Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it comes to online reviews a lot of people tend to post/talk of experiences that were negative; be it for venting or just looking out for a fellow car enthusiast or wanting the vendor to set things right. All good reasons, so no criticism there.

Just thought I'd go the other direction without being prompted and say I've been dealing with Chris to order some performance parts and the experience to-date has been great. I need the parts within a specific period and he's reached out to the manufacturer for a timeframe commitment, and now that I have a timeframe that works for me he's asked for 50% down to get the ball rolling. His communication and responsiveness has been A+.

Great pricing and great service so far.

Reactions: JonahW and Rcasa20

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
More to come...I'll keep you guys posted.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is becoming quite a frustrating experience. I placed the order close to 3 months ago and the manufacturer is dragging its feet and VR is simply not communicating with me any more, somewhat forcing me to communicate with the UK manufacturer directly. If I had known this I would have ordered directly from the manufacturer and cut out the middle-man.

The manufacturer first provided a shipping date of mid-July, then mid-August and now mid-September. I've got a major service coming up soon and wanted these exhaust parts to be part of that service, but at this rate it's looking unlikely.

Not happy.

·
Vendor
2013 Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG
883 Posts
Even major manufacturers are having massive supply chain issues. Unfortunately, this is more than likely the culprit with the manufacturer not being able to source the materials. Not giving Vivid a pass for the lack of communication, they should be staying in front of you. Any chance of a refund if the parts are not yet in production?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Even major manufacturers are having massive supply chain issues. Unfortunately, this is more than likely the culprit with the manufacturer not being able to source the materials. Not giving Vivid a pass for the lack of communication, they should be staying in front of you. Any chance of a refund if the parts are not yet in production?
Hey GDF - I have no idea if the delay is due to supply chain issues because neither VR nor the manufacturer have ever informed why there are constant delays. I'm not even sure if the parts are partially produced or yet to be produced or if they are still digging up the iron ore.

This has been a really tiring and crappy experience. Never again.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
So this debacle is nearly finished. I'm now waiting for my refund from Vivid and I guess we'll see how long that takes for them to process and if I will receive a full refund.

The manufacturer that's been the heart and cause of this frustration is Larini Exhaust/Systems. They have zero customer service standards and rarely (if ever) respond to emails. It's been nearly 4 months since I ordered these exhaust items and up to today they still cannot confirm when I'll receive them (if ever). I refuse to believe that supply chain issues have stopped them being able to manufacture cat-deletes....if it was a full exhaust system maybe I could understand it, but cat-deletes?!

So a sincere warning to you guys - I strongly suggest rethinking ordering anything from Larini. You may be in for a rude surprise as to when you will receive your order. Not to mention their pathetic customer service; don't be fooled by their website.

I hope some of you find this helpful.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dispute lodged with Paypal about my deposit to Vivid Racing since I'm not getting updates about my refund.

I'm not going to say anything about anyone else at this stage. Read this thread for yourself and decide if you would like to go through a similar experience with either of these parties.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts