Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our latest Gallardo VF760 Supercharger catalogs are now available for download.

**UPDATE** High Resolution catalog now available for direct download: Click here

Click here to enquire

We are available anytime to assist.
p: 714-528-0066
e: [email protected]

·
Registered
258 Posts
For that price couldn't you guys at least put a kenne bell or whipple on it? Nice kit otherwise, but sheeeeet, get a true twin screw S/C in there for $35K vs a TVS rotor pack

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just ordered one of these kits from Robert at VF. So far so good, very professional and great customer service. Kit should be here early next week, I'll be sure and post about the install. Looking forward to forced induction here at 6,500' altitude!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
For that price couldn't you guys at least put a kenne bell or whipple on it? Nice kit otherwise, but sheeeeet, get a true twin screw S/C in there for $35K vs a TVS rotor pack
+1

For that money i will go with a TT system...

Lambo Tax can get really crazy.... a supercharger shouldn't cost more than 15k

·
Registered
848 Posts
I thought this might be the same company, visionfunction, which does the superchargers for the Lotus Elise/Exige. From the websites, it seems they're not the same company.

If they are the same, I have heard nothing but good about the superchargers for the Loti, FWIW.

I love the idea of supercharger response and modest boost. You have my attention. However, I have a pre-LP Gallardo as well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't know if a whipple or kenne bell is better, but I do know this - I have the VF kit installed in my LP570 and the power is perfectly matched to the car especially for canyon running. Strong linear power delivery on 91 pump gas.

Setting cost aside, is there a performance or reliability gain with the Kenne or whipple compared to the TVS?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You're splitting hairs comparing the blowers, they're all very close in performance. There is more that peak HP to consider when buying a boost kit for your Lambo as well. How much more average HP or TQ does the car make, where is the bulk of the gains, all at the top for big numbers to advertise or in the low to mid range where you will use it most.

There are also things like manufacturing, design efficiency and tuning qualities to be mindful of. Before criticizing the price versus power output, take into consideration some of these other factors.

Most of you will never use all of the power this system can make, let alone the power the TT can make. You should also consider the idea that the more power you push through these engines, the shorter the life span gets for the engine, trans axle, clutch, tires, brakes, wheel bearings suspension bushings etc etc.

If this kit provides every bit of power you will ever use at a track day or on a canyon run, yet produces better low end torque and engine response, more average HP and TQ in the low to mid range and reduces wear and tear on everything else, it may be a worth while option.

Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Regarding pre lp's

If there is a kit avaliable for the pre lp's it shouldnt cost more than 52.5% :D

Seems like there isent acording to vf's homepage?:wave:

·
Registered
155 Posts
You're splitting hairs comparing the blowers, they're all very close in performance. There is more that peak HP to consider when buying a boost kit for your Lambo as well. How much more average HP or TQ does the car make, where is the bulk of the gains, all at the top for big numbers to advertise or in the low to mid range where you will use it most.

There are also things like manufacturing, design efficiency and tuning qualities to be mindful of. Before criticizing the price versus power output, take into consideration some of these other factors.

Most of you will never use all of the power this system can make, let alone the power the TT can make. You should also consider the idea that the more power you push through these engines, the shorter the life span gets for the engine, trans axle, clutch, tires, brakes, wheel bearings suspension bushings etc etc.

If this kit provides every bit of power you will ever use at a track day or on a canyon run, yet produces better low end torque and engine response, more average HP and TQ in the low to mid range and reduces wear and tear on everything else, it may be a worth while option.

Just some food for thought.
Well said.

·
Supporting Vendor
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The high resolution version is now available for direct download: Click Here

A sneak peek of what you'll find

·
Registered
349 Posts
The high resolution version is now available for direct download: Click Here

A sneak peek of what you'll find
Would it kill you to respond to some of the basic questions asked in this thread that you started? Surely you didnt think people would just ooh and aah over a basic blower kit....with no comments or questions pertaining to cost, blower brand, and model fitment.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Would it kill you to respond to some of the basic questions asked in this thread that you started? Surely you didnt think people would just ooh and aah over a basic blower kit....with no comments or questions pertaining to cost, blower brand, and model fitment.
:whip:

Cha ching

·
Supporting Vendor
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We will be posting more in-depth information about the kit itself and some of the latest installations very soon. Technical info is always available directly from our tech dept at [email protected]

Our technical dept chose the EATON TVS2300 rotating group for the Gallardo (Audi V10 TFSI engine) for many reasons including that Audi use EATON TVS units in mass scale production (info on page4 of our brochure). Pre-LP models are not in our development schedule currently. Our lengthy product development life cycle was set several years ago and we are midst other cycles. Retail pricing can be interpreted from many angles but our product prices are based upon cost of development/sales volume and liability.

·
Registered
349 Posts
We will be posting more in-depth information about the kit itself and some of the latest installations very soon. Technical info is always available directly from our tech dept at [email protected]

Our technical dept chose the EATON TVS2300 rotating group for the Gallardo (Audi V10 TFSI engine) for many reasons including that Audi use EATON TVS units in mass scale production (info on page4 of our brochure). Pre-LP models are not in our development schedule currently. Our lengthy product development life cycle was set several years ago and we are midst other cycles. Retail pricing can be interpreted from many angles but our product prices are based upon cost of development/sales volume and liability.
Soooo no pre LP kit? Im sure this question will continue to ccome up.

·
Supporting Vendor
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you for everyone's inquires and download requests!

For those experiencing issues with downloading the .pdf, please be patient as the high resolution version is a very large file. Please also be sure to update your Adobe Reader to the latest version.

·
Supporting Vendor
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Management has just announced: The VF760 system will be included in our Black Friday promotions. We will be offering VERY substantial discounts for reservations made with 25% deposits on Black Friday ONLY (this Friday, November 29th) More details to come...please stay tuned!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts