Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An unususal problem just cropped up with my 6L Diablo. When I try to raise the front of the car it does so fine and then when it is at its max hight it proceeds to lower the car down to the origional position. The shocks light then flashes on the dash. The raise/lower switch then has no further response unless I switch off/on the ignition. It does this even when the car is not moving or both wheels are off the ground (ie. no load). Also I see no oil leaks.

Before I start digging into this would like to know if anybody else out there has come across this. I guess there must be some kind of limiter switch kicking in. Would appreciate suggestions.

·
Registered
52 Posts
This is out of the service manual:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Mark. I suspect the first option. Any idea wher the pressure switches are located?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like they are attached to the valve

·
Registered
119 Posts
The problem is most likely the pressure actuator switches, in particular the low pressure switch. The two switches have adjustment screws. One sticks out a lot and is painted green, the other, low pressure switch is usually screwed in flat and is painted red. This is the one that may need adjustment.

The problem is that the oil in the lines is thickened in the cold and decreases flow. If the engine was fully hot for a while all may be OK.

To adjust you may need to move that RED screw in or out 1/32 or 1/16 a turn. If you move it 1/4 turn you may never get it back to spec. It is very, very, very picky.

You may just want to let your dealer do it. It may also be a bad switch or something altogether different. Fiddling with high pressure lines is for professionals. 80 BAR is over a thousand PSI.

The location is #5 above.

aehaas

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks aehaas, you have just given me my next repair project! I am just finishing up putting in a HID system (will report on it soon). Then I will check what you said. Makes some sense since it is cold here these days.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I have checked a few things out on this problem. Running the Koni diagnostic test (Flip switch under dash, ignition key on, press auto on suspension stiffness etc) gave no indication of a problem. So I conclude the shocks themselves are OK. This also jives with no errors when driving.

As suggested above I tried adjusting the min and max sensors. I even went to a 1/4 turn each way on each. Problem still remained. The oil in the power steering was a little low (1" below surface) filled it still problem.

I am now thinking of replacing the MIN and MAX pressure switches.

Questions.

From the symptoms, can I pick one of the switches as being the most lightly to fail? I will replace one at a time. In the down position the MAX pressure switch is closed (0 resistance across the two contacts) and the MIN switch is open (infinity resistance). According to the 6.0L manual (page 44-10) this is correct. Does this help any.

I cannot seem to find the Lamborghini part numbers for these switches. Does anybody out there have them?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot to include a picture of the MAX /MIN pressure switches (sensors). Will try it here.

\image

Again anybody got Lamborghini part numbers?

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Seems to me that the "switches" are actually a part of the whole KONI valve unit. And one part number for the unit is 005134571. Seriously hope I'm wrong as the unit is around $3900... ouch.

Add this to all the front shock problems and it gets harder and harder to think highly of KONI....

-mick

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
monahan_z said:
I sure as hell hope not! Looks like they screw out. Anybody out there ever replaced one.
I went through my 99 parts manual two times page by page and can't find the switches as seperate peices. The concern is that the diagram seems to show the two switches as part of the valve and not exploded. The KONI part number maybe 7120-1044-03D

·
Registered
119 Posts
The switches can be replaced. Be careful not to lose the small pressure washes on the base of the screw on the switch.

You have to bleed the pressure off first. There is a nipple that is between the switches but hard to get to. You may have to remove the top mounting screw to the valve block. Run a hose back to the reservoir.

aehaas

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the good news is that it looks like the switches are not a Koni part. I enclose a URL to site that has specs on this type of pressure switch.

http://www.pvl.co.uk/datafaxes/1021 - PMN.pdf

Anybody know the exact type for the MIN & MAX pressure switches. I have managed to read most of what is written on the side of my low pressure switch . It looks like it is a:-

EC PMN 50A NG XXX G ???

Can anybody make out the "Tread type" (XXX above) on theirs. I need a bigger wrench to twist the MAX unit so I can try and read that one. Can anybody read what is etched on to the side of their units better than me.
Also where in the US can I get these switches.

Note you will need the PDF reader active to read this URL.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shock problem

I also have a 6.0 and having the same probem AFTER the shocks were rebuilt.. This sucks! Lambo. should continue to warrenty the shocks since this was their error in product selection for the car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
OLD TOPIC; need more info

does anyone out there have a step by step guide as to how to correct this complete with diagrams? for some reason the pictures are scrambled. if there is a new PDF or something on it that would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

1 - 18 of 18 Posts