Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i am about to order and fit the NAPA IC149 coil to my 91 Diablo.
i have searched far and wide to try to find out what other vehicle this coil is fitted to. to no avail.
does anybody know what vehicles also use this coil?

thanks

matt

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
There is already a thread, Jaguar V12 and don't forget to drill the holes into the cap otherwise you will have problems with moisture.

Oops, I meant the cap, but also the coil was here mentioned. Use the search...

http://www.lamborghini-talk.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=1664

I just made it a sticky thread...

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm one of the ones that did it on my 92...NAPA coils, dist cap and rotor. The coils will cross ref with early Ferrari and certain V12 Jags (not all).

Just go to napa and give them that part number and your good to go. Exact same manufacturer (marenelli or whatever...).

Go here to see my pictures (courtesy of John M)
http://www.lamboweb.com/Car Parts.htm

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NAPA Coil

thanks for the info guys.
the reason for the cross reference is that i am in kuwait and no NAPA for miles, but do have ford, jag, gm dealers.
any ideas which jag?????
thanks
matt

·
Registered
584 Posts
Matt -Sorry for delay - very busy today....
The box says "NAPA ECHLIN IC 149"... Don't know who Echlin is...
Try this: http://www.napaonline.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/NAPAonline/customer_support.d2w/report

Try to order on-line. They have a toll free number but I think it only works in the US. I think they are in Atlanta Georgia here.

If that does not work, PM me and I'll figure out a way to get you the parts.

BTW - The original Parts says Magnet Mareli - AE1600G on a label and has "BAE 506" stamped on the back of the unit...

In know it will cross reference with a Jag V12 in mid 90's. But you have to be careful because it was a split year.. I think the 94 works but not 95 and newer... but I'm not sure because I threw away my notes.. sorry.

·
Registered
584 Posts
SI LAMBO said:
Jack and Earl Echlin found the company to produce a SAFE LITE safety device in 1924. NAPA picked Echlin to produce pump gears and igniters in 1928. The rest my friend is history. :wave:
Very interesting...not to hijack but what was a "Safe Lite"?

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
One of the first to produce a glazed glass for automotive applications, mainly for windshields.

Most of the Mechanics I speak to don't mind using replacement parts for the Lamborghini, but say to stay away from NAPA parts. This has been a consistent speech I get. Most of you guys use them and have no problems. Has anyone heard of any problems while using NAPA products on exotics as replacement parts?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Cool thanks for info. Over 3K miles on NAPA and no problems. Note that this is not a NAPA part, only a NAPA Part Number... It is the OEM part but distributed via NAPA rather than dealer. The only guy that told me the dist cap would not work was an independent (who visits this site) and was trying to sell me his cap for about $600 or $900...don't remember. I bought the identical cap from NAPA for about $65. I pulled it yesterday to inspect the cap and rotor and all is perfect...car runs strong....

You can make your own personal decisions....this is not rocket science. Same identical part..buy from distriubtor with volume discount or dealer mark up. I also made my own plug wires with OEM bosch tips for about $80.... go figure.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Update

Update - I stand corrected...not 3K since NAPA, but 5200 miles.. I'm getting ready for a major concours and judge's like to see original documentation like window sticker, service history, etc.

The previous owner relied exclusively on Lamborghini of Orlando / aka/ Ultimate Motors for all his service from day one.

I'm looking at a service receipt from 2 years ago where they charged $12/Qt for Moblile One. Let may say that again, $12 per quart... What a joke.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts