Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening - have a 2015 Huracan LP 610-4 and am considering purchasing the VF800 kit from VF Engineering - was considering installing myself, not a auto technician, but have car lift, many tools, etc. Understand the kit comes with installation instructions, but did not know if any non-Lambo tech/auto tech has installed their own, i.e. is it doable or should I just have it done at an approved Lamborghini facility - thanks in advance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Good Evening - have a 2015 Huracan LP 610-4 and am considering purchasing the VF800 kit from VF Engineering - was considering installing myself, not a auto technician, but have car lift, many tools, etc. Understand the kit comes with installation instructions, but did not know if any non-Lambo tech/auto tech has installed their own, i.e. is it doable or should I just have it done at an approved Lamborghini facility - thanks in advance.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My VF engineering supercharger was installed in my 2020 Evo at their shop in CA, and they did an outstanding job as always.. do yourself and your car the favor and have it professionally installed. It’s worth spending more money on this believe me.. especially on a lambo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the recommendation, I believe that is the way I will go - it sounded like a fun project to try to tackle, but perhaps more involved than worth it - this is my Summer project, will have the car shipped out to Anaheim for VF Engineering to install given they have the most experience of course...

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
I had VF Superchargers installed on 2 R8's and then my Huracan, all done by my local Audi Dealership. Tech said Huracan was the easiest since more room along with a better design. How far are you from VF? If fairly close I can see going that way but you could ask them for local install recommendations. Many have had these kits installed on their R8's and Huracans so plenty of quality shops

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks - VF is cross-country for me, I am right outside of DC - the nearest dealership is Lamborghini Sterling, Va. approx 50 mile drive - I think I will just end up going there, they said they can install, have not gotten an install price from them but given the nature of this car and potential for damage I believe I will just go with Lamborghini Sterling - thanks all...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Blu Bull does have a good point. Since I’m in vegas , it was easy to drive across to CA and have it done by VF. On a separate note I did got to my local lambo dealer for a service and they said they would only do fluids and not touch anything else since the supercharger has voided the factory warranty. I could have gone to a private shop for the service so that dealer doesn’t find out but that’s one of the things to keep in mind..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know my warranty expired in 2018 so am on my own with anything that goes bad...Lambo Sterling said no issue with them performing the install - per the VF Engineering website, does not affect any normal/routine fluid changes, etc. so like that and the fact the car can be put back to stock in future if ever wished to....

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
I know my warranty expired in 2018 so am on my own with anything that goes bad...Lambo Sterling said no issue with them performing the install - per the VF Engineering website, does not affect any normal/routine fluid changes, etc. so like that and the fact the car can be put back to stock in future if ever wished to....
Just curious, what do they charge to install the SC, assuming you furnish the equipment (SC)?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yes, make sure you save all the stock parts just in case you decide to remove the system. Just to motivate you , here a a few pictures of my custom color setup to match my Evo’s Blue color. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
Looks great! That badge showing the firing order, anyone know where can that be found of the Sypder?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, looks great! Love the color! Can't wait to get this installed - the car will then reach its' full potential...the cost I have been quoted for install is 45-50 Hrs ($10,000)...so for $29,995 hardware and $10K install approx a $40K investment but will be worth it I believe!

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,245 Posts
You should consider twin turbo...way more power than a SC and it can be increased down the track as it is modular

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was just getting ready to ask the same question @fabo, which is better to have, a SC or turbos? Mine is a '15 610-4 with less than 3,000 miles on it and a recent purchase. Would like to get it in the low 10's and top end closer to the 220mph and give a bit more grumble. Which do you think would be best?

·
Registered
108 Posts
hi guys, so I did have a turbo system in a previous car and the two issues I faced were heat in the summer ( I’m in. vegas) and occasional CEL. Obviously technology has changed now and it’s probably much better. But I prefer to hav the SC for longevity and perhaps easier to sell the car. Once again purely my opinion. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,759 Posts
Had had VF Superchargers on 2 R8's and my Huracan 610, almost 40K miles put on the 3 and never had an issue. Huracan will be a 10 second car with VF kit. Installs were done local and took 3 1/2 days on the huracan. The instant power of the supercharger is awesome and would be the only way I will go if I decide to up the power on my Evo. But sure if you want to go compete at TX2K then get turbo, for me I just wanted my car to be more and supercharging gave me that and easiest way to go and can easily be reversed

Reactions: Quick1

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I was just getting ready to ask the same question @fabo, which is better to have, a SC or turbos? Mine is a '15 610-4 with less than 3,000 miles on it and a recent purchase. Would like to get it in the low 10's and top end closer to the 220mph and give a bit more grumble. Which do you think would be best? View attachment 292281
Depends what you want. If you want a faster car you cant go past turbos. A modest set up will get you in the mid 9s. It has no turbo lag, smooth and with my set up does not wheel spin.
Reliability is no issue if installed by a professional company. Precison Racing (and I believe UGR) give you a full warranty on the engine and trans.
I am pretty sure VF will only give you a warranty on the SC not the engine etc

·
Registered
3 Posts
@fabo, thank you. I'm in SW Florida. I would suppose the only way you get that warranty is if they do the install themselves, and not allowing a service in my area do it. So I would be shipping the car to NC. Do you know the cost for UGR?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
@fabo, thank you. I'm in SW Florida. I would suppose the only way you get that warranty is if they do the install themselves, and not allowing a service in my area do it. So I would be shipping the car to NC. Do you know the cost for UGR?
Go to their website here

1 - 20 of 35 Posts