Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my car idles, the water temp goes over max. The oil temp is normal before the middle mark. The only thing with my car is the radiator fins are 75% bent. Can this cause the water temp to skyrocket in a matter of 10 seconds? Even with the water temp going to max, there's no engine warning lights or warnings from the car's display. The car is supercharged but I don't think there is any relations to the water temp. So any thoughts or anyone else encountering this?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Turn your AC on, this should activate the fans.
Walk around to the front, feel if there is any air coming out of both the right and left front areas. There will also be a lot more air coming out from both the right and left wheel wells, warm air. This will confirm if your fans are working. If so, your fins being so damaged are not allowing airflow. The fins are very thin and fragile, bugs will do it but mainly the wand from a pressure washer getting too close. Check your antifreeze level as well. If they drained it when you had the conversion done, there could be air in the system. Just throwing things out there. Regardless, last thing you want is to damage your block so use caution while watching that needle inch upward.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bent radiator fins would most certainly cause a rise in temperature in a matter of seconds. You need to get new radiators, I suggest you get after-market ones considering the car is boosted. The only reason the car does not overheat when driving (yet) Is because airflow when driving cools the antifreeze with the 25% of fins that are currently working. However, at idle the car struggles for airflow. That's why tuners need fans when dynoing a car. The car is struggling for airflow when it's not in motion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts