Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally breaking down and ordering an Urus. Getting most options except offroad pkg. Not sure on some. Input appreciated.

Smooth leather vs suede leather steering wheel - Was going to pick smooth but anyone chose suede? Wear and tear issues with suede?

Might get contrast belts - But if don't like them is there a way to swap out to basic black?

Ambient Light - See a few posts saying not worth it. Anyone have pics to share? Video on the configurator makes this look good though.

Heat reflective windscreen - What exactly is this? Tint?

Lamborghini Vehicle Tracking - Like LoJack?

Acoustic and Heat Insulated Glass - Would this mute the exhaust sound? Tinted?

23" corsa vs 23" summer tires? - Will be using this a DD mostly local driving. Live in N. Cal. Is there a substantial grip/noise difference?

Thanks!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just get everything, otherwise you’ll regret it later. Except the 23”, they look great, but as a DD they make little sense. Maybe you have pristine road surface where you live?. Plus replacement 23” tires are in very short supply (as they’re prone to sidewall blow outs) according to my dealer.

The off-road package is a bit of an odd one, and likely not appealing (changes the front and rear skid plates and appearance for greater approach angles). Not to be confused with the extra off-road driving modes option which is a no-brainer.

Oh, and get the spare tire option regardless.

Let us know what the dealer ETA is, hearing reports of 12-18 months currently.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Finally breaking down and ordering an Urus. Getting most options except offroad pkg. Not sure on some. Input appreciated.

Smooth leather vs suede leather steering wheel - Was going to pick smooth but anyone chose suede? Wear and tear issues with suede?

Might get contrast belts - But if don't like them is there a way to swap out to basic black?

Ambient Light - See a few posts saying not worth it. Anyone have pics to share? Video on the configurator makes this look good though.

23" corsa vs 23" summer tires? - Will be using this a DD mostly local driving. Live in N. Cal. Is there a substantial grip/noise difference?

Thanks!
Go for it! I opted for perforated leather; I heard the suede does wear over time/collects oils from hands.

I have the ambient light option. It's certainly embellished on the configurator, but I don't regret getting it.

That glass option is double paned and does reduce sound, but I have no reference for how much. The rear windows are tinted really dark. Will have to go really dark on front if you want to color match.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Go for smooth leather steering wheel. The alcantara will get “matty” over time and require lots of care. The lighting package is completely worthless, you can’t even see it when you drive. I thought the insulated glass was a good add to my build. I ran the summer tires, didn’t hear any road noise. My favorite ‘add’ was the Akrapovic exhaust. As stealth as stock but insane in Sport and Corsa mode. Massage seats are the real deal, too

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just get everything, otherwise you’ll regret it later. Except the 23”, they look great, but as a DD they make little sense. Maybe you have pristine road surface where you live?. Plus replacement 23” tires are in very short supply (as they’re prone to sidewall blow outs) according to my dealer.

The off-road package is a bit of an odd one, and likely not appealing (changes the front and rear skid plates and appearance for greater approach angles). Not to be confused with the extra off-road driving modes option which is a no-brainer.

Oh, and get the spare tire option regardless.

Let us know what the dealer ETA is, hearing reports of 12-18 months currently.
My immediate local roads are great but a few miles out they get rough. Going to look at the 22s. Didn't think about spares but good point. FWIW my dealer said the Urus tires last about 10K.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go for it! I opted for perforated leather; I heard the suede does wear over time/collects oils from hands.

I have the ambient light option. It's certainly embellished on the configurator, but I don't regret getting it.

That glass option is double paned and does reduce sound, but I have no reference for how much. The rear windows are tinted really dark. Will have to go really dark on front if you want to color match.
Confirmed with dealer as well. Double paned and tinted. Think I'll pass and just get the sunshades.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Go for smooth leather steering wheel. The alcantara will get “matty” over time and require lots of care. The lighting package is completely worthless, you can’t even see it when you drive. I thought the insulated glass was a good add to my build. I ran the summer tires, didn’t hear any road noise. My favorite ‘add’ was the Akrapovic exhaust. As stealth as stock but insane in Sport and Corsa mode. Massage seats are the real deal, too
I had smooth leather on my 580 and now on the AVS. Thinking about the perforated. But would like to see it before committing to either one.

Definitely getting the Akrapovic exhaust. I test drove one with the standard exhaust and even in Corsa it was a bit muted.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts

I tried catching the rear. It’s impossible… the darker I went but starts changing the color. I stuck with 20 percent. Inside it look the same

·
Premium Member
222 Posts

Steering wheel- I went with perforated leather. Personally I like it better.

Belts - I have terra Asia , so I went with black

ambient light - sure it’s not great , but I don’t regret it

reflective windows ( windshield and sides ). It’s worth it. Yes it blocks some noice , but that’s when the windows go down.When I want it quiet it’s great.

I went with 23s. I live in NY and you just have to be careful. Excited to ship it to south Florida tho

love my exhaust!

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
259 Posts
Suede is not good for a daily driver. Definitely the Acoustic and Heat Insulated Glass. I have the 21in wheels with all season any the are really quite tires. Also recommend the B&O upgraded audio.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Suede is not good for a daily driver. Definitely the Acoustic and Heat Insulated Glass. I have the 21in wheels with all season any the are really quite tires. Also recommend the B&O upgraded audio.
I listen to a variety of music from rock to trance. Need something versatile hopefully the B&O will do the trick.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any thoughts on the exterior carbon fiber package? Concerned it might get chipped a lot esp since I'll be driving this nearly every day.

·
Registered
143 Posts

Thanks!

Finally breaking down and ordering an Urus. Getting most options except offroad pkg. Not sure on some. Input appreciated. What are they quoting you for delivery? Just curious.

Smooth leather vs suede leather steering wheel - Was going to pick smooth but anyone chose suede? Wear and tear issues with suede? I went with leather and contrast stitching. It works well.

Might get contrast belts - But if don't like them is there a way to swap out to basic black? Dont get anything light in color as the belts will show dirt from all of the handling.

Ambient Light - See a few posts saying not worth it. Anyone have pics to share? Video on the configurator makes this look good though. I got it but it doesn't do much. This option in my G63 is much better.

Heat reflective windscreen - What exactly is this? Tint? I did this. I am not sure of the difference though.

Lamborghini Vehicle Tracking - Like LoJack? No interest

Acoustic and Heat Insulated Glass - Would this mute the exhaust sound? Tinted? I skipped this but had my windows tinted and also have the rear sun shades which are a cool option.

23" corsa vs 23" summer tires? - Will be using this a DD mostly local driving. Live in N. Cal. Is there a substantial grip/noise difference? I dont hear any road noise worth being concerned with.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Finally breaking down and ordering an Urus. Getting most options except offroad pkg. Not sure on some. Input appreciated. What are they quoting you for delivery? Just curious.
$3K delivery but will find out next week for sure.
About 10 months from placing order to delivery.

Still waffling about the wheel arches. Body color vs black gloss...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts