Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Blu Cepheus Urus
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you living in more densely populated areas, are you feeling more wary of driving with the roof off?

I go between NYC and South Florida. I don't think I would drive an exotic in NY for fear that someone would try to grab my watch, spit on me, etc etc because of the tension in the country right now.

What are your thoughts? Any bad experiences when your top is down?

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
For those of you living in more densely populated areas, are you feeling more wary of driving with the roof off?

I go between NYC and South Florida. I would don't think I would drive an exotic in NY for fear that someone would try to grab my watch, spit on me, etc etc because of the tension in the country right now.

You’ll get a better shot at an assailant with the top down.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,389 Posts
Not a problem here in Hawaii, for the most part people are very respectful. If I was in NYC I am sure things would be different.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rosso Mars Huracan STO
17,248 Posts
That's a hard thing to do with two coupes but theoretically I imagine top down might be a little more risky.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
I live in rural areas on top of mountain. When I had my old boxster 986 I constantly worried of chipmunks, chimps, racoons, frogs, and snakes that may wanted a joyride. Turned out only big spiders that loved jumping on my face.

Cities here are really boring - nothing will happen top down unless you drive naked.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Certain streets I avoid now, sometimes I had the windows down all the way and in 2 occasions homeless guys stuck their entire torso through the passenger window saying mumbled words. In other places at red lights some will stand at your driver's door inches away staring at you the entire length of the street light. I never liked taking the targa top off anyway but now I never leave more than an inch gap when I open my window in most areas.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
I live in rural areas on top of mountain. When I had my old boxster 986 I constantly worried of chipmunks, chimps, racoons, frogs, and snakes that may wanted a joyride. Turned out only big spiders that loved jumping on my face.

Cities here are really boring - nothing will happen top down unless you drive naked.
Damn snow monkeys I saw them when I went to Onsen in the mountains.

·
Premium Member
17,248 Posts
That's too funny spiders in your Spyder..........one word Coupe. Hopefully, the spiders weren't the Joro variants.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
That's too funny spiders in your Spyder..........one word Coupe. Hopefully, the spiders weren't the Joro variants.
I don't know the species for certain. They were very colorful indeed with very long legs. They must had thought I was a coconut since the car had carnauba wax. I just remembered I panicked while giving them my one thousand smacking palm stance. Bruce Lee would have been proud :)

·
Premium Member
17,248 Posts
^^ :giggle: I am sure at that very moment you executed your move Bruce Lee smiled from the heavens above.

• Haha
Reactions: Sakura

·
Registered
234 Posts

I go between NYC and South Florida. I would don't think I would drive an exotic in NY for fear that someone would try to grab my watch, spit on me, etc etc because of the tension in the country right now.

I live in Manhattan and haven't really had any issues. Only issue one time was coming back over the Lincoln tunnel and a group of guys who hang out there (usually drunk) came over to the car. Wife was in the passenger seat so I was a little wary but I just had a conversation with them at the red light and drove off.

·
Registered
2022 Blu Cepheus Urus
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
I live in Manhattan and haven't really had any issues. Only issue one time was coming back over the Lincoln tunnel and a group of guys who hang out there (usually drunk) came over to the car. Wife was in the passenger seat so I was a little wary but I just had a conversation with them at the red light and drove off.
Thats good to know. I have thought about bringing one of my cars from FL to the city. After two motorcycles stolen and random sideswipes on other cars, a little hesitant.
Curious-what is your monthly rate for parking in the city. I have a motorcycle that is $325 per month and a work truck that is $800 per month in Manhattan. I'd have to imagine you get the "Exotic / Luxury Fee" that doubles the cost.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thats good to know. I have thought about bringing one of my cars from FL to the city. After two motorcycles stolen and random sideswipes on other cars, a little hesitant.
Curious-what is your monthly rate for parking in the city. I have a motorcycle that is $325 per month and a work truck $800 that is $800 per month in Manhattan. I'd have to imagine you get the "Exotic / Luxury Fee" that doubles the cost.
I park at the Paddock and it comes out to around 900 after tax a month which is a pretty good deal considering there are lots for normal cars that cost that much a month. They are great and I highly recommend them.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Curious-what is your monthly rate for parking in the city. I have a motorcycle that is $325 per month and a work truck $800 that is $800 per month in Manhattan. I'd have to imagine you get the "Exotic / Luxury Fee" that doubles the cost.
If you ever bring your car to Tokyo, it is minimum $1500 per month to park in Tokyo Ginza Six. So expensive for just a tiny space.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,936 Posts
Lots of gawkers but never any bad issues. (Seattle, Portland, smaller cities in PNW). Homeless guy every now and then at lights but I make small talk, smile and drive on. These cars are respected more than I thought they would be at first.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts