Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I had my tubi fitted today by Manu at Scuderia. All I can say is that the exhaust sounds out of this world. I've pretty much modified every car ive had from M3's to Evo's, and obviously exhaust modification is run of the mill. I can say, hand on my heart that this is the best sounding systems I have ever put on a performance car. It sounds like a formula 1 car, and when under acceleration it is unbelievable. At idle/tickover it sounds so bad ass that you can't help yourself but blip the throttle and watch peoples neck snap. I'm sure PPP healthcover is going to get a shed load of claims for neck injury over the next few months with both James and myself running jet black gallardos with Tubi systems. All I can say is that if youve got a Gallardo and are thinking of an exhaust I highly recommend Tubi. As for the service I recieved from Manu and his technicians, it was second to none. He oversaw the whole job and knowing im a very ANAL customer, ensured the car was as pristine on return as it was on delivery. His tech guys knew there stuff and for £1650.00+vat and fitting I am extremely happy. Big Thanks to Manu at Scuderia and the techs at Verdi. I'll be back when the carbon bits arrive.

·
Registered
243 Posts
henrus said:
congratulations! sound/video clip, please. particularly from _within_ the care would be great. :D
Don't worry i plan on having some incar footage of both our cars and some serious throttle blipping from outside. Going to sounds amazing. I'll try and shoot a couple of different quality grade clips so people who don't mind the bigger downloads can have a better audio.

Jay/JRV, I'll give you guys a shout before uploading any large files. I don't want to mess up your relationship with your new hosts. We can always host the files on one of our own servers to save your bandwidth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Okay I'm a little confused... If you listened to the Lambo Kuwait Club clip, the guy had to get the car into the high rev range to make the Tubi sound, which on the Gallardo sounds like a 'WHINING' noice instead of a scream. A Lamborghini V10 is not a Ferrari V8 - the high pitched WHINE is fine on a F355, hell it's awesome on a F355, but just does not work on a Gallardo. They just doesn't sound the same. Having owned a F355, I had a Tubi on my BMW E46 M3 - same problem. A Lamborghini is a man's car. It deserves to sound meaty and aggressive ALL the way through the rev range.

Please tell the board how the service by these guys was second to none. We are all fascinated to know? A valet ain't enough I'm afraid. Personally I recommend Joe Macari Sports Cars who now employ Del Hopkins, ex. Lamborghini London Technical Manager.

·
Registered
243 Posts
RacerGeoff said:
A Lamborghini is a man's car. It deserves to sound meaty and aggressive ALL the way through the rev range.
Geoff, seriously ignore the clip from Kuwait, the sound quality was just too poor to do it justice. (no offence to the owner of the car and video, there was just too much wind noise)

I thought the same as you and was wavering between Tubi and Larini as a result of seeing that clip. Having heard the car in the flesh, so to speak, I'm totally convinced. Believe me when i say this car is definitely aggressive.

I'll leave it for Tony to comment on his dealings with the guys at Scuderia Systems, as hes the one with the first hand experience. My car isn't getting fitted until next week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still don't buy that I'm afraid. Wind noise - sure, but enough to drown out a Gallardo whizzing past at 100 mph? Have you heard any other Gallardo exhausts in the flesh to make a comparison?

Let's have some opinions guys, and enough of this 'wonderful Formula 1 sound nonsense'. Time for some facts.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I can give is my opinion. Which over the years having dealt with a shed load of manurfacturers, products and technicians on various cars is relatively well founded. The sound clips you hear on a computer audi system can only relay the frequency of the size of speaker/magnet of that system. These exhausts sound amazing on the car and suit it down to the ground. As for the service, these guys looked after my car extremely well. They portrayed the fact that they new it was my pride and joy and hence were very careful with the fitting and assembling of the exhaust. As well as this they turned the car around for me in a day knowing it was the only available time I could collect it. Thats my opionion and Im sure James agrees. I havent heard other systems, but thats because Im so happy with mine I dont feel I need to. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
RacerGeoff said:
Still don't buy that I'm afraid. Wind noise - sure, but enough to drown out a Gallardo whizzing past at 100 mph? Have you heard any other Gallardo exhausts in the flesh to make a comparison?

Isn't it strange that every sound clip on the internet of the Tubi Gallardo sound complete garbage. Me thinks branding aka. brainwashing is so powerful:)

Let's have some opinions guys, and enough of this 'wonderful Formula 1 sound nonsense'. Time for some facts.

YOWSER! That's a little aggressive. The guy is telling you it sounds amazing, what more do you want.
Me thinks it's pretty obvious you work for a rival ;)
Each to their own!

Good job Huge and James!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sauron - new member - no previous posts. Good afternoon Manu from Scuderia Systems! Welcome to Lamborgini-talk. Why don't you just sponsor the board instead of posing.

As I said on my previous post - let's have some genuine technical feedback ie. pics, stats etc. No salesman PLEASE!
I personally rate the Kreisegg, if that's worth anything ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
RacerGeoff said:
Sauron - new member - no previous posts. Good afternoon Manu from Scuderia Systems! Welcome to Lamborgini-talk. Why don't you just sponsor the board instead of posing.

