Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I want to know what you guys think my car is worth... only realistic and practical answers please..

2009 Gallardo LP560-4
~46k miles
REBUILT TITLE
I’ve attached a old listing with all the options on it.
Also attach is Carfax value with all the history accounted for.

**Rebuilt from front end damage. Damage was minor(bumper, front right radiator/condenser and passenger side skirt) but it popped the bags so got totaled.
Fire happened on me. Dealing with my insurance right now and they valued the car so low that it would be impossible to to buy a similar rebuilt titled one.**

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Rebuilt from what?
Fire? Wreck? How bad
Who did the repairs?
based on what you have posted it would be impossible to value your car.
All this matters.
Perhaps a little more information

·
Registered
107 Posts
70k tops

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rebuilt from what?
Fire? Wreck? How bad
Who did the repairs?
based on what you have posted it would be impossible to value your car.
All this matters.
Perhaps a little more information
Rebuilt from front end damage. Damage was minor(bumper, front right radiator/condenser and passenger side skirt) but it popped the bags so got totaled.
Fire happened on me. Dealing with my insurance right now and they valued the car so low that it would be impossible to to buy a similar rebuilt titled one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think it’s hard to say in a case like this. Obviously you’ve got high miles and a rebuilt title so that puts you at the bottom of the LP G market but what that bottom actually is, is really a matter of listing it and seeing what someone is willing to pay you for it. I would start by listing it about 15% cheaper than the cheapest LP you can currently find on autotrader or cars.com etc., so that’s probably somewhere in the 80-90k range.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,195 Posts
With 45K miles and the rebuilt title is another issues altogether. I don't think $70K-$80K is unreasonable at all. We really need more info on the title issue.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I was going to say 75 tops. Maybe a tad lower, but have to find the right buyer who wants a salvage title.

That car 15000 miles is 115-125. 45000 miles (clean title) would probably be 90-ish. Add in salvage and get 70-75.

·
Registered
2013 Super G
231 Posts
I'm not sure how it works with you guys in the states... But buying "salvage" title in Ontario, Canada is extremely difficult to insure. Almost impossible (unless someone who knows more can enlighten me). It's almost impossible even to have certified/safetied.

Seems like tons and cars down there with rebuilt titles are on the road. Is there a special process, expensive insurance, etc that you guys come across trying to get them on the road? I'd imagine state to star there are differences as well.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,207 Posts
I still don’t understand what you’re talking about, OP. you had it rebuilt from the front end collision that included airbag deployment. That’s one issue. If I understand you correctly you rebuilt it from that accident. Then, you said something about “the fire was on you”? Did the car suffer a second catastrophe that saw it catch fire? Was there a separate incident? If so, was it rebuilt again?

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Awaiting your answers, I find it incredulous to believe that an LP with 45,000 miles and presumably suffering too serious incidents with salvage or rebuilt title would be anywhere close to 102,000 as suggested on Carfax.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I get that you are trying to get a settlement from your insurance based on what it was worth before the fire, after the front collision. You have the carfax, which is one piece of evidence. If you can find cars for sale or sold that are similar, you can use that too. Often, the dealer can give such estimates. Then you challenge the offer by the insurance company. I do not think you want to go by what people would offer you here, but more what the retail asking price would be and the likely settling price for someone who has already decided they would have wanted your car in its prior condition.

Start with the carfax at $100k and push that with the insurance company. They are supposedly compensating you for replacement, so ask them to show you the replacement vehicle they have in mind. See if you can get a settlement you like.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I do not think you want to go by what people would offer you here
By the way, I did not intend that to be a slight to anyone here or their ability to judge price. My point was that there is a price that someone is willing to pay if they want something, and then there is a price that is low enough that someone become willing to buy when they were not motivated before. For insurance purposes, you don't want to go with the lower number.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
OP, I understand now. Can you share with us the cause of the fire? Anything for us to watch out for with our Gallardos? Sorry to hear of the fire but just curious if it’s something that could be avoidable by others.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OP, I understand now. Can you share with us the cause of the fire? Anything for us to watch out for with our Gallardos? Sorry to hear of the fire but just curious if it’s something that could be avoidable by others.
From what the shop told me, the power steering line broke and sprayed all over the headers and started fire like that.. I was able to put it out quick but it already did it’s damage

·
Registered
757 Posts
Boneguy brings up a good point, I know several insurance companies that won't insure for collision/comprehensive on salvaged vehicles (just liability).

That said, a salvage title, after it's been completely rebuilt, usually brings in about 20-30% less than what it would normally go for, add in a fire.... and the mileage being extremely high for an 09 as well. An accident on record is easily a15-20% hit on these cars... a salvage title... 20-30%, so start there.

Also, cars don't get "totaled" from "minor" damage leading to a salvaged title. If it got hit with a salvaged title after an accident, it wasn't minor at all. That's the problem here. Otherwise, the insurance company would have just repaired it and you'd only have an accident on record, not a salvage. That salvage title is going to hurt the values a lot.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Oh, I'm still a bit confused... So the OP is asking what the car was worth with the salvage title, but BEFORE he incurred the fire? And now because of the fire, he's trying to sellte with his insurance company for a payout??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh, I'm still a bit confused... So the OP is asking what the car was worth with the salvage title, but BEFORE he incurred the fire? And now because of the fire, he's trying to sellte with his insurance company for a payout??
My insurance is trying to claim that the car was worth 57k with a rebuilt title prior to the fire.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Boneguy brings up a good point, I know several insurance companies that won't insure for collision/comprehensive on salvaged vehicles (just liability).

That said, a salvage title, after it's been completely rebuilt, usually brings in about 20-30% less than what it would normally go for, add in a fire.... and the mileage being extremely high for an 09 as well. An accident on record is easily a15-20% hit on these cars... a salvage title... 20-30%, so start there.

Also, cars don't get "totaled" from "minor" damage leading to a salvaged title. If it got hit with a salvaged title after an accident, it wasn't minor at all. That's the problem here. Otherwise, the insurance company would have just repaired it and you'd only have an accident on record, not a salvage. That salvage title is going to hurt the values a lot.
No frame damage, airbags were deployed and from what I understand that’s an automatic total loss.. the fire occurred under my ownership and was insured.. insurance claiming the car was worth 57k with rebuilt title prior to fire

·
Registered
288 Posts

Yep, he is on FB asking the same. His insurance is only offering 57 which I think is low.

The consensus seems to be the car probably has a realistic value of 70-75.

The point brought up as another have said, I thought most insurance policies would write "liability only" policies.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts