Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a dumb question on the wrong forum, but would appreciate some honest unbiased responses:

Looking to add either a Urus or G63 to park beside my performante spyder.

I've never been a fan of the old G63s, but I'm in love with the redesign. The front tail lights and the interior, they just killed it in my opinion!

With the Urus, I wasn't a big fan when they came out with it. The looks have grown on me overtime. Especially when you see it in person. Those 23 inch shiny black rims looks so nice.

I do care about resale and I think a G63 would possibly make me money if I sell it within the first year. Not sure about Urus resale values. In fact, if I sell the G63 to an exporter, I can probably make $100k. I'll be banned from buying Mercedes but I can take that extra $100k and order an Urus. I don't really like the other cars from Mercedes so I don't care.

What would you choose and why?

Any Urus owners care to chime in their thoughts?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I may offend a few people on here, but honestly the Urus feels like a waste of money. I cannot think of any logical reason to buy a Urus over an equivalent Audi. You pay more and get nothing for it aside from the exterior. I truly dont understand why people buy them. Its 60% of Lamborghinis sales these days, so clearly theres something I dont get. I'd much rather have a sensible SUV over a very expensive SUV that looks ridiculous. I know you can apply my argument to any Lamborghini, but I think we all can agree a huracan/aventador/whatever is a purchase that isnt entirely logical. The difference with the Urus is that its supposed to be a utility vehicle.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO (Ordered 06/29/2021)
31 Posts
My zwei Pfennig…

VAG platform sharing at its best. The Urus is a rebadged/redesigned Cayenne & Audi Q sister.
You pay for the style/badge snobbery over one or the other. Marketing genius at work. Frankly, it‘s embarrassing when you analyze/review what choices we make for the sake of appearances. Heck, the Audi R8 is just as good as the Huracan. I can’t believe I ordered/purchased a Huracan over the much less expensive R8. I must be nucking futz! I’m guilty as charged/Badge snobbery…

The Urus will be/is the cash cow for Lamborghini, just as the case for the Cayenne/Macan for VAG. This fact allows us (and Lamborghini/Porsche to continue to build) to enjoy our Lamborghini/Porsche sports cars!

OP - get a G-Wagon. Looks/functionality/off-road capability/history/tradition, & resale is better than the Urus. It’s still predominantly hand assembled. Bear in mind, a new order is about 1.5-2 year wait at this juncture…

I like the fact the MB G-Wagon is a standalone model. Nothing else like it. It‘s why I gravitate to it over all the other SUVs. I have a 2017 G63 and there is nothing out there like it. I love it. I know the redesign is superior in every way, but I’m a purist/traditionalist, so I prefer the old style that actually dates back to pre-1979…

YMMV/Cheers,
B

·
Registered
16 Posts
Recently had a modern Gwagon and URUS at same time. For me it was not even close. The Urus does everything the Gwagon does better. If I really want to get super dirty /go off road I would take my sons purpose build Wrangler not a 1/4M SUV. It's true the G wagon will likely continue have better long term resale value.. Outside that the
Urus is..
Smoother, Faster better braking, better handling, more interior space at least for the passengers, more comfortable (for me at least), more Unique, better tech....
To be honest the URUS is a lil too good to be a Lambo in some ways and that is really the only knock on it as it doesn't feel as "Special" as some of the other Lambo Models.
My teenage daughter still loves the G wagon but I would be suprised if anyone that has both really preferred the G .

VR,
///MK

·
Registered
90 Posts
Probably a dumb question on the wrong forum, but would appreciate some honest unbiased responses:

I've never been a fan of the old G63s, but I'm in love with the redesign. The front tail lights and the interior, they just killed it in my opinion!

With the Urus, I wasn't a big fan when they came out with it. The looks have grown on me overtime. Especially when you see it in person. Those 23 inch shiny black rims looks so nice.

I do care about resale and I think a G63 would possibly make me money if I sell it within the first year. Not sure about Urus resale values. In fact, if I sell the G63 to an exporter, I can probably make $100k. I'll be banned from buying Mercedes but I can take that extra $100k and order an Urus. I don't really like the other cars from Mercedes so I don't care.

I may offend a few people on here, but honestly the Urus feels like a waste of money. I cannot think of any logical reason to buy a Urus over an equivalent Audi. You pay more and get nothing for it aside from the exterior. I truly dont understand why people buy them. Its 60% of Lamborghinis sales these days, so clearly theres something I dont get. I'd much rather have a sensible SUV over a very expensive SUV that looks ridiculous. I know you can apply my argument to any Lamborghini, but I think we all can agree a huracan/aventador/whatever is a purchase that isnt entirely logical. The difference with the Urus is that its supposed to be a utility vehicle.
You could make the same argument about the R8 vs Huracan... If you want a Lamborghini, you buy a Lamborghini.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Did you miss this?

I know you can apply my argument to any Lamborghini, but I think we all can agree a huracan/aventador/whatever is a purchase that isnt entirely logical. The difference with the Urus is that its supposed to be a utility vehicle.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Did you miss this?

I know you can apply my argument to any Lamborghini, but I think we all can agree a huracan/aventador/whatever is a purchase that isnt entirely logical. The difference with the Urus is that its supposed to be a utility vehicle.
One could argue that an SUV with 640 horsepower isn't "entirely logical". Or the fact that it costs over a quarter of a million dollars, also isn't "entirely logical". So because the Urus can seat five, can hold stuff, and can actually go over speedbumps, somehow makes it an illogical purchase relative to a Huracan or Aventador because, according to you, it's too logical as a Lamborghini? You really lost me there...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sigh.

You buy a huracan because you want a ridiculous sports car. It has the sacrifices and compromises of a ridiculous sports car. Its impractical, its loud, it looks ridiculous. Thats what exotic sports cars are.

You buy an SUV because you need to carry people or things, you need to haul and tow, you have practical things to do. It is for utility purposes. The "utility" part is the #1 priority in designing a car like the Urus. When the main purpose of a vehicle is practicality and usability, why would you want to overspend on what is essentially an RSQ8, just for a badge, some styling, and not a whole lot else?

If Lamborghini made a pickup truck that was just a reskinned F150 except $100k more expensive, would you buy that to use as a work truck? Hopefully not.

Theres a difference between utility vehicles and fun/sports vehicles. I think this is part of why a lot of people, including me, see these as almost vulgar. There is no reason to own a Urus over an RSQ8 other than wanting people to look at you. Personally, I cannot comprehend why anybody would pay such a markup just to have strangers look in their direction.

The huracan vs the R8 is not at all the same as the Urus vs the RSQ8. If it was me I'd skip both of them and get something reasonable. These ultra show-offy SUVs are just gross in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I really like the new Gwagons and would always prefer a more rugged SUV that can tow something, to a crossover-ey sports pod. The Urus just makes me sad for the reasons mentioned above and because I feel like Lamborghini could have made something so much cooler.

I'd go with the G63.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Too easy. Full size Range Rover. 😉

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've had two SVRs (2020 - totalled, 2021 - traded-in). I LOVED them.

For the full size, not really a big fan... seems like an "old mans" ride. But they sure are beautiful.
Nothing less than a full size deserves to carry a Range Rover badge, the rest are just fluff. Old man's ride? Depends how you drive them. 😉

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
The G wagon is a turd to drive, even the new one. And lets not forget the crazy markup dealers are asking for the new G. There's over 70+ new G's listed in Canada, exporters aren't biting because MY21 G63's got a massive MSRP price hike so there's no profit to be made and the 2019's are so overpriced no one is buying them. At some point the bubble's going to burst as inventory increases once the early G's come off leases.

And maybe I'm bias because I own a Urus but it's a much better driving SUV than the G wagon and it looks better. As far as values, I think the bottom is around the mid 200's.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The G wagon is a turd to drive, even the new one. And lets not forget the crazy markup dealers are asking for the new G. There's over 70+ new G's listed in Canada, exporters aren't biting because MY21 G63's got a massive MSRP price hike so there's no profit to be made and the 2019's are so overpriced no one is buying them. At some point the bubble's going to burst as inventory increases once the early G's come off leases.

And maybe I'm bias because I own a Urus but it's a much better driving SUV than the G wagon and it looks better. As far as values, I think the bottom is around the mid 200's.
Always great to hear your thoughts!

I agree, so many g wagons for sale for some reason… people are asking $310k CAD for a 2021 brand new unit which is crazy. Are people really paying that much or is that the reason they’re all sitting. I can get a fully loaded one for around $250k CAD (matte paint). The rep is my friend and he can get it for me in 8 months or so.

But like you said, it’s going to be hard for someone to pay me $300k when the car lands as the buyers at that markup are typically exporters.

By the way, mind me asking, did you order the Urus or did you buy a ready unit? I’m trying to figure out how long an order for an Urus would take in Ontario.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Reactions: Geruvah
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.