Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Vendor
1,701 Posts
You guys should not skip getting the under tray. The under tray provides a layer of protection against heat. Without the under tray, your engine bonnet might warp, specilly a carbon fiber bonnet. Carbon fiber can not usually sustain a lot of heat. Of course, this really depends on what kind of resin was used in making the carbon fiber and how it was made. You also don't want to save weight if it results in warping your engine bonnet.

The clear engine bonnet also has less air vent than a regular engine bonnet. Consequently it's going to be hotter under the bonnet. This used to happen to Diablo roadster engine bonnet. It had less air vents than a coupe bonnet so a lot of customer's engine bonnets were warped.

Since there is a group buy and Glen is offering a great price, an OEM complete kit is only approximately $1,000 more(may be $500). If I were you guys, I would go with an OEM which comes with an under tray.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hey JC,

thank you. Which way you go? I am looking toward aftermarket with OEM glass, no wing mechanism, no under cover. :)
I will be going OEM all the way including glass and undertray. Not sure if I will
have it painted black or the body color (gaillo midas); I do like the
fixed wing though but not ready for it yet.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I will be going OEM all the way including glass and undertray. Not sure if I will
have it painted black or the body color (gaillo midas); I do like the
fixed wing though but not ready for it yet.
Now I can't decide whether to go full OEM or aftermarket after reading some valuable comments and owners' experiences. :confused: Haha!

You have a PM!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Good points. Does the superleggera come with an under tray from the factory?

You guys should not skip getting the under tray. The under tray provides a layer of protection against heat. Without the under tray, your engine bonnet might warp, specilly a carbon fiber bonnet. Carbon fiber can not usually sustain a lot of heat. Of course, this really depends on what kind of resin was used in making the carbon fiber and how it was made. You also don't want to save weight if it results in warping your engine bonnet.

The clear engine bonnet also has less air vent than a regular engine bonnet. Consequently it's going to be hotter under the bonnet. This used to happen to Diablo roadster engine bonnet. It had less air vents than a coupe bonnet so a lot of customer's engine bonnets were warped.

Since there is a group buy and Glen is offering a great price, an OEM complete kit is only approximately $1,000 more(may be $500). If I were you guys, I would go with an OEM which comes with an under tray.

·
Vendor
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Glen,

Doesn't seem to me a group buy discount here. Come on, we expect a better pricing from you. :D
This is better prcing than what Ravill received buying direct! He has $5025.00 in it before the $200.00 shipping charge. I am at $4475.00 for the exact same pieces before shipping. I thought saving $550.00 was pretty good IMO. As of right now, we have a couple wanting aftermarket and a couple wanting OEM. The group buy I offered was for the OEM complete version if we could get five buyers on it.

So far: :eek:

Paintable Carbon fiber bonnet: $2995

Lamborghini glass: $670

L vent and R vent: $680 each

I'm stoked to help input into our collective knowledge base!

1st-3rd pics: There is a torx 25 screw on the rear portion of the wing. I had to undo the bolts of the wing drive mechanism so I could just pry the wing off of the back of the louvered bonnet to get my torx driver to the screw

4th-5th: A closer look at the end portion of the wing drive mechanism

·
Vendor
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Glen,

Doesn't seem to me a group buy discount here. Come on, we expect a better pricing from you. :D
As soon as Jason gets with me on the shipping charges on the lid I will break down charges to your door. Hopefully answers come in the morning.

·
Registered
955 Posts
As soon as Jason gets with me on the shipping charges on the lid I will break down charges to your door. Hopefully answers come in the morning.
Hey Glen,

Email me a break down cost of the individual part and its accessories with ECONOMY shipping. These are neccessary for me to make sure all items are in to complete the conversions bcoz I am very far away from you. :)

·
Vendor
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just sent you an email, let me know if that works. The only other shipping we can do is if you can set something up for a pickup that is cheaper.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts