Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Aventador SV / 2020 Huracan EVO RWD
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m not sure if this topic has been previously covered, but I wanted a more focused discussion from the experts here. How do we see prices for the S, SV, SVJ once the Ultimae is released? And for those still looking to invest in prior models , which of the above models (Coupes or Roadsters) would hold their value, best? Thanks

·
Registered
266 Posts
Rule 1. Buy a car if you like it and want it and will drive it.
Rule #2. Don’t buy something if you don’t fit criteria in rule #1.
Rule #3. If you are trying to buy one of these models to invest in I think the point of buying it is lost.

Pick which version you can’t live without and can afford. No one can tell you what you want.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
+1, all salient points. Cars as investment instruments is fraught with hazards but, to each their own. Good luck!

Reactions: azzurri

·
Administrator
4,014 Posts
OP-

Since you asked, I will give you my opinion. I think the Ultimae will have zero sway on the other models pricing. The cars right now are all selling high and I just don’t see it coming down any time soon. My guess is Ultimae will bring in $150-200k over msrp when delivered, and the other cars won’t get any cheaper.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In terms of what I really want is the SV roadster.. here’s what I could afford:
A. 2018 S Roadster 13k mi $490k
B. 2017 S Coupe 3k mi $450k
C. 2016 SV Coupe high miles/damage $485k
To Jr Mint’s point, which of these would hold up in value over next 2 years, and still satisfy the want for an Aventador?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,654 Posts
I vote B.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,062 Posts
I would think the roadster would hold up better due to more limited production.

·
Registered
380 Posts
In terms of what I really want is the SV roadster.. here’s what I could afford:
A. 2018 S Roadster 13k mi $490k
B. 2017 S Coupe 3k mi $450k
C. 2016 SV Coupe high miles/damage $485k
To Jr Mint’s point, which of these would hold up in value over next 2 years, and still satisfy the want for an Aventador?
really hard to say without miles/damage on the sv. A and B are likely a draw as they made far fewer roadsters and they really transform the driving experience

·
Registered
266 Posts
Does the OP care if coupe vs roadster? This seems relevant before anything else.
Does the OP really want an SV? It’s different so how bad do you want?
All of these are surely better than some other cars out there so I’m not sure there is really a proper answer.
Asking again but what do you really want?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
There are SV with 21k miles or other examples with minor damage. I just learned that the S Roadster also has minor damage.. hence the discounted rates on these two. Yet they have appreciated due to maker conditions. Will they hold up their values in the upper 4s or low 5s ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does the OP care if coupe vs roadster? This seems relevant before anything else.
Does the OP really want an SV? It’s different so how bad do you want?
All of these are surely better than some other cars out there so I’m not sure there is really a proper answer.
Asking again but what do you really want?
I really want the SV roadster. But anything within my price range of max 500k would be either high miles or with minor damage. Ideally I would look for a clean low miles example, but its out of reach..

·
Registered
266 Posts
I really want the SV roadster. But anything within my price range of max 500k would be either high miles or with minor damage. Ideally I would look for a clean low miles example, but its out of reach..
I think you just declared what you should get. Don’t look at anything else then. What’s the damage exactly? You may not be satisfied if you buy something else and will spend twice as much buying two cars over time.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
209 Posts
Why not consider Kratos's build, it looks better than most SV Roadsters, sounds better with the Brilliant exhaust, and has a tune to bring the HP up to or above the SV's stock rating? It's lacking the updated instrument cluster, but I've read that it's possible to swap them out. Yes, it's not a true SV, but no one is going to know the difference. Most people don't know the difference between the SVJ and LP700-4 ffs.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Why not consider Kratos's build, it looks better than most SV Roadsters, sounds better with the Brilliant exhaust, and has a tune to bring the HP up to or above the SV's stock rating? It's lacking the updated instrument cluster, but I've read that it's possible to swap them out. Yes, it's not a true SV, but no one is going to know the difference. Most people don't know the difference between the SVJ and LP700-4 ffs.
Is that one for sale?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As per carfax it’s minor damage. I understand it was cosmetic damage to the front left corner of the bumper. I’m trying to get a copy of the report. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for your valuable inputs..

·
Registered
266 Posts
As per carfax it’s minor damage. I understand it was cosmetic damage to the front left corner of the bumper. I’m trying to get a copy of the report. I will keep you all posted. Thanks for your valuable inputs..
If that’s true only and nothing more you have to think seriously about it. If not very substantial it could be a good find.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
There's a lot SVJ's sitting around and not selling. Yes, it's winter but it'll be interesting to see what happens with Ultimae price and with the Aventador replacement around the corner and the fact it still has a V12 might dampen the crazy prices in the Aventador market.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts