Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! New to the brand. looking at used EVO's currently as the allocation game didn't pan out for me unfortunately.

what concerns should I have with this car when buying used? I previously owned an R8 and had no problems over 25k miles of driving. is there a mileage that would concern anyone when buying second hand (ie is 15k on an EVO considered "high")?

in the past, I've always been wary of looking at cars with multiple owners over a short period of time. is this a red flag?

finally, anyone know of a good shop for a pre purchase inspection in the SF Bay area? thanks!

Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
What's the pricing look like? Though, 15K miles or a few owners should not be a problem just get a PPI at a Lamborghini dealership. Hopefully, someone can advise the best place to get the PPI in SF.

BTW, here is a Lamborghini Huracan that had ~ 2000 renters and 188K miles without a problem.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the pricing look like? Though, 15K miles or a few owners should not be a problem just get a PPI at a Lamborghini dealership. Hopefully, someone can advise the best place to get the PPI in SF.

BTW, here is a Lamborghini Huracan that had ~ 2000 renters and 188K miles without a problem.

Haha 鈥 188k miles are just a bit out of my comfort zone 馃ぃ

looking at a 鈥20 AWD . $309k MSRP 鈥 ask is $279k without negotiation. Hard to gauge what a good price is but this doesn鈥檛 seem too unreasonable 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 Might be able to get it lower. Mileage is around 15 k with multiple owners.

I agree that the inspection is necessary for sure.
thanks for the input!

Premium Member
Haha 鈥 188k miles are just a bit out of my comfort zone 馃ぃ

looking at a 鈥20 AWD . $309k MSRP 鈥 ask is $279k without negotiation. Hard to gauge what a good price is but this doesn鈥檛 seem too unreasonable 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 Might be able to get it lower. Mileage is around 15 k with multiple owners.

I agree that the inspection is necessary for sure.
thanks for the input!
In the current market although that pricing seems a bit high considering the inflated pricing we have seen post COVID it鈥檚 not all that bad. Did you get a CarFax? Any accidents? Also make sure if you proceed that they check for mileage tampering given that has been a problem that has been discussed on the forum.

Reactions: Vitveet and cdubbs

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question to any of you who have owned /driven both the RWD and AWD EVO. Which do you prefer? For regular usage and rare track events.

I know this is a loaded question but I have 2 potential cars I鈥檓 considering鈥攁nd of course the biggest difference between them on paper is the transmission 馃榾

I appreciate any guidance here!

Administrator
Question to any of you who have owned /driven both the RWD and AWD EVO. Which do you prefer? For regular usage and rare track events.

I know this is a loaded question but I have 2 potential cars I鈥檓 considering鈥攁nd of course the biggest difference between them on paper is the transmission 馃榾

I appreciate any guidance here!
Transmission in both cars are the same. RWD is great but it depends on power level. If you don't plan on adding a turbo/super charger, then RWD definitely.

Registered
you've owned an r8 so you would know it's pretty low risk for anything to break on the drivetrain under 30k miles. For what it's worth, i've owned my r8 for 8 years (and still own it) issues started to surface past 25k miles and hitting the 6th year mark. It's not catastrophic, but range anywhere from 3-5k per repair, so it will add up without warranty. Had no issues with performante at 15k miles

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you've owned an r8 so you would know it's pretty low risk for anything to break on the drivetrain under 30k miles. For what it's worth, i've owned my r8 for 8 years (and still own it) issues started to surface past 25k miles and hitting the 6th year mark. It's not catastrophic, but range anywhere from 3-5k per repair, so it will add up without warranty. Had no issues with performante at 15k miles
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I thought my V10 plus R8 was bullet proof over about 20k miles. That gives me confidence that the Huracan is also capable of taking some miles without worry. Nonetheless, I鈥檝e given up on the AWD with miles (15k) amd I鈥檓 concentrating on some barely used RWDs on the market.

Can鈥檛 find the perfect spec but I鈥檓 just excited to get into a new brand. Now 鈥 I鈥檓 just trying to convince myself that I can pull off arancio borealis馃ぃ鈥.last 5 cars were pretty safe color wise 鈥攚hite R8, silver McLaren, white McLaren, black McLaren, grey McLaren !!

Registered
2016 Huracan
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I thought my V10 plus R8 was bullet proof over about 20k miles. That gives me confidence that the Huracan is also capable of taking some miles without worry. Nonetheless, I鈥檝e given up on the AWD with miles (15k) amd I鈥檓 concentrating on some barely used RWDs on the market.

Can鈥檛 find the perfect spec but I鈥檓 just excited to get into a new brand. Now 鈥 I鈥檓 just trying to convince myself that I can pull off arancio borealis馃ぃ鈥.last 5 cars were pretty safe color wise 鈥攚hite R8, silver McLaren, white McLaren, black McLaren, grey McLaren !!
I was looking for a 610-4 in Black.
Looked at and drove a few.
I liked the AWD but how to put it... to me, it was almost to refined.
It made the car too easy/tame. Removed the need for driver skill.
Donuts and smoke shows are even harder on, and in an AWD system. (not that I advocate those... lol)
Doing a drift on corners... that's a nope in AWD.
Made the only real pucker factor in the car, the acceleration.
Made me feel relaxed and overconfident.
If I was driving hard in the rain/wet , or more relaxed I would choose the AWD ....

Then I saw a real low mile Arancio Borealis 580-2.
Good price so I thought I would take a look but thought I would not buy it because of the colour....
Car was mint...
And when I noticed that the colour changes from a yellow to orange depending on light and angle, I though ok maybe I can give it a chance.
Loved the way the RWD handled... can have a lot more "fun" with it.
More of the feeling that your are riding a bull. Reminds you, your driving a supercar.

It's really personal taste and driving style to decide if you want AWD or RWD.

I bought the car thinking I may wrap it black right away...
Then after a few days the colour started growing on me, and I got a lot of compliments on the colour.
And it does not show dirt like I expected it would for a darkish colour.
Add some black highlights or roof to the car and it looks just sick! (That is what I plan to do now).

Getting a "non-safe" colour helps you stand apart from the other guys and also just seems more fun.
Almost like wearing a "Power Tie"

Put the safe colours on your Toyota . You don't want to be noticed in one of those.

Premium Member
Arancio borealis is amazing in person.
I was the same way when I bought mine, always had neutral colors. Like my salesman said, its a Lamborghini.....why be subtle.
Your salesman is wise beyond his years. :giggle: Subtle, what's that?

Reactions: cdubbs

Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Wheel Sky Cloud Tire Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Car
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

The last picture is when I picked it up brand new, bone stock.
Then added a 1016 carbon hood, and a Novice wing and Avante Garde Luxury rims.. First picture is a vinyl wrap(partial) for a charity rally.
Ive put 6000 miles on it in just under a year.
Video of it at the 1:40 mark.

Registered
Here's my encounter with a 2015 Arancio

Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD Grigio Lynx

Premium Member
@ArancioEVO, Nice but I guess we have to read bottom to top to get the proper transformation order. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: ArancioEVO
1 - 20 of 21 Posts