Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's always a pleasure having some Italian automotive machinery in our facility. Last week, we had a Verde Scandal, Lamborghini Huracan come in wanting some XPEL paint protection film services completed. To protect the full front end, we used XPEL Ultimate self healing film for maximum protection. While we had the Lamborghini in our shop, we noticed a few scratches on the roof. We mentioned these to the customer and he wanted us to go ahead and take care of them for him.

The first step in the process was to wash off the car and prep it for its polish!

Now that the car has been cleaned and prepped, it is time to knock out those problem areas on the paint we mentioned earlier.
Here are a few before images of the areas that need some attention from our detail department.

We finished polishing the rest of the car to give it a glossy finish before we applied the XPEL Ultimate paint protection film.
Check out the aftermath of our polishing efforts on the scratched areas on the roof.

Now we move the car into our paint protection installation booth. This booth we have is perfect for installing XPEL film. We have great lighting, an enclosed area to keep debris away from the film and all of the necessary tools to install the film all in one area.

This Lamborghini got our Ultimate Package which includes the full front end (front bumper, headlights, full hood, side mirrors and full fenders). The customer also wanted his rocker panels protected in XPEL.

Enjoy these final images of this beautiful Lamborghini Huracan LP-610-4 in Verde Scandal!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,195 Posts
That's a jaw dropper. Love that color!

·
Registered
Huracan Performante Twin Turbo
1,169 Posts
me too...this was the colour I wanted but Lambo wanted an extra $ 20K over verde mantis

·
Registered
138 Posts
me too...this was the colour I wanted but Lambo wanted an extra $ 20K over verde mantis
Shame on Lamborghini. That is my favorite color for a Huracan and they just aren't around because of the ridiculous price. McLaren has fantastic standard color offerings and prices the optional ones fairly but Ferrari and Lamborghini are pathetic. Part of the reason McLaren sales are booming.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's a crazy premium for a custom color. Is it because the color is so light they have to apply many more coats? Still, $20k seems ridiculous.

·
Registered
138 Posts
That's a crazy premium for a custom color. Is it because the color is so light they have to apply many more coats? Still, $20k seems ridiculous.
I could be wrong but I don't believe it is even a tri-coat. But even if it was, an American manufacturer charges all of $1,200 to do it. Think of it as being too shortsighted to see that it benefits the customers to have a wide range of colors. It would even create more excitement about the brand. Nothing like seeing a car in a color that you love. And it increases resale values be making your car more unique in the resale market, reducing competition or appealing to someone who loves he color.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I could be wrong but I don't believe it is even a tri-coat. But even if it was, an American manufacturer charges all of $1,200 to do it. Think of it as being too shortsighted to see that it benefits the customers to have a wide range of colors. It would even create more excitement about the brand. Nothing like seeing a car in a color that you love. And it increases resale values be making your car more unique in the resale market, reducing competition or appealing to someone who loves he color.
According to RM paint guide, it's a two process color and takes 8 mixed colors to produce. I agree it would be amazing if they offered more standard colors from their library of more than 200 unique colors.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts