Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Is your AWD permanently "defunct" now ?? How much longer for the project to complete ? Your car should wind up being a beast !!
Jake

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rampante said:
Is your AWD permanently "defunct" now ?? How much longer for the project to complete ? Your car should wind up being a beast !!
Jake
I'm sure it will dis-connected until the final completition dyno is run.
That is 2-3 months out. it will take 2 months for the new clutch to be designed/made.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Great Video Wayne Please keep us all posted. By the way, Where have you been hiding JR????

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Large?
This engine is small compared with a Countach engine!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Wayne that is insane! That is a great picture! I sure hope they labeled all the bags of bolts for you!! :D Just kidding. I can't wait to see the completed project. Keep the great pictures coming!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
detour_racing said:
Wayne that is insane! That is a great picture! I sure hope they labeled all the bags of bolts for you!! :D Just kidding. I can't wait to see the completed project. Keep the great pictures coming!!
He did request a shop manual for putting it back together!
I've ordered a disc from Chris at Lamborghini Atlanta.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gallardo turbo update

Not much to report. Steel sleeves and torque plates
being made for the engine. Jason said about 60 % of my cylinders badly scored. No particular pattern just random. He was wondering how long
these aluminum cylinder walls would have lasted anyway? They will be good after he is done.

The clutch is being designed. It will be 3 disc carbon no Kevlar.
The manufacturer says Kevlar is not turning out to be the
wonder material as everyone initally thought.
I don't have the price yet but I'll probably get a group of extras made.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hi Wayne, thanks for the update!

Are the "torque plates" you refer to the same type as used on American Race Engine to stress & set the block for cylinder boring/honing?

Let me throw out something about "modern" Aluminum Liners...they are likely an Alum. Silicon Alloy derivitive such as those used as far back as early 928 Porsches (80's) and should have amazingly good wear characteriscs if they follow in the footsteps of their predacesors.

Very interesting note about Kevlar, all info you can share would be appreciated.

Keep us in the Loop whenever you can as this is exremely interesting!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
YellowMurci said:
what is this whole thing going to cost you?
I won't know until we are done. I've known Jason for some years so I'm
comfortable with his fairness. He wouldn't have tackled the project if
he didn't think more L car guys will follow my lead.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts