Lamborghini Talk banner

Urraco Track Rod Ends

4805 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  RedMonkeyButt
Does anyone know where I can get Track Rod Ends.
Eurospares only sells the whole Track Rod for a ridiculous price, I am sure they must be off a Fiat or Lancia or something and I imagine that the Jalpa probably shares the same part.
I know the Rack is off a Lancia Beta but I think the Steering Arms are probably Fiat 130 as they seem to be integral with the Front Strut therefore the Rack ends of the Track Rods are probably common to the Beta but possibly not the steering arm end which is what I need.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Robert, have you looked at Raymonds Jalpa page? Raymond talks about a replacement for the Jalpa which may well fit the Urraco also. Its under the common problems page of Lamborghini Jalpa Home Page
I have been unable to find any more detail on the part but hopefully Raymond might be able to provide more information on where to source the part he mentions.
FRAP 511 is the number mentioned but not sure if that is an acronym or not
If you find anything let us know.
Mike
Jalpa Aus,

Many many thanks for this tip.
FRAP 511 is definitely the correct Track Rod End for the Urraco, I fitted these parts yesterday.
FRAP is the name of the manufacturer and the part was fitted to a 60's Alfa Romeo Giulia saloon. I don't know what the Alfa Romeo part number is but a description was enough to secure the parts from ClassicAlfa here in the UK for a very reasonable £9.40 each.
Starter motor ring gear

Robert excellent work on the track rod ends. I have just split the engine from the gear box, photos to follow when I have time. Did you have any more luck identifying the clutch friction plate, Mercedes I think you were looking at. The ring gear on the Urraco look at little dodgy but a replacement clutch plate is £871 from Eurospares anyone have any ideas.
Robert excellent work on the track rod ends. I have just split the engine from the gear box, photos to follow when I have time. Did you have any more luck identifying the clutch friction plate, Mercedes I think you were looking at. The ring gear on the Urraco look at little dodgy but a replacement clutch plate is £871 from Eurospares anyone have any ideas.
This is for the Jalpa from Raymonds site.

Clutch disc - Sachs 1861-561-002 Note: This disc is also used on the BMW M5.
I have just checked and 1861 561 002 is the Sachs number for the friction plate for the P300 and as you say it is shared with the BMW E12 (I think this is 5 series), the P250 is a smaller clutch - friction plate Sachs part number 1861 515 336 and this is shared with various Mercedes models, the friction plate that corresponds with this Sachs number is available from LUK - part number 323006216 at a fraction of the cost from Eurospares, I have just bought one for my P250 but I am yet to fit it but I have every reason to believe it is correct.
As far as the ring gear is concerned I don't know if this is used on any other mainstream vehicle - Are there any numbers visible?
If the Irraco uses the same ones as the Jalpa Jacques has brand new ones for sale. They were engineered off of my Jalpa that he had until last friday.
Today I discovered a further Frap equivalent part for the V8.

This is for the front suspension lower ball joint, Lamborghini part 005106906 is Frap part 150. This was used on a '70 Ford Taunus. Interestingly Frap 511 track rod end mentioned above was also used on the same car!
Hei, the fitting track rod end for Urraco (VW Bus Mk II, BMW 02-series, ...) is avaliable in turning clockwise and counter-clockwise. Can anybody give me Information if I need two clockwise-turning, one clockwise one counter-clockwise or two counter-clockwise turning items? Thanks, Martin
Hei, a current and fitting track rod end is e.g.
Manufacturer: LEMFOERDER
Product ID: 10252 04
EAN code: 4047437379497
you need two right thread turning items.
Martin
Anybody know of espada crossover part for track rod ends/ball joints?
FRAP 511 is the number mentioned but not sure if that is an acronym or not
If you find anything let us know.
Mike
1 - 13 of 13 Posts