As I said on my previous post - let's have some genuine technical feedback ie. pics, stats etc. No salesman PLEASE!
I personally rate the Kreisegg, if that's worth anything ;)

WTF??? I am not a poser or this "Manu" or anyone else other than a Lamborghini enthusiast (and former Ferrari owner actually). I am not plugging a product (which I cannot even own) or disparaging it. Just slightly amused by the level of aggression in your posts.
You are welcome to "rate" what you like. I couldn't really care about exhausts.

P.S. You had 3 posts before you came on this worthless debate. Goodbye.

·
Registered
13 Posts
WOW a heated debate!
I think Sauron needs to calm down. We are not Ferrari owners and we appreciate fact rather than fiction.
If you read the post back carefully Racergeoff was making a request for no more bulls**** with exhausts, just clear reviews, that what we all want right?
After all is that what this chat board was created for? To react badly to that proves you don't understand the spirit of the internet Sauron.
Personally I find an aggresive debate refeshing and benefical to the Lamborghini-talk. It is what the internet was made for. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Wow, you pop out of the office for a few hours and look what happens while your away.

I'm not sure i can speak for Huge really but neither him nor I are that technically knowledgeable when it comes to the mechanics of the various exhaust systems out there. The thread was started more out of enthusiasm for the product and car than anything else. I'm sure there are more advanced products out there in the market and I'm also sure there are better sounding ones. At the end of the day he and i were merely stating an opinion on how his car now sounds. Sound clips or not, its not hype. the exhaust sounds great to both of us and many other owners out there. I really don't think this is a "heated debate" as there is nothing to debate. He was not claiming to have superior understanding of the market place, merely sharing his new found enjoyment of what is a great car.

James

[if i had a suspicious mind i would think that some people posting on this forum today might have other agendas on their mind, beyond selling exhausts. Stop wasting Jays bandwidth guys, you've got a place of your own to hang out after school now :)]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tuneful tinkering!

James, sounds like you're having lots of fun in your Gallardo - I'm looking forward to hearing a clip. I never played with the exhaust on my Murcielago, it would have been interesting I suspect!

It's a shame that expressing delight over something, such as your obvious pleasure with your new exhaust and the 'customer experience' you received, is leapt on so quickly. I think it's great you're happy - you have the car, you know what you're talking about and I, for one, am happy to read your opinions.

Whilst this is not the thread to mention other marques, I did have Aston tinker with my Vanquish exhaust - wow! We should find the time to put yours and mine in a tunnel somewhere (you'll need to give me a head start) it would be a delicious sound....

All the best. N

·
Registered
243 Posts
Long time no speak! Actually this thread was started by a good friend of mine (Huge) who also has a black Gallardo. We ordered the exhausts at the same time, his was fitted this week and mine next week.

Cant really understand people jumping on his comments, as you say he was only sharing his positive experiences. When people join a forum and after only 2-3 posts are getting openly aggressive i always suspect an ulterior motive. Rival manufacturers, and even rival web sites have been known to stoop to such tactics..... ;)

Hows life with Aston treating you these days??? Drop me an email, i might be heading up your way late October, early November for some business.

·
Registered
243 Posts
RacerGeoff said:
So if you praise something you don't have an ulterior motive, but if you question something you do?
There was nothing to question. He wasn't saying "go buy a Tubi exhaust". All he said was how great "he" felt it sounded over the standard unit. How is that an ulterior motive? Seriously do you think a guy that drives a £120k car needs to sell exhausts on the side???? I was merely raising some suspicions over newcomers who have no profile or history on this site, and start slating other members comments from the get go.

All blown out of proportion IMO, but then i suspect that was the whole idea in the first place to be honest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
James,

Right so by your logic, expressing a different opinion is wrong?

why do you keep making irrelevant points. No one is questioning your integretity/lifestyle/motives. Your taking this very personally. Lets all agree to be nice guys.....

·
Registered
243 Posts
RacerGeoff said:
James,

Right so by your logic, expressing a different opinion is wrong?

why do you keep making irrelevant points. No one is questioning your integretity/lifestyle/motives. Your taking this very personally. Lets all agree to be nice guys.....
Im totally calm mate, the comments werent even made by me, i was trying and seemingly failing, to put across a friend on mines views.

As i said above all blown out of proportion. End of story.....Tubi still rocks though IMHO :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Opinions...

Racer, I just think that if you say that someones' opinions are possibly the result of 'brainwashing' and go on to say 'enough of this nonsense' ... 'let's have some facts' etc it would be regarded, even by the most casual observer, as being rather impolite and possible aggressive. Clearly how an exhaust 'sounds' is a matter of personal taste, I think the F40 with a straight through system sounds pretty cool, the Carrera GT would be tough to beat, my Vanquish is a yummy sound and I'm sure Huge's system sounds wonderful.

I certainly have some strong opinions on many subjects, however I try very hard not to trample on the views of others - it just looks rather arrogant and bigoted. I am sure you are neither, however perhaps you can see my point.

James, I have sent you an email. The Vanquish is going great and I'm struggling to resist the 520S version which is just out. I'm busy measuring my garages for another purchase - more on that another time perhaps!

N

1 - 20 of 22 Posts