Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
With the tune and The pedal box, that’s enough for me.
Tune is very worth it for detuned cars but I wont bother with it since don't get as much gain in the AWD. I did do the tune in my huracan 610 but that was only because I knew I would go to a supercharger later so tune cost would be credited to that. Really didnt notice much difference with the tune. After supercharging both my R8's and huracan I'm going to avoid doing it on Evo, my huracan was close to warranty ending when I bought it so didnt mind tossing warranty but I have over 2 years left on Evo. My Pedalbox will be here Monday and can't wait to drive car with it on. Also it's worth spending the extra $50 for the bluetooth model, I got that one for my 488 and then just hid the controler under seat and used phone to adjust

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
It has adhesive, but like I said if you go with phone app can just tuck it out of sight. On my huracan I stuck it on plastic under door near seat

Reactions: Kainedogg

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
My Pedalbox will be here Monday and can't wait to drive car with it on. Also it's worth spending the extra $50 for the bluetooth model, I got that one for my 488 and then just hid the controler under seat and used phone to adjust
I see a Bluetooth option on the Pedalbox website but what does that add over the controller? Does it add any additional features or info through the smartphone?

Addendum: @Blu Bull, Thanks that answers the question. I will definitely go Bluetooth don't want adhesive anywhere near any of my car surfaces.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Doesn't add any additional features but makes it easier to adjust settings. I just plug it in, which takes 5 minutes and run cable under matt and put controler under seat. Believe me when I say you will be kicking yourself for not trying one sooner. Even when I supercharged my Huracan it felt sluggish when I would shut it off

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Doesn't add any additional features but makes it easier to adjust settings. I just plug it in, which takes 5 minutes and run cable under matt and put controler under seat. Believe me when I say you will be kicking yourself for not trying one sooner. Even when I supercharged my Huracan it felt sluggish when I would shut it off
I will make that a priority purchase. I am trying to make a decision whether to upgrade to the EVO and are these units model specific or will it work with any base Huracan/EVO.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
They make it seem like it’s model specific but that is just to try and get you to buy new one. Cars have different connectors and that is only thing that matters. I would think the Evo would be same as Huracan, Russ will be able to confirm that soon

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
They make it seem like it’s model specific but that is just to try and get you to buy new one. Cars have different connectors and that is only thing that matters. I would think the Evo would be same as Huracan, Russ will be able to confirm that soon
Good point Russ is going to be the guinea pig. :giggle: Russ, no offense.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
Once you have the pedal box set to your personal taste you really don’t need the controller. You can hide it if you like. also the Bluetooth feature allows me to operate it from my cell phone wirelessly.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Once you have the pedal box set to your personal taste you really don’t need the controller. You can hide it if you like. also the Bluetooth feature allows me to operate it from my cell phone wirelessly.
So you did the Bluetooth as well?

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
There is at least a direct statement from the manufacturer that the PedalBox is, in fact, model specific (see attached). I also sent an e-mail to support to get their feedback, and will let you guys know their response.
If that's the case Russ, you can sell your 580 PedalBox to another 580 owner. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
How is the controller it attached to the console? Adhesive, magnet?
A small piece if Velcro, works perfectly. I had it in different locations but found this one to be the best for me.

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
There is at least a direct statement from the manufacturer that the PedalBox is, in fact, model specific (see attached). I also sent an e-mail to support to get their feedback, and will let you guys know their response.
If that's the case Russ, you can sell your 580 PedalBox to another 580 owner. ;)
I took it out of my 610 and put it in my 580, and I was going to just install it in my EVO. I guess I will have to check first.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
I took it out of my 610 and put it in my 580, and I was going to just install it in my EVO. I guess I will have to check first.
I am sure the connectors are the same but at least the suggestion of the manufacturer is that each PedalBox is optimized for each Huracan variant. True or not I can't say. Heck, before I heard the cross chatter about PedalBox I would have thought it would have been something for a bicycle not a car. Live and learn!

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts
Tune is very worth it for detuned cars but I wont bother with it since don't get as much gain in the AWD. I did do the tune in my huracan 610 but that was only because I knew I would go to a supercharger later so tune cost would be credited to that. Really didnt notice much difference with the tune. After supercharging both my R8's and huracan I'm going to avoid doing it on Evo, my huracan was close to warranty ending when I bought it so didnt mind tossing warranty but I have over 2 years left on Evo. My Pedalbox will be here Monday and can't wait to drive car with it on. Also it's worth spending the extra $50 for the bluetooth model, I got that one for my 488 and then just hid the controler under seat and used phone to adjust
I agree, the 610 along with the EVO AWD have not been de-tuned like the 580 & the EVO RWD so the tune doesn't really do much. However for I want those lost ponies back and it did make a noticeable difference in my 580, so the EVO RWD is going to get it as well. For $3500 it seems to me it is a no brainer.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
I agree, the 610 along with the EVO AWD have not been de-tuned like the 580 & the EVO RWD so the tune doesn't really do much. However for I want those lost ponies back and it did make a noticeable difference in my 580, so the EVO RWD is going to get it as well. For $3500 it seems to me it is a no brainer.
$350?

·
Premium Member
14,615 Posts

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
It's just to s
I have a bit of tricky maneuvering to do when backing my car into garage and it helps to shut it off. And of course Pedalbox is going to tell you it's model specific, but it's not, just matters that connector is same. I used same one on my R8V8 and then R8V10. Also I sold the one I had on my huracan to a Performante owner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts