Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can anyone give me the exact model number of the AGM Varta battery to use in my Gallardo 04 ?
I have been using optima redtop the last years and had to replace them every 2-3 years. I keep the car
on the charger most of the time so this seems to harm the redtop battery?!

all the best,
Chris

·
Registered
821 Posts
I tried Red Top for a while and the first one (think bought 2012) lasted less than 2 years, got a free replacement, the second one after about a year would be dead within 2 days if I didn't leave it on a charger. So I just put in a walmart battery and the Last one I got from Autozone. I think the red top don't like the small electronic drain the Gallardo has. The last red top that I took out of the car in like 2015 and left it on the floor in the garage, my 1970 vette's battery was finally failing so just as a whim I put the red top on trickle charge and it worked it still is in my 1970 Vette you can let it sit a month and it will fire right up but that car has zero drain when off.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rob,

I experienced exactly the same. Red Top just goes flat after 2 days without charging it. The battery is 18 months old. I always have the same problem with Red Top. Just spoke to Varta they told me the following model should be perfect for the Gallardo "Silver Dynamic AGM 595 901 085" but the battery terminals are not switched as it should be. I wonder if it will work.

all the best,
Chris

·
Registered
298 Posts
I just put my second RedTop 34/78 in my '06 after the first one stopped holding a charge at the seven year mark. I do keep it on a battery tender but weird you both had such a bad experience with it. I had the opposite with the Interstate batteries I put in my Murci; two of them had venting around the positive post.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone know if the positive pole HAS to be on the left side or can you just take a regular battery, turn the battery around and connect the wires in the back? Will the cables reach? the regular plus/minus give many more options when it comes to battery choice.

·
Registered
821 Posts
does anyone know if the positive pole HAS to be on the left side or can you just take a regular battery, turn the battery around and connect the wires in the back? Will the cables reach? the regular plus/minus give many more options when it comes to battery choice.
There are plenty of batteries you can buy that are in the right configuration no need to mess with doing that.

·
Vendor
2,666 Posts
I am a dealer for AntiGravity Batteries and it's a lithium ion battery that cuts about 40 lbs and never needs plugged in. I can help you guys out on price, but people usually fall over then they see the cost. The good part is the weight savings and will be the last battery you buy. These cars usually need new batteries every few years with the standard lead acid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts