Lamborghini Talk banner

VIDEO: Fixing the Quiet Exhaust Valve Problem with 2022+ Huracan EVO...

2674 Views 64 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  LHLP610-4
So not sure if this is just a problem with the 2023 Huracan Evo's or also the 2022 EVOs, but to my sadness and dismay, the exhaust valves close the exhaust and put the car in super quiet mode (no matter what anima mode you are in) below 4,500 to 5,000 rpms. So even in Corsa mode the car was quiet up until like 4500 rpm, which SUCKS.

Did a little searching and found this little valve controller thing from valvetronic designs for $250 and installed it in my car over the weekend and made a video showing in detail how to do it.

I am not all that handy... due to lack of patience, but this was pretty easy once you find what you are looking for after taking the proper panels off. Not bad. So if interested, here is the video on the install and testing afterwards...

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Did a little searching and found this little valve controller thing from valvetronic designs for $250 and installed it in my car over the weekend and made a video showing in detail how to do it.

I am not all that handy... due to lack of patience, but this was pretty easy once you find what you are looking for after taking the proper panels off. Not bad. So if interested, here is the video on the install and testing afterwards...

Thanks man that was a Great Video....
I've got a few questions

There was a bit of skip from trying to locate the plug to it actually it being in your hands...I didn't see the connector...

Is it in that box ?
How did you unplug it from inside that box ?
and if you wanted to go back to stock for a service how hard is it to plug it back in ?

Does anyone know if this plug could be accessed from here on a SPYDER ?

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a 23 awd and in corsa mode it’s not quiet at all. I don’t think I drove it in any other mode since I got the car
Are you in the U.S. or which country? I think it depends on the country.

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man that was a Great Video....
I've got a few questions

There was a bit of skip from trying to locate the plug to it actually it being in your hands...I didn't see the connector...

Is it in that box ?
How did you unplug it from inside that box ?
and if you wanted to go back to stock for a service how hard is it to plug it back in ?

Does anyone know if this plug could be accessed from here on a SPYDER ?
Yes that black box its like on the side facing the fender of the car. You'll need like a flashlight to look around in there then you see the connector and how to get it unplugged. Once that is done it's easy peezy. Then you'll need to ground on that little ground location which is easier to see there and you're done.

I don't think I would worry about removing it for service as it's not modifying the engine or anything it's just disconnecting the oem exhaust valve operation, so actually less wear and tear on that valve since it will not be opening and closing as much, so yea, if they tried to void a warranty over that, they don't deserve their customer base.

· Registered
185 Posts
A few forum members have posted descriptions and photos on the "STO" Thread and the "FORZA CONTROLLER" Thread which are really helpful but a video puts it all into perspective...good job...(y)

If the car was turned off while the valves were in the open position, on start up do the valves default back to stock ? meaning do you have to press the open button every time you start up the car or do they stay open ?

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A few forum members have posted descriptions and photos on the "STO" Thread and the "FORZA CONTROLLER" Thread which are really helpful but a video puts it all into perspective...good job...(y)

If the car was turned off while the valves were in the open position, on start up do the valves default back to stock ? meaning do you have to press the open button every time you start up the car or do they stay open ?
Great question and thanks for the nice comment. Makes me feel encouraged to post more stuff like this as I am doing everything under the sun now to my new EVO.

As for the valve controller on start up, I think it defaults to whatever mode it was in when you last turned the car off, which for me has been open all of the time, so when I start the car up it is already in the open position and the first time I started it when it was in the factory (closed) position, it behaved like stock with the valves closed after start up, so yea I think it must remember the last mode you were in.

· Registered
381 Posts
In closed mode are they always closed or do they retain factory behavior?

Reactions: Turrizm

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In closed mode are they always closed or do they retain factory behavior?
I assume they stay closed, but I need to double check that. Car is at the shop for PPF but I'll try to update the thread when I get it back.

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
same. you could tell the difference just when it idles
That's interesting, maybe it was a computer update. When did you get your car delivered?

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My delivery was mid December. Its a 2023 EVO.
RWD? Seems our cars should have same valve operation but yea, when my car is in Corsa it used to have valves open at idle, then close until you hit about 5,000 RPM in each gear when rolling. Yours are open all the time? If that's the case maybe my car was broke haha.

· Registered
324 Posts
RWD? Seems our cars should have same valve operation but yea, when my car is in Corsa it used to have valves open at idle, then close until you hit about 5,000 RPM in each gear when rolling. Yours are open all the time? If that's the case maybe my car was broke haha.
Yes RWD. I see what you are saying. It seems like both our cars have valves open at idle in Corsa. I imagine mine will also close until 5,000. I misspoke in that I was just talking about idle.

Your car sounds great btw.

· Registered
1 Posts
I took delivery of a 2022 RWD Huracan EVO Spyder in October 2022. This car replaced a 2019 RWD Spyder. The 2022 EVO Spyder was such an upgrade and sounded so much better than my 2019 that I not only fell in love - but decided to purchase another one for my house in FL. I Took deliver in December 2022 of a 2023 RWD EVO Spyder and was shocked at how different it sounded. Start-up sounded the same as my brand new 2022 - but as soon as I stepped on the gas, the exhaust vents closed, and it became SUPER quiet. This happened in Strada, Sport and Corsa. I actually thought there was a problem with the car but was relieved to find Turrizm's video and realize that this was due to a change Lamborghini made on their new cars. I was relieved that I did not have a problem and so I called the dealer and explained the situation. I was able to speak to their master mechanic who confirmed that there was a change made to the programming on the newest cars and that the exhaust valves closed until the engine reached 4,500-5,000 RPM in every mode. He further told me, if I brought the car in, they could change the software that would result in the exhaust valves being permanently open in all the modes. He said I would have to drop the car off for about a half day and could pick it up later the same day. I plan to do this next time I get to FL and will post about the experience. I also watched Turrizm's video. Thank you so much for that!! it's an awesome video and was very helpful in educating me BEFORE I called the dealer. I do not have the skill that Turrizm does, so will hopefully like the solution of having the exhaust permanently open. More to come!!

· Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I took delivery of a 2022 RWD Huracan EVO Spyder in October 2022. This car replaced a 2019 RWD Spyder. The 2022 EVO Spyder was such an upgrade and sounded so much better than my 2019 that I not only fell in love - but decided to purchase another one for my house in FL. I Took deliver in December 2022 of a 2023 RWD EVO Spyder and was shocked at how different it sounded. Start-up sounded the same as my brand new 2022 - but as soon as I stepped on the gas, the exhaust vents closed, and it became SUPER quiet. This happened in Strada, Sport and Corsa. I actually thought there was a problem with the car but was relieved to find Turrizm's video and realize that this was due to a change Lamborghini made on their new cars. I was relieved that I did not have a problem and so I called the dealer and explained the situation. I was able to speak to their master mechanic who confirmed that there was a change made to the programming on the newest cars and that the exhaust valves closed until the engine reached 4,500-5,000 RPM in every mode. He further told me, if I brought the car in, they could change the software that would result in the exhaust valves being permanently open in all the modes. He said I would have to drop the car off for about a half day and could pick it up later the same day. I plan to do this next time I get to FL and will post about the experience. I also watched Turrizm's video. Thank you so much for that!! it's an awesome video and was very helpful in educating me BEFORE I called the dealer. I do not have the skill that Turrizm does, so will hopefully like the solution of having the exhaust permanently open. More to come!!
Thanks for the compliment but working on cars is definitely not in my real skillset haha. I think anyone can do it as long as they are careful not to mess up the car hehe. But I appreciate the feedback.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts