Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, the surging prices are starting to impact vehicle sales. I think if we wait a few more months the preowned market will become sane once again. I am eyeing a preowned vehicle but the prices have become so ridiculous I will exercise some patience and wait. Though, I am glad I sold my EVO when I did.........

"Vehicle sales have contracted for two consecutive months as extremely high prices, particularly for used cars, is cutting off demand," Oxford Economics' Mahir Rasheed said in a research note.

Reactions: Rainier G

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Rcasa20

Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
There's a threat of a 4th wave this Fall because of the delta variant so there might more shortages on the horizon which means prices might not tank for a while.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a threat of a 4th wave this Fall because of the delta variant so there might more shortages on the horizon which means prices might not tank for a while.
Heck, I don't want them to tank I just want them to come out of the stratosphere...........Though, truth be told I did't complain to loudly when I sold my EVO.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe I should sell my performante before the winter...?
Not sure how long the car market will show this kind of buoyancy but one thing is for certain it won't last forever.

Reactions: Young CEO

Registered
Not sure how long the car market will show this kind of buoyancy but one thing is for certain it won't last forever.
That's what I was thinking.

I'm definitely not driving it during the winter months. Here in Canada, that's up to April.

Maybe I should sell in a month or two, get as much as my cash back as possible, and buy another supercar next driving season? Prices might stabilize by next year, so it will be a win-win.

I've had an amazing couple of months with this car. It lightens up my mood every single drive, no matter the situation. My heart is telling me no. But my brain is telling me to think rationally. I've put on 3k KMs already...

If I could get back most of my cash, and buy another supercar next driving season when prices may possibly stabilize or return to normal, I think that's a win in my books. Hell, I can invest the cash during the off season months.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe I should sell in a month or two, get as much as my cash back as possible, and buy another supercar next driving season? Prices might stabilize by next year, so it will be a win-win.
Sounds like a solid plan. I have been buying cars for umpteen years and never saw anything like the present market and I suspect many of us are never going to see the likes of it again.

Registered
Sounds like a solid plan. I have been buying cars for umpteen years and never saw anything like the present market and I suspect many of us are never going to see the likes of it again.
Just did a Performante search on Dupont Registry. Every single coupe in the USA, regardless of miles, is selling for $400k+ CAD. Holy sh*t.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just did a Performante search on Dupont Registry. Every single coupe in the USA, regardless of miles, is selling for $400k+ CAD. Holy sh*t.
You can sell while the market is high then you can turn around in April or May and use the money to buy new at MSRP. ;)

Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
I'm starting to see a bubble in the SVJ/SV market. A lot of overpriced cars sitting around which means we've hit a ceiling so anyone buying now will probably end up holding the bag unless they keep the car forever.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the prevailing mindset of most sellers is that their cars need to sell at or over MSRP. I wonder how long it will take for things to rebalance? The preowned car pricing is so outlandish that to make a reasonable offer seems, well, unreasonable.

Reactions: Rainier G

Registered
Guys, I need some advice.

If I do sell my performante now (1-2 months), I would either get a G Wagon or Urus.

What would you guys recommend so that come next driving season, I can recoup a good chunk of my cash back and not lose so much?

Used G Wagons are going for insanely high right now. So I definitely don't want to finance that... maybe lease?

Not sure about Urus values right now (new or used).

Which would be the safer bet in your opinions?

Registered
I鈥檓 not sure which will hold value better over time, but if you keep changing cars and eating the wholesale vs retail spread the dealer charges鈥..it won鈥檛 be long before you have to change your handle from Young CEO to Poor CEO :LOL:

Registered
I鈥檓 not sure which will hold value better over time, but if you keep changing cars and eating the wholesale vs retail spread the dealer charges鈥..it won鈥檛 be long before you have to change your handle from Young CEO to Poor CEO :LOL:
Lmfao 馃ぃ

Registered
i would carefully consider selling your Performante unless you have a replacement lined up that you like equally as much as the Performante. For those of that have owned a few super cars one one of the hardest parts has always been finding a car you love. I always kick myself wishing a car had x or y.

bottom line: if you love the Perf and don鈥檛 see an equal replacement, i鈥檇 keep it.

but you can also sell for other reasons (raising $, downgrading etc), which is completely fine.

Registered
i would carefully consider selling your Performante unless you have a replacement lined up that you like equally as much as the Performante. For those of that have owned a few super cars one one of the hardest parts has always been finding a car you love. I always kick myself wishing a car had x or y.

bottom line: if you love the Perf and don鈥檛 see an equal replacement, i鈥檇 keep it.

but you can also sell for other reasons (raising $, downgrading etc), which is completely fine.
I don't think I'll ever love a car more than the performante for 2 reasons:

1) My first ever super car

2) Unreal emotions while driving

With that said, I would love to explore other brands as well if the perfect car comes around. For McLaren, that's a 765 LT (coupe or spider), for Ferrari, that's a pista or pista spider.

My line of reasoning is that instead of it sitting in the garage for 4-5 months, if I can sell it at a good price given the current market, I can use the money until next driving season for business inventory, other investments, etc.

Who knows, maybe I can steal a pista or pista spider next season at a better price than what they are at now.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would love to explore other brands as well if the perfect car comes around. For McLaren, that's a 765 LT (coupe or spider), for Ferrari, that's a pista or pista spider.
All of us in the super car community can relate to your comment! Variety is the spice of life. ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts