Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across a great priced used tubi exhaust system to replace my fab speed cat back pipes. I'm keeping my fabsoeed test/cat delete pipes on the car. My question is, would you get a great priced tubi or wait for a loc system to come along. I've had my mind set on loc but I found a great deal. What would you guys do? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Im a younger guy and have always preferred a loud car, I want to hear the roar of that exotic engine and I have always found that Tubi is a good mid range exhaust, not too crazy or obnoxious. I couldn't get the Tubi off my 360 fast enough because it was too tame, and now have one on my G and am going to try test pipes to see if I like the sound, if not I will change it all out to something louder. Since you have test pipes I think you will be happy with a cheap Tubi but I wont know till I put mine on and youtube videos are too unreliable.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
I think LOC is better. Most of cost on the exhaust is in install. You also don't want to take the bumper off too often due to broken clips etc. I would do it when you find what you want, rather than putting something in because it is a good price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard that LOC is the best sounding as far as pitch and decibels but Ive heard a lot of other goods ones lately that sound very similar. Tubi being one of them. I could save almost 2k on this used Tubi system vs a new LOC system. Pretty big difference in price and from what I can tell, they sounds very similar.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really want the loc but the Tubi is like $700 for a system that cost almost 4K new. It's a steal of a deal. Do you guys know anyone who has a used LOC for sale or would be willing to sell?

Reactions: Colin099

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sound is everything for me.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I test supercars daily and your not on your own, I would say 80% are only interested in sound but if you saw the negative side of this you may think again.
Lean mixtures cause excessive engine heat and damage to the block, seals dry up sooner and on more than one occasion has been the major factor in Gallardo fires.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That sucks! So you recommend RSC? I have a cat delete and fabspeed straight pipes. There is just too much drone and not enough control of the sound. It sounds like a monster truck. I really wanted a nice tight f1 screaming sound. I've heard tubi and loc and they sound amazing. I want very loud but a controlled and tight loud. Open for suggestions.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't want you to think that all exhausts are bad and cause problems, I'm just saying that a fair amount of what people view as the "main brands" do not fuel correctly.
Your looking for 14.5:1 at tickover. 14.7:1 is perfection but the G mostly run 14.5:1 which is a touch rich (good thing).

This will richen up as you load the throttle with full throttle reaching between 11.7:1 and 12.4:1 which is very rich but not to the point where you could get "bore wash" (this is where excessive fuel descales the cylinder bore linings causing a loss of engine compression which is a VERY BAD THING)

Sound is good, we all love it and there is nothing like a G in a tunnel but the price has to be right, it can't come at cost of engine longevity.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
I test supercars daily and your not on your own, I would say 80% are only interested in sound but if you saw the negative side of this you may think again.
Lean mixtures cause excessive engine heat and damage to the block, seals dry up sooner and on more than one occasion has been the major factor in Gallardo fires.
I would strongly recommend a non performance upgrade to any lambo is to totally heat wrap the hot side of the exhaust system including the mufflers all the way to the exhaust tips.
This does wonders from my experience in reducing engine bay temperatures.
cheers,
john

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got ya. So other then RSC, who would you recommend?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would strongly recommend a non performance upgrade to any lambo is to totally heat wrap the hot side of the exhaust system including the mufflers all the way to the exhaust tips.
This does wonders from my experience in reducing engine bay temperatures.
cheers,
john
This is perfect advice and works a treat, it actually stops the "drone" nice and makes the car sound far more "F1 style".

As for exhausts, I have personally tested many systems and have found that only a couple actually fuel correctly and give good power. We tested the RSC in London on a 2005 Black Spyder at a Gumball3000 event and it made over 27hp and fuelled perfectly without the need for a software revision. it would be wrong of me to post about the ones we tested that didn't gain power.
I have a frequency intelligent system on mine and that needed a slight ecu tweak to make it perfect but gave over 30hp and 40Nm on my LP. it ran just a touch to lean which wouldn't have caused any issue but as its a simple fix I did it in an hour or so.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
This is perfect advice and works a treat, it actually stops the "drone" nice and makes the car sound far more "F1 style".

As for exhausts, I have personally tested many systems and have found that only a couple actually fuel correctly and give good power. We tested the RSC in London on a 2005 Black Spyder at a Gumball3000 event and it made over 27hp and fuelled perfectly without the need for a software revision. it would be wrong of me to post about the ones we tested that didn't gain power.
I have a frequency intelligent system on mine and that needed a slight ecu tweak to make it perfect but gave over 30hp and 40Nm on my LP. it ran just a touch to lean which wouldn't have caused any issue but as its a simple fix I did it in an hour or so.
Are your results based on a cat back exhaust alone? You still have stock cats on?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have fabspeed cat delete pipes on the car right now. I'm keeping those, just need the cat back replaced. I currently have fab speed straight pipes after my cat delete pipes. Just too much drone and no sound control. Sounds sloppy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The issue with most pre LP G's is cars with around 20,000 miles, is the cats can start to break up this can cause particles to be sucked back up the exhaust tract causing internal engine damage so check the condition of the cells carefully whilst the exhaust is off.This can also be done with a bore camera (endoscope) through the 20mm exhaust bungs sat behind the rear lambda probes. I've run both the Tubi GTR and the LOC exhaust and have to say LOC wins hands down for its higher pitched sound track..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts