Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently going to get my P250 restored soon and i'm doing research on the car and i'm looking for the Vin number/body number and i can't seem to find it. Someone once told me its the top of the firewall the in engine compartment and someone also said there's another in the front of the vehicle in the boot (not sure if passenger side or driver side) I was wondering if anyone can help me.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Hi,
on the traverse where the lock/strut of the engine lid is fixed you can find the body-number, with this one I can provide you a lot of information.
The VIN should be stamped somewhere in the front compartment and is present on the ID-plate located in the engine bay.
I attached some examples

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
on the traverse where the lock/strut of the engine lid is fixed you can find the body-number, with this one I can provide you a lot of information.
The VIN should be stamped somewhere in the front compartment and is present on the ID-plate located in the engine bay.
I attached some examples View attachment 292265 View attachment 292266 View attachment 292267
Thank you i'll go look it up. i was wondering that my Urraco only has the 15XXX why does some have 1060*XX

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Thank you i'll go look it up. i was wondering that my Urraco only has the 15XXX why does some have 1060*XX
15xxx or 20xxx, 30xxx is the chassis-nr, 1060-??? is the Body/Consignment number
they are always a pair.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
15xxx or 20xxx, 30xxx is the chassis-nr, 1060-??? is the Body/Consignment number
they are always a pair.
Is there anyway to determine the consignment number for my Urraco or it's fixed at 1060? I was able to find the one in the front boot, but not in the trunk

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
1060 is fix, the number behind is the consignment number - as mentioned it's in the engine bay, where the lock of the engine bay is near the strut which holds the lid when open.
There should also be the plate which has the chassis-nr mentioned in the engine bay, either left or right where the engine bay light is.
Have a look at the picture and you will find them

Reactions: bushido_brown

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Was able to find an old post. My Vin is 15166 (confirmed) and apparently the cosign number is 1060*80 not yet confirmed.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Chassis and Body/Consignment match

Your car is quite unknown, this the first recent picture you posted

hollebek for romain hoverlee
appeared in Motorensport 26/07/1973

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Yes, #15166
rossosenapeBE18.04.1973

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Could you share some pictures of the inside?

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Do you know where I can get a copy of the article? I want to frame it once my Urraco is done.
I guess you have to search on e-bay, I found a lot old magazines there but couldn't find it on first try.
Thanks for the pictures, looks like it was changed in and out side - at least one can see the original red paint in the door sill.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I guess you have to search on e-bay, I found a lot old magazines there but couldn't find it on first try.
Thanks for the pictures, looks like it was changed in and out side - at least one can see the original red paint in the door sill.
Do you know the name/title of the magazine? I would love to have a copy, because it would add history of the car.

Yes, the original plan was to paint it green (Miura green), but since the original color is red and the interior was a mustard brown, going to bring it back to the original color.
Also is there anyway to prove or determine that the Urraco featured in the magazine is the one i have?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts