Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just joined.
I have recently purchased a 2004 Gallardo which I suspect was almost never driven. Poor girl. Still has the original analog radio and a tape deck!! I haven't seen one of those for a while. I feel it is about time to upgrade the dash and do a proper job of it with an on board computerised system
At the very least I will need a touch screen, reversing and forward looking cameras, digital radio, connectivity with my android phone and sat nav. Should I purchase a system that essentially is a phone within my car? Surely not too much to ask in 2021. I have looked at older posts and streams but the technology changes so rapidly I am uncertain where to look and what is available.
On a more rueful note, 2021 also means that I might have to protect myself from unwarranted accusations of abusive behaviour and sexual impropriety and I wonder about additionally linking in an in-car camera recording myself and any passengers as is found in taxis and ride share vehicles.
I would welcome suggestions from fellow lambotragics and wiser heads than mine.

As you do.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I installed an Atoto head unit into my car. There's an 8-inch and 10-inch version if you want to go bigger but I wanted the integrated into the dash look like the factory, and 7" was more time correct for this car in terms of fitment. Here's the video series which talks about it:

The Atoto supports a front camera integrated into the head unit but I didn't install it. It has wired car play but you can get an upgraded version with wireless.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Check this link from another member-this is the way to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts