Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday 1st June 2005
Ultimate Murcielago

Lamborghini has unveiled the all-new Murciélago SV, featuring the most powerful road engine the Italian firm has ever built. The heavily modified V12's capacity has grown from 6.2 to 6.5 litres, and with it power has leapt from 570bhp to 650bhp.

Four-wheel drive will continue to keep the stunning machine on the road, but a wider range of options will be offered to drivers looking to personalise their cars. Two highlights joining the list of extras are a clear engine cover and high-performance carbon ceramic brakes.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yessss!!! Finally, we'll be able to redeem Lamborghini's honor against that pesky Enzo. If 650 hp can't do it, I don't know what can (other than more horsepower, I guess).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is it gonna look any different than the old ones?
It is supposed to have some modifications in the front grill and spoiler and in the rear. Here are a couple spy shots with plastic over the mods.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any more info

Has this car's info been released to the web as yet? When is it due?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is this news definetly true. Shouldn't the SV be rear wheel drive only. Maybe 4WD as an option?
I have read on Lambocars.com that the if you want the 2wd there will be a release of a Murcielago GT-R that would have a limited production of 25 or so. I think 4wd is too much a part of Lamborghini for them now to build their flagship without it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
YES!!!!!
FINALLY!!!!!!
I always knew this day would come! wow! That is going to be one seriously stunning car. Has Lamborghini already had a press release, or is this just new circulating in the lambo community? If so, lets see some pictures of the road-ready car, not one on the test track covered in tape.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So what does the SV mean? Is this is a special car, like the ferrari challenge stradale? or is this how all new murcielagos will be produced. can you get a roadster SV, for example? Or is this make for mostly for the track?

·
Registered
40 Posts
SV is a rear wheel drive only.
My guess is that the newer Murcie will be available as an 4WD (VT), or as SV optional.
I wonder how big will the Ceramic brakes be... Maybe they should offer an option for 19'' wheels to be able to fit brakes the size of the Enzo, anything less just wouldn't be right.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
janus said:
SV is a rear wheel drive only.
I wonder how big will the Ceramic brakes be... Maybe they should offer an option for 19'' wheels to be able to fit brakes the size of the Enzo, anything less just wouldn't be right.
i think they will give the 19" as serie rims, as they do with the gallardo

·
Registered
40 Posts
emilio said:
i think they will give the 19" as serie rims, as they do with the gallardo
Really, that sounds fair to me... I guess that means even less need for aftermarket wheels(and that's a good thing in almost all cases).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts