Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
17' SV Roadster, Performante Spyder X2, STO (inbound), Ferrari 458 Spyder,
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been talking to the good folks at VF Engineering about the STO valve opening issues. They have been super receptive and seem to be able to offer a fix in the programming. They wanted to know what exactly do WE want to see and how and when to open the valves. My initial response was to make it similar to the Performante/Evo so that the basic first position (STO) was the quiet position, the Trofeo position (opens the valves) under all conditions. And Poggia (leaves them the factory position)?
It appears they VF is looking for community input from us. Please chime in as I will send them this thread so they get the customers input on this possible solution.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just as you suggested it would be perfect.

·
Registered
126 Posts
vF cannot even access an STO ecu to do a tune. I have been waiting for so long for them to get it together. I have purchased a tune for the STO long ago. But it seems since Monterrey car week i have got one excuse after another why they cannot provide an obd tune. They installed a supercharger immediately on their Sto when they said they were working on tune. Then it was we are focusing on supercharging, then it was customer cars are in the dyno, then it was we can’t access the ecu even our supercharged Sto is sitting waiting. Now their supercharge car just now has been able to be tuned via bench. So basically they still have zero access into the Sto ecu remotely. And while they say they can have this done, I would not count on it with all due respect to VF. Get a valve controller from Forza for 395. Plug and play and perfect for all situations and options of sound

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got the feeling from them that customers who are buying super chargers were their top priority and unless your paying 40k plus to have a charger installed…. You just were not important enough.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vF cannot even access an STO ecu to do a tune. I have been waiting for so long for them to get it together. I have purchased a tune for the STO long ago. But it seems since Monterrey car week i have got one excuse after another why they cannot provide an obd tune. They installed a supercharger immediately on their Sto when they said they were working on tune. Then it was we are focusing on supercharging, then it was customer cars are in the dyno, then it was we can’t access the ecu even our supercharged Sto is sitting waiting. Now their supercharge car just now has been able to be tuned via bench. So basically they still have zero access into the Sto ecu remotely. And while they say they can have this done, I would not count on it with all due respect to VF. Get a valve controller from Forza for 395. Plug and play and perfect for all situations and options of sound
It sounds like they were able to access the STO ECU now. I am being assured that they are working on a solution. Hopefully by the time mines arrives they have it available to the masses. Some of us would prefer not to have another remote to have on hand to use in order to open valves. If all else fails then this is a viable option for sure.

·
Registered
SL #7007
428 Posts
I got the feeling from them that customers who are buying super chargers were their top priority and unless your paying 40k plus to have a charger installed…. You just were not important enough.
Have you spoken with Nik the owner? I felt the same way as you years ago when I purchased a tune for my R8. I ended up speaking with Nik about my experience and he was very receptive and apologetic. He gave me his personal cell and treated me very fairly. Since then, I would text every now and then and he would text me just to check in and say hi. I feel his customer service really excellent. I contacted him to tune the SL but he doesn’t work on Pre-LP’s. He also posted a video on IG yesterday that he got the STO ECU unlocked. So I hope you get your tune soon!

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I reached out to them today and VF was the one asking us the Lambo community what we wanted to see done. I sent them the link to this thread so I assume they are listening to all that we have to say. If there is anything that you want done now is the time to speak up. I am sure that Nik will be receptive and help as he has an STO and he is aware of the same issues that we all are.

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
329 Posts
Your idea sounds fine to me.

·
Administrator
3,667 Posts
Lamborghini used to offer this on the Aventador. Basically in strada the valves were closed, and sport and corsa they were wide open.

I would do the same with STO since I don’t see any reason aside for emissions why unless in strada the valves would need to be closed. That’s my opinion.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exciting update
Just heard back from VF just now. They were able to successfully open and keep the vales open ALL the time in "STO" mode. VF is playing with the tune to open at a lower RPM as well. I asked if it was possible to have the valves open all the time in "Trofeo" mode and that is a yes as well. They can even be closed in STO mode and then open up at RPM lower than 4500 RPM such as 2000 RPM. I asked VF how it sounded and he said it sounded just like the Performante. :)
Still some tweaks and testing to be done for sure. VF said that they will be posting stories, content and how they currently have the STO setup on their Instagram account here:
Everyone keep an eye on the happenings and feel free to reach out to them directly (DM on instagram) and provide feedback here in the forum so we can put out collective minds and experiences to work. VF will also be posting videos and road testing in the next week or so...this is an exciting update.
Also, as it stands right now...the only way to tune the STO currently is through the ECU and that means sending in the ECU for the work.
Still a win for most of us as a VF tune is an awesome upgrade. Full disclosure...I have 2 tuned VF Performante's and they are MUCH funner to drive and sound much better than before VF did their magic. So excited to get the STO sounding as it should.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,436 Posts
Interesting. I bookmarked this thread for future reference.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Keep it simple. There is no need for feedback because it will complicate and slow things down. Have it setup to work exactly like an EVO/Perf. which is what the factory should have done and everyone will be happy.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Keep it simple. There is no need for feedback because it will complicate and slow things down. Have it setup to work exactly like an EVO/Perf. which is what the factory should have done and everyone will be happy.
This is exactly what I told him I wanted and what I felt the masses would want. I feel pretty confident that VF will make things work out and please the masses.
STO mode = Strada
Trofeo = Sport
Poggia = keep the same?

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
This is exactly what I told him I wanted and what I felt the masses would want. I feel pretty confident that VF will make things work out and please the masses.
STO mode = Strada
Trofeo = Sport
Poggia = keep the same?
Yes on Pioggia because as you know that is for wet conditions which I suspect will be rarely used. For that reason it doesn't matter what the exhaust sounds like and best to keep it as it is from the factory.

Also I think: STO = Corsa not Sport. Best to keep Sport out I'd think. I never use Sport in my EVO and didn't use it in my 580. I think most here probably do the same.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Like I said before, Vf makes a lot of promises. My experience hasn’t been great with them. Since August they have continually told me one thing after another as to why they can’t get the tune I purchased completed. Month and months and months. I have tried over and over again to contact them, gave them so much time to get this done. I am just now giving up and sending the cable back. I am not impressed with Nik. He had is own Sto supercharger installed by another company but expects his customers to trust him with an install. He didn’t trust his own guys to install the charger on the STo. I found that very strange .

·
Registered
126 Posts
And if Nik is watching this thread. Hit me up. My number is on here. I want to talk to you directly about this or ask Aiden to call me. He knows who I am….

·
Registered
126 Posts
I want to know why I have been told

The moment we get back from car week tune will be done.

Working on the tune now

tune will not be done as super chargers are priority

we are working on customers more important

We have the car on the dyno as we speak.

We cant access the Ecu

we cant do obd tune

we cant access our Sto to tune it

Oh we can now bench tune it

really Nik??? It’s been 6 months. Really

1 - 20 of 21 Posts