Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Yellow Lamborghini Gallrado
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share,

Bought my Gallardo in Tulsa Oklahoma and had it ship to me in Pennsylvanian. Great company I used was Passport Transport.
Nice to deal with and good enclosed trailers with lifts so you don't have to worry about that nose rub ;)
They are used to dealing with higher end cars.
Ran me around $1300

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good to hear!

Just had a horrible experience shipping mine using Marvel Auto Transport. Paid 1800 took 2 weeks and I paid for the "expedited" service. The driver had to work things around on his end (Marvel is just a broker) and helped me out big time, I was leaving for a week and Marvel had put on the shipper that they could deliver up to two days after I had already left. Ended up picking the car up at midnight and flying out that same morning at 6 am...

Wont use them again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear!

Just had a horrible experience shipping mine using Marvel Auto Transport. Paid 1800 took 2 weeks and I paid for the "expedited" service. The driver had to work things around on his end (Marvel is just a broker) and helped me out big time, I was leaving for a week and Marvel had put on the shipper that they could deliver up to two days after I had already left. Ended up picking the car up at midnight and flying out that same morning at 6 am...

Wont use them again.
Ah sorry, that would be a horrible feeling... You are excited to be getting a Lamborghini and the shipping company is putting a whole damper on that.

One other thing passport transport had a gps tracking on the truck so you could watch its move to you. Yes, pretty much watched it 24/7 and was dying whenever the driver would stop to pee :ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dellambo- Looks like you got a good deal and found good transporter. I was getting quotes from Ohio to Florida between $1400 - 1800 for my Gallardo and some didn't offer any GPS tracking. I feel like its always a hit or miss with transport companies. I've heard some scary stories. I opted instead to just drive down with some friends and an enclosed trailer and brought mine home just 2 weeks ago.

Congrats on the new Gallardo as well man!

·
Registered
177 Posts
congrats on the new Lambo. Always a great feeling when it's delivery day. Especially when friends think you're getting something else they guessed and you string them along.... haahaa.... all you get is the pleasure to record the face they make when they realize you just played them like a violin. 🤣 (y)

·
Registered
73 Posts
When shipping high end vehicles, make absolutely sure that the transport vehicle (truck or trailer) has auxiliary access doors on the side to allow the driver to properly enter and exit your vehicle.

You would be surprised how many transport companies have their drivers climb through the windows of vehicles to load and unload. There will be damage done to leather, chrome, carbon etc and the transport company will most likely deny it was them.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,535 Posts
@Dellambo, how long they take from pick-up to delivery?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Dellambo, how long they take from pick-up to delivery?
It took about 10 days total from the phone call to them to the time of delivery, not too bad. I didn't pay extra for expedience delivery or anything so it was just when they could get it done. Still felt like an eternity waiting haha.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
It took about 10 days total from the phone call to them to the time of delivery, not too bad. I didn't pay extra for expedience delivery or anything so it was just when they could get it done. Still felt like an eternity waiting haha.
Not bad but 10 days...........I am not that patient. :giggle:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I only use Passport, Plycar, or horseless carriage. DO NOT use ultimate transport 123 or Go 2 auto transport. I contracted with ultimate transport 123 for haul my 488 spider and the sublet it out to Go 2 auto transport. The car was damaged $15,000 worth and both companies did not accept responsibility. The car had pics taken prior and during loading and when still on the tailgate ramp showing damage. The bill of lading was altered. My insurance company took care of the Ferrari but now they are sueing to get their money back. Go to the website and look at reviews and the pics are there, Do Not use either one of them.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I second Plycar. Have used them several times, always with great results. Their GPS tracking system is awesome.

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
I use Matt Chestnut from the Lamborghini dealership and he has a nice new beautiful rig, transports one car at time only, takes two day from NC to TX, and he is very sharp. It costs a little more but the old adage applies.........you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
Lambo
100 Posts
I use Matt Chestnut from the Lamborghini dealership and he has a nice new beautiful rig, transports one car at time only, takes two day from NC to TX, and he is very sharp. It costs a little more but the old adage applies.........you get what you pay for.
Do you have his contact info?

·
Premium Member
6,535 Posts
Here you go my friend, Matt's number is 1 (704) 868-6546. He has a side door on his rig so no window entry and exit needed. I hate rigs without a side door.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts