Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to Milano at the end of february (maybe end of march) and do offcourse dream of a visit to Lamborghini. If I`m right, Sant`Agata isnt far from Milano, so Im pretty sure I`ll doing this...

But, is Lamborghini open for puplic any days? Or do I have to call them and arrange something? Do they have guided tours daily or is it as mentioned above something I have to arrange before I come?

*VERY exited!! A dream come true* :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
if you are an owner, a dealer may help to arrange a visit. My dealer is helping with my visit next year. I think you'll need to arrange it beforehand.

:)

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
It's probably a 2 hour drive from Milan to Sant' Agata. I personally think its worth the trip for any Lamborghini fanatic. Make sure you make your arrangements here before you go.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a fan at the moment

Not a owner yet... Too young and still short with the CASH ;)

Here in Norway, Lambos are very rare... I have only seen one in person 5 or 6 times. So this is REALLY big to me.

I better check out someone to contact down there, so the arrangement is done before I leave to Milano.

And a two hour trip is peanuts... Its worth walking from Milano to Sant`Agata for this!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
>>And a two hour trip is peanuts... Its worth walking from Milano to Sant`Agata for this!<<

Many Guys here can help you "get connected" and make your dream come true!!! Do your Homework, and if you fail to find resolution, bring it to The Communities Attention and I think doors can be opened!

;)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanx! :)

I`ll try to find some phonenumbers today, and make some calls...

Maybe I`ll come here crying for help later ;) :eek:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just talked to a one at Lamborghini and was told to call back on monday! Very nice man by the way... Maybe its because he sees Lambos every day! ;) I know I would be smiling if I was working there. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good luck arranging your visit to the factory. I didn't manage to get in despite having ordered a Gallardo! Normally you have to speak to your Lambo dealer, who then speaks to the factory. When I did this, (late 2003) I was told that Lambo was not doing any factory visits or tours at all due to "factory re-organising".
My dealer suggested just travelling to Italy and phoning the factory when I got there, explaining to them that I was about to be a new owner. So off I went! (I'd planned to go anyway, to see the Ferrari, Zonda, Maserati and Ducati factories, which are all quite close to the Lambo factory).
I duly phoned the factory from Bologna, but they wouldn't let me in (despite me calling the London dealer and getting them to appeal to the factory).
So I went to see the Lambo museum located at the factory. It's small but quite interesting (especially the very first Countach ever made - beautifully pure lines). The best bit is that there are huge floor to ceiling windows in the museum so you can look down onto the factory production lines and see the cars being made. Fascinating - I now know why it takes so long to make the cars - talk about a leisurely working pace!
Anyway, hope ypou have better luck than me - perhaps these days it is easier to get in.
Regards
William

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks

Im exited and looking forward to monday. I dont expect to be guided around inside the factory (but it would be a heck of a bonus!) The museum is just as interesting.

*Hoping for a jackpot (see-it-all)* :wave:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
museum

i live near S.Agata ( about 50 kms) and i can tell you that the bulding is very impressive , the museum is beautiful and there are so many interesting cars: an early green countach lp 400 ( i believe is the 3rd prototipe), the last anniversry( a silver one never been used), the diablo roadster prototipe , lm 002, and much more...
near the factory you can see many lambo's in test drive , last weeck i have seen a yellow murci and and 3 gallardos
the murci was back to me for 1 km and tried to pass me but i am a too fast driver and it changed road.....and i was driving a citroen 1.4 diesel
:evil:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hehe...

Do you know if its possible to take a bus from Milano? I heard that its possible taking the train, but the station is a bit far from Sant`Agata...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just talked to a woman at Lamborghini, and guided tours in the museum is not a problem of course, but the factory tour was not unexpected harder to arrange... Thats because they at the moment didnt know if it was something unofficial in production in march. ;) But I was told to send a letter to her in february, so I just have to wait for a final descition.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
diablosv said:
hehe...

Do you know if its possible to take a bus from Milano? I heard that its possible taking the train, but the station is a bit far from Sant`Agata...
i think is better you take the train from Milano to Bologna and a bus from Bologna to S.Agata :wave:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

Talked to a woman at Lamborghini today, I GOT A YES!!! Me and my class will be taken around inside the factory and museum april 14th!!

She said it was exceptional, and from this day I LOVE that woman!! I am going to name my first born Christina!!!

I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!!

I look like this now: :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good stuff! You'll love it. I went whilst in Italy last year. It was unbelievable. I was very lucky. We emailed Christina before we left Australia and she told us that it would be unlikely to get into the factory. So we went to just see the museum. When we got there Christina gave us a guided tour around the museum and then asked if we would like to join a tour group that had organize a factory tour. I couldn't believe my ears. Turned out that a group of Americans had come to Italy to attend the Grand Prix and they visit some of the car factories while there. Also got to meet Phil Hill as he was a special guest on the tour. As you can imagine I didn't sleep much that night :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
If they allow you to bring in a camera, please take pictures and post them here. I think everyone would be interested.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pictures WILL be taken, NO doubt!

My Panasonic Lumix are ready to get HOT!

Its still hard too belive this... Fantastic!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Why not also go to that other Lamborghini museum?

Tonino Lamborghini's museum in Dosso (not so far from Sant'Agata) is also absolutely worth a visit.
Recently they've added a mock-up 350 GTV to their collection.

Address-details can be found at www.lamborghiniregistry.com

1 - 20 of 24 Posts