Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered. As I'm new, I've not yet worked my way around the archives.

What are the best products to use on the Gallardo? If Zymol, which products? I am a little confused over the Aluminium vs. Thermoplastic panels and whether you need different products for each for a concours finish.

Any advice?

Andy

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Haha I'm just an amateur JRV.

Webbo - Zymol is a very good brand and product is good. Not easy to use though and compared to other brands VERY OVERPRICED. Other products can acheive the same look for a fraction of the price, ease of use and you won't even be able to tell the difference.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Valeting

Zymol is expensive, however it is the best. The Gallardo is expensive..... I rest my case!

Webbo, a neat trick is to buy the Zymol starter kit that includes three tubs of their best waxes, 'Destiny', 'Atlantique' and 'Concours'. It will cost you a few hundred dollars (about 250 I think) however will easily last over a year.

The finish that Zymol gives (if properly applied - which is not difficult) is second to none.

You can use Zymol waxes on all painted surfaces....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again guys. All useful stuff, the link was especially interesting. Don't think I'd have the inclination to do such a major valet like that myself though.

Zymol starter it is. Even at the price

Andy

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
It's not the price I don't use Zymol. We all can afford any wax here with the cars we have. It's applying the wax by hand (actually have to smear the wax with your hand) that ticks me off. Other waxes you can use a foam applicator. With Zymol if you do it like that it will cause streaking.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a good point Orangejuice, and that was a great job you did on the valet link. I'm pretty lazy and would want to balance best results with the easiest to apply.

What would you suggest instead of Zymol?

Andy

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
The way I did it. The sealant lasts about 6 months. So it's only twice a year for the tedious work. Right now all I do is just a weekly wash. When you notice the shine is not as good. A new layer of wax takes about 45 mins to do by hand.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. I'll see just how brave I'm feeling! This is my 19th black car in a row, and every time, I said 'no more', as they're a nightmare to keep good. I must secretly really like cleaning 'em?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I know what you mean. I've had black car before. Loved it! But after every drive the car looks like crap. But when the car is perfect and shiney it's absolutely magnificent.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was so close to getting Orange this time. I walked into LLondon saying Orange, Orange, Orange, Orange they asked me what colour? and I said 'Black'!

Orange looks fantastic in the sun, which we don't get a lot of over here. Maybe for my Barchetta in a couple of years?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Webbo said:
Sorry if this has been covered. As I'm new, I've not yet worked my way around the archives.

What are the best products to use on the Gallardo? If Zymol, which products? I am a little confused over the Aluminium vs. Thermoplastic panels and whether you need different products for each for a concours finish.

Any advice?

Andy
I use SWISOL wax which i can honestly say is the best i have used. My car is Rosso Metis and the wax gives it a truly deep shine that lasts similar to Zymol to in that it is a natural wax that noorishes the paint, give it a try as i think Zymol is some what over hyped.
Where are you based ,Im in Orpington Kent perhaps we could get all the SE UK lambo's together

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
chris_m said:
I use SWISOL wax which i can honestly say is the best i have used. My car is Rosso Metis and the wax gives it a truly deep shine that lasts similar to Zymol to in that it is a natural wax that noorishes the paint, give it a try as i think Zymol is some what over hyped.
Where are you based ,Im in Orpington Kent perhaps we could get all the SE UK lambo's together
Hi Chris,

I'm right by you in Chislehurst.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts