Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the security access code for the steering assist module? Trying to diagnose and reset basic adaptations in VCDS. 2017 Huracan LP580

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you use one of the Audi forums the codes are almost always the same. I can look tonight when i get home. one word of MAJOR caution here. I reset adaptions on the suspension and I cannot reset the ride height - going to take a trip to the dealer to correct. I don't know if the same will happen in steering, but be cautious.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I know an Audi R8 code will work as a shop had tried in the past. I just can not seem to find it. Currently steering assist is not working, and I have an error code.
If you use one of the Audi forums the codes are almost always the same. I can look tonight when i get home. one word of MAJOR caution here. I reset adaptions on the suspension and I cannot reset the ride height - going to take a trip to the dealer to correct. I don't know if the same will happen in steering, but be cautious.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just tried it. No luck yet.

Address 44: Steering Assist Labels: NONE
Control Module Part Number: 4S0 909 144 H HW: 4S0 909 144 B
Component and/or Version: EPS H13 0905
Software Coding: 0802
Work Shop Code: WSC 02311 785 00200
ASAM Dataset: EV_EPSZFAU72X 003010 (LB72)
ROD: EV_EPSZFAU72X_003.rod
VCID: 3A2658147CDF8D1B817-806E
1 Fault Found:

65573 - Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error
B2000 00 [040] - -
[ECU_error]
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 4
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 35330 km
Date: 2012.08.30
Time: 00:01:59

Expanded ambient data 1-Terminal 30 voltage filtered: 13.40 V
Expanded ambient data 1-Internal voltage supply 5V: 0.00 V
Expanded ambient data 1-Vehicle speed: 0 km/h
Expanded ambient data 1-Control module temp: internal sensor: 39 °C
Expanded ambient data 1-Speed source: CAN ESP speed
Expanded ambient data 1-Combustion engine: status: Engine not running
Expanded ambient data 1-AD converter reference voltage: 1.50 V
Expanded ambient data 1-Voltage terminal 30 unfiltered: 13.00 V
Expanded ambient data 1-AD converter reference voltage 2: 1.50 V
Expanded ambient data 1-Switched voltage terminal 30 unfiltered: 13.09 V
Expanded ambient data 1-KFA: 00 00
Expanded ambient data 1-KFC: 00 1E
from memory I think 20108 was a common code. It's the same as most of the Audi and Volkswagon models

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did some reading on this & I suspect you have a bad module in the steering rack. Some audi's apparently have had challenges, especially if they get water in them or water gets higher up under the car. What I read suggests that you cannot buy the control module separately from the steering rack, however don't trust that, better to check. From what i've read most have had to replace their steering rack and recode the new control module to get it sorted. Any chance you've had something like that occur (either an accident or a high water situation)?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I appreciate you looking into it. The car had some minor damage and I had the bumper and hood replaced. Also the right side control arm ball joint was broken. Not sure if this happened on the tow truck. Everything else on the car works perfectly, just can not get steering assist to turn on. Seems like the module powers up but continues with this error.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just based on the lower control arm being broken i'd say there's a chance the steering rack could have been damaged as well. While I can't be sure, i'm going to guess you may need a new steering rack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just based on the lower control arm being broken i'd say there's a chance the steering rack could have been damaged as well. While I can't be sure, i'm going to guess you may need a new steering rack.
Do you know if I can code a used rack with VCDS or would it need to be dealer ODIS system? I can swap out the rack no problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What I've read is that you can recode a used rack yourself with VCDS.
So the car currently has the 4s1423050F steering rack. Seems to be similar to Audi R8 part number.
There are some 4S1423072F, 4S1423072G, N, M available on eBay when searching Huracan. Also some 4S1423050H, D when searching for the R8.
Anyone know if these are interchangeable? They all look the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steering fixed and working perfectly. If anyone comes across this issue in the future. My car had 4s1423050F non-dynamic steering rack. Found a used 4s1423050D just made sure it had the same motor and control module bolted to it which is 4S0909144H. No programming was needed and all warnings and check codes cleared.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts