
That was me buying. I agree it must be a record price and prob too much if there were enough Diablos for sale, but they're very hard to find. I would take another one (roadster) if I could find it for sub-250 for pleasure + investment. I don't think they'll come back down in price. Most cars that are sub 500k prob won't back down.

The car is great btw.Haven't done a compression test but feels and sounds great.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,815 Posts
Ettori, congrats on your new Diablo! Like land, they aren’t making any more! You have a great store of value and likely investment.

These are fun beasts to drive and topless is just awe inspiring 😎🏎

·
Registered
161 Posts
That was me buying. I agree it must be a record price and prob too much if there were enough Diablos for sale, but they're very hard to find. I would take another one (roadster) if I could find it for sub-250 for pleasure + investment. I don't think they'll come back down in price. Most cars that are sub 500k prob won't back down.

The car is great btw.Haven't done a compression test but feels and sounds great.
Congrats on the beautiful car. I sold my 94 on BAT less than a year ago and I miss it so much.

A sub $250k roadster might never be a reality again. In fact, if I find one in that range, I’d buy a second one in heart beat, no questions asked.

For sheer exhilaration, nothing beats driving the Diablo with the top off. Conversely, I’m shocked how badly they messed up the Murci Roadster top design.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful car. I sold my 94 on BAT less than a year ago and I miss it so much.

A sub $250k roadster might never be a reality again. In fact, if I find one in that range, I’d buy a second one in heart beat, no questions asked.

For sheer exhilaration, nothing beats driving the Diablo with the top off. Conversely, I’m shocked how badly they messed up the Murci Roadster top design.
Murci roadster top? What top?
😎

1 - 20 of 22 Posts