Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Btw, is it just me, or is that Maser kind of pretty for a SUV?

Edit: Guess it is just me then. Hehe.
Not just you. I do like the design... though I hate the idea of it.

Kinda reminds me of a Infiniti FX.

·
Registered
17 Posts
One can only hope that VW has the brains and balls to step in well before anything that bad even gets into development, and presumably any alliance with an American or outside-VW auto-maker would have to be processed through VW anyway.

·
Registered
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
The Cayenne saved Porsche, it became one of their greatest selling models ever. If it weren't for the Cayenne who knows what sort of Porsche's we'd be looking at today and who would have a controlling interest in them.

I personally completely understand Maserati (ie; Fiat's) plan here. They already have the upper levels of exotic cars well covered with Ferrari. If they develop Maserati into a "mid-market" product line they can directly compete with Porsche for customers. if i had my choice, I would prefer to see Maserati's driving around in larger number and see less Porsches. I'll work on Maseratis of any sort, couldn't care less about most Porsches though.

As for Lamborghini making less exotic cars, the 350/400GT (their first cars) were fully intended to be comfortable but very high performance Grand Touring cars. I think the Estoque is the most "proper" Lamborghini to exist in quite some time.

The Lamborghini LM002 is one of the coolest creations to come from Lambo (IMO), and it happened because of it's involvement with Chrysler. There's no way Lambo could pull it off again, they couldn't get away with building such a massive and brutal vehicle these days. Anything they would do would be a shadow of the LM002 and a disappointment.

As for the Estoque, I would be fine with driving one every day, and my Aventador (or next model) on the weekends for real fun. I'm a big proponent for Brand loyalty.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
i think the comparison to the cayenne makes some sense. i also dont think it was so bad of an idea or a look until the detriot thing came to light. if you wanna make a maserati suv, then make a maserati suv. i used to hate the cayenne, but with these hummer woes i've had of late, i've been considering one, or a rover.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Range it up, Rich. Or, maybe a last hurrah G55?

Anyway, completely agree with Josh, AND Ray, and, well, all of you.

Also FYI, Alejandro (sp?) DeTomaso and the Biturbo saved Maserati in the 80's, but holy hell are they cryptonite to a Maserati aficionado, except for me. The TG guys say you are not a petrolhead unless you've owned an Alfa. I'd say you're not a Maserati head unless you've busted your hands and wallet with a Biturbo.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
How real(istic) is the Evoque though?

Somehow it seems like a concept which aimed for introduction
around the time the Panamera and the Rapide showed up, but
fell victim to the recession. I mean, by the time it would show
up for real, it could be me-too at best, and too-late at worst.

With the finances "hidden" under by the Audi umbrella, it is not
easy to tell where the Lamborghini R&D money is going for real.
You'd need to keep an eye on certain automotive suppliers. ;-)

·
Registered
959 Posts
You guys should see that hideous thing in person- looks like an X6 with some extra vents on it; didnt get me excited at all. But its just a concept (the interior isnt even finished), we'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
What bothers me about the newer SUVs is that many are just glorified station wagons or mini-vans. "Off road" capabilities are a joke.

I liked the original Hummer and LM because they were designed to be military vehicles 1st and converted into civilian cars. They are both serious off road machines with plush interiors.

I could bash SUVs for days, but I know a lot of people here own and love them. I would like to see some with hard core off road abilities and performance. A trophy truck with leather interior and a 700hp V12.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,291 Posts
how's that urus SUV going? bump old thread
Yes, and that ‘funny idea” has been a huge success. I would’ve never thought so.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, and that ‘funny idea” has been a huge success. I would’ve never thought so.
I have yet to see a bad review. Almost everything I read when it came out was "Huh..... This thing is way better than I expected."

From what I understand, they made a really fast and well thought out grocery-getter. I saw one at my local grocery store blending in with the rest of the heard.:D

From what I understand, it is a very good SUV. It is the exploitation of the brand by VW group that doesn't sit very well with me. I understand they are great for what they are, they sell like crazy, and they are probably doing great things for Lamborghini finances. I still like to make fun of them.;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts