Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thanks to karc on the Board!! (posted this on another forum, But I thought I would post if here 1st ;) )

These are simply stunning photographs... :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Never noticed the bull is bigger than the shield. Is the shield always in black, i thought ive seen some with dark blue shield but im not sure :confused:

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
I think the water gives the illusion the bull is bigger, but it's not. I've never seen it in anything but black, but it would be simple to change it to any color desired

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Diablo4Ever said:
Is the shield always in black, i thought ive seen some with dark blue shield but im not sure :confused:
Funny you should ask that. I have been trying to buy 3 original dark blue replacements for my roadster but all I can get is black. The black ones are sharper around the edges etc. Best as I can guess is that the change occured somewhere around mid 1999. However, it seems as if they had both black and blue at one time and it was hit and miss as to what got on the car. I think by late 1999 everything was black.

raymondo said:
I've never seen it in anything but black, but it would be simple to change it to any color desired
The dark blue really looks black at any distance. Its kinda subtle. As for changing them, the one on the front hood is pretty easy but the two on the side pillars on roadsters are are bitch since they are epoxied or something on.

-mick

·
Registered
464 Posts
gday said:
Funny you should ask that. I have been trying to buy 3 original dark blue replacements for my roadster but all I can get is black. The black ones are sharper around the edges etc. Best as I can guess is that the change occured somewhere around mid 1999. However, it seems as if they had both black and blue at one time and it was hit and miss as to what got on the car. I think by late 1999 everything was black.

The dark blue really looks black at any distance. Its kinda subtle. As for changing them, the one on the front hood is pretty easy but the two on the side pillars on roadsters are are bitch since they are epoxied or something on.

-mick

Hello Mick

I just ordered 2 for the side of the roadster. It doesnt look fun to replace but I like my car to be perferct.
Is it very hard to do Mick? I dont want the leather to look lose after putting ot back.

Mick is correct in saying the badge is dark blue but looks black. The more sun exposure for more blue it gets.

·
Registered
323 Posts
This is a picture of a blue shield of a Diablo GT, 99 model so i think youre right about that gday. It still looks like the bull is bigger than the shield :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
sk90077 said:
Is it very hard to do Mick? I dont want the leather to look lose after putting ot back.
I'm not sure I understand the "leather" bit?? The ones I'm talking about are on the door pillar right behind the doors glass ie embedded in the panel/paint. I would strongly advise against removing them unless you have a very good reason. The front hood one is secured by two or three screws (depending on how the installer was feeling that day). But the side ones are not - they are just epoxied on and thus you risk taking paint with you on the removal.

-mick

PS The other subtle differences are that the bull and lettering on the dark blue ones are close to flush with the background but very slightly raised - you can feel the texture if you rub your fingers over it. The black ones have the lettering below the surface but the bull is noticably raised from the surface (my car and my badge collection is in the shop) :( :(

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
gday said:
I'm not sure I understand the "leather" bit??
I just figured out the leather bit... and thats the problem. Although the badges are the same and have three threaded lugs, the side ones ARE NOT normally secured by nuts (don't yell at me if yours are!). They are just epoxied as I wrote in my previous email.... be warned.

-mick

·
Registered
464 Posts
Thanks Mick

I yhought they had 3 prongs and they had to be screwed in. Ill find out and post the results.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts