Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I read through all of the old reviews on Bentley Gold Coast, but they were all at least a year old. I'm currently looking at two of their cars and have read almost all good things about their cars and dealership. However, I wanted to make sure that this is the case before I make any commitment to a trip up to the windy city. I have read all of the compliments towards Chris, but thus far I have been working with Mir Imad. Have any of you had experience with him? He has been helpful and quick to reply thus far. Thank you in advance for responses!

Thank you,

Aventador97

·
Registered
376 Posts
In all sincerity, I had a terrible experience.

PM me for details.
I would post it so other people can be forewarned. I know Leo said his mirror arrived hanging off. Also his friends car had a bad clutch and something else.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have absolutely no dog in this fight and I have never dealt with this dealership and I am halfway across the country, but over the 2-3 years I have been an owner and member of forums this dealership specifically seems to always come up with negative connotation. just my .02

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I warned you about Gold Coast! PLEASEEEEE tell me you didnt do business with them:mad:

Unfortunately we did buy our cars from them....

They sent me my lp560 with a broken mirror and my friend got it 100x worst... He had to buy a new Egear system (20k+) and he also found out his car was a race rental car in Vegas.

Do NOT buy ANY CAR from this dealer... Even if the price is good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
633 Posts
Anyone deal with Roland there? It's a shame these negative reviews because they have a Lambo I'm interested in. I assume a PPI would help buffer some of the negative aspects?

Sent from my 16M

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, I'm currently shopping for an Aventador and being in Chicago this was the first place I went to because I remember being in college and walking past this place and saying, "One day..."

Well that day came and I walked in ready to talk business. Well, I was told about how they sell watches, and I didn't have to spend so much on Lamborghini because the Gallardo is a beautiful car that I'd enjoy and they could find me ANY color that I wanted and ship it directly to me.

That's great, but I'm here to purchase an Aventador.

It just went downhill from there. Now maybe it's because I was wearing jeans and a shirt but I felt talked down to. The salesperson acted as if he had much better things to do and that I didn't really know what I was looking for ("You know, it's not just an expensive car to acquire, but it's expensive as in upkeep. The oil changes alone are almost $8000. Is that something you want to live with?"). So after that experience I left and joined here to learn more.

I can say that I took something positive away from the experience, I'm learning a lot more about Lambo ownership and how others are going about it. I like to be knowledgeable about a major purchase so I'm really happy to have found these forums.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well, I'm currently shopping for an Aventador and being in Chicago this was the first place I went to because I remember being in college and walking past this place and saying, "One day..."

Well that day came and I walked in ready to talk business. Well, I was told about how they sell watches, and I didn't have to spend so much on Lamborghini because the Gallardo is a beautiful car that I'd enjoy and they could find me ANY color that I wanted and ship it directly to me.

That's great, but I'm here to purchase an Aventador.

It just went downhill from there. Now maybe it's because I was wearing jeans and a shirt but I felt talked down to. The salesperson acted as if he had much better things to do and that I didn't really know what I was looking for ("You know, it's not just an expensive car to acquire, but it's expensive as in upkeep. The oil changes alone are almost $8000. Is that something you want to live with?"). So after that experience I left and joined here to learn more.

I can say that I took something positive away from the experience, I'm learning a lot more about Lambo ownership and how others are going about it. I like to be knowledgeable about a major purchase so I'm really happy to have found these forums.

That's a darn shame.
I was emailing back and forth with them and they failed to follow up with me.....
Seriously, where is customer service these days?

Sent from my 16M

·
Registered
376 Posts
The salesperson acted as if he had much better things to do and that I didn't really know what I was looking for ("You know, it's not just an expensive car to acquire, but it's expensive as in upkeep. The oil changes alone are almost $8000. Is that something you want to live with?"). So after that experience I left and joined here to learn more.
Does that $8k include shipping it to Italy and back to change the oil? That's just plain silly.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It boggles the mind to think someone was deceived and purchased a car without knowledge it was a race rental. The dealer that did this should be ashamed and one would hope they read these reviews to learn how poorly they are perceived in the customers view.

Quite simply...for anyone who is looking for a Lambo...do your window shopping at the dealer nearest you; learn what you like, take a drive, look at options and colors, and then go straight to Dallas. Until proven otherwise, I believe they are the best in the business.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I feel terrible for all the people who had a bad experience with them. However, I purchased my first Lamborghini from them back in 2014, an '06 Gallardo, and had a pretty good experience. I found it on their website, called up about it, they supplied the information I was asking for, then I flew in from NY and bought it. Was a great car for the 3 years I owned it, then upgraded to an LP560-4 which I purchased from a different dealer (only because it was the exact car I was looking for). I don't remember who my salesman was at Gold Coast. So just saying, it might be a case by case thing.

·
Registered
103 Posts
By next year I will be up to Lambo #4 with Gold Coast and it’s because of the upstanding service and support we keep going back. They’ve always taken care of us right from the start. I’ve got no complaints.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts