Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a slow day, and I just felt like getting this off my chest:

Yes, I like the look of the pre-LP Gallardo front bumper. It seems like I am all alone in this opinion - and I totally support people doing whatever they want to their own cars. But one of the first things everyone seems to do with their preLP cars is change the front bumper to an LP one, and I think in the long term, it is a mistake.

I was trying to think of an analogy, and I think a good one is to compare the early Countach to the later ones, where everything by the end had been made more aggressive, with extra rakes and lines and vents and etc all over it. They both look cool -- but the originals were cleaner designs, and to my eye now, look better than the later ones.

In my opinion: in 10-15 years, the original Gallardo design will age really well, and buyers will wonder why everyone swapped them out for other later versions, and they'll seek out unmodified, original ones.

There, I said it and now I feel better. :D

·
Registered
3,687 Posts

Yes, I like the look of the pre-LP Gallardo front bumper. It seems like I am all alone in this opinion - and I totally support people doing whatever they want to their own cars. But one of the first things everyone seems to do with their preLP cars is change the front bumper to an LP one, and I think in the long term, it is a mistake.

I was trying to think of an analogy, and I think a good one is to compare the early Countach to the later ones, where everything by the end had been made more aggressive, with extra rakes and lines and vents and etc all over it. They both look cool -- but the originals were cleaner designs, and to my eye now, look better than the later ones.

In my opinion: in 10-15 years, the original Gallardo design will age really well, and buyers will wonder why everyone swapped them out for other later versions, and they'll seek out unmodified, original ones.

Would not change out a Pre LP bumper either. I like the look also and prefered that bumper early on. But, I have an LP now and equally like the look. Each attractive and perfect in their own way.

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo Coupe E-Gear Giallo Midas
49 Posts
Same goes for me, personally (!), i am not a fan of changing the way the car was delivered OEM to make it look like something newer. But of course i also do respect if someone uses a bumper upgrade to change it more in a direction that she or he likes :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
You’re not alone, One of the reasons I purposely chose a pre LP Gallardo even though I could have gotten an LP was because I prefer the styling of the pre LP bumper and back end a lot more. I think it has aged so much better and is already a modern day classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,868 Posts
The front bumper of the pre LP was fine, but that’s not what I loved about mine, it was the sound!

Reactions: YellowLP500

·
Registered
209 Posts
While I don't dislike the pre-LP front bumper, I actually think the styling of the LP front bumper is a better fit to the style of the rest of the car, the angular vents, the side mirrors, the jagged and aggressive body lines...brings out the aggressive styling of the Gallardo better in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,083 Posts

Agree with everything you said!!! And LaughingMan, Russ, Tomaso, Yellow....

·
Registered
156 Posts
Totally agree...for me it’s cleaner and as the designer intended..lots of dna to be seen!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I'm with you too! Never changing my front bumper to the LP style. BUT I DO like the LP bumper a lot too. I just love how my Pre-LP looks and don't want to change it. I also like seeing the subtle evolution...the Pre-LP front bumper looks like the Murci bumper before it...a little nod to it's older V12 brother. I will say tho, I LOVE the final edition LP front and rear. If I ever got another (or a different) Gallardo, it would have to be the final edition. But I would never "upgrade" my pre-lp to those same bumpers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’m biased — I like the late-LP front bumper best out of all 3 options (pre LP, LP, and late LP).

The even firing sound can’t be beat though. And I kind of like the rear of the pre LP a bit better (but not with blacked out lenses, just red for me).

As an aside, if you’re only worried about resale are you really enjoying the car? I don’t make a living “investing” in depreciating assets like cars and if I’m spending the coin to buy and insure and maintain a Lambo I want to get the most fun out of it I can. Hence turbos, wheels, etc.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Great post. LOL.. I like the Pre LP front bumper but I love the LP version. That being said my Pre LP is all stock and I have no plans to change it but I do like the look of the LP bumper better. Seems to fit the car styling better.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I love the LP 570-4 Superleggera bumper. Having said that I would never put it on my Pre LP.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have a pre lp bumper if anyone wants it, it looks good but I changed mine to the lp570. Love the g just wanted the update, but needed the pre lp sound!

·
Registered
313 Posts

+1

I prefer the Pre-LP front bumper too (but I do prefer the LP taillights better)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,868 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
I personally prefer the LP560 front bumper out of all of them. The LP570 bumper is too long in the chin (top center) and extends the length of the hood too far.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I personally prefer the LP560 front bumper out of all of them. The LP570 bumper is too long in the chin (top center) and extends the length of the hood too far.
Agreed 100% about the LP570 bumper. It almost gives the front bumper an underbite sorta look to it (the rest of the car is awesome though). I'm a big fan of the LP550 bumper and final edition LP560 front/rear bumpers

·
Registered
736 Posts
Personally, I like the LP front bumper more than my preLP front bumper. I like the lip and slightly more pronounced angled design, but not the excessive ones.

However, I can't stand the rear end of the LPs. They look too Audi/R8ish. I don't like how it looks like it's smiling because of that one solid rear horizontal vent that's slightly curved, I prefer the separated look of the preLP so it doesn't look like a mouth. Also the curve bothers me, I'd prefer the straight horizontal line and angles of the preLP which more closely match the other angles of the car.

I was inspired though to add glossy black vinyl wrap by another poster on here to modernize the tail lights a bit, without it becoming a smiling face:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts