Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rented an Aventador to try for a week and at the very first signal I came to I stopped and sat there for a few seconds and the car suddenly went into Neutral. I couldn't get it to shift back into first so turned the engine off; turned it back on after about 2 or 3 minutes (sitting at a stoplight and now moving when it is green, especially in a Lambo) was more than embarrassing. Needless to say I did read one comment by someone who said that the car will go into Neutral after 7 seconds of sitting in 1st gear. Is this correct and how to you manage this? I have rented an SVJ for a week soon and desire to know how to handle it when the time comes.... Thanks....

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I rented an Aventador to try for a week and at the very first signal I came to I stopped and sat there for a few seconds and the car suddenly went into Neutral. I couldn't get it to shift back into first so turned the engine off; turned it back on after about 2 or 3 minutes (sitting at a stoplight and now moving when it is green, especially in a Lambo) was more than embarrassing. Needless to say I did read one comment by someone who said that the car will go into Neutral after 7 seconds of sitting in 1st gear. Is this correct and how to you manage this? I have rented an SVJ for a week soon and desire to know how to handle it when the time comes.... Thanks....
Not too sure if the Aventador is the same as a Murci egear, but my car used to do the same.

upon the advice of this forum, I do these two things

1.) if you’re going to stop in first gear, make sure the brake pedal is firmly pressed. If not my Murci will automatically go into neutral. In a few situations I could not get it out of neutral. Had to restart the car to get it into neutral.
2.) when you come to a stop, put the car into neutral. Then first when you want to go.

since I’ve been doing this, I’ve yet to see the car jump into neutral.

good luck!

·
Registered
2021 Lamborghini SVJ Roadster, 2020 Ranger Rover Velar SV, 2019 Audi RS 5
78 Posts
Agree with above. When car automatically drops into neutral, sometimes I need to take my foot off brake and re-brake for car to shift into first. It has been my experience that dropping into neutral when at a stop occurs more so after the car has been running for a while. This is my experience with the S and now SVJ.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Agree with above. Aventador uses a different transmission from the Murci, but it's still an automated manual, so it's best to drive it like a manual to preserve the transmission and clutch. So, always neutral when completely stopped.

This causes issues for some during stop and go because the clutches overheat from the constant slipping at the slow speeds. The more you know, the better it will operate!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The car drops into N if you stop for maybe a minute or less. Ie Traffic lights. On MY2013, you should be able to hear a beep tone when it drops into N. A message will pop up on dash informing you to step firmly on brakes to shift into 1st.

This was done to save the clutch from wear and tear.

To put it into 1st, simply step on the brake pedal firmly and pull the upshift paddle and you'll see 1st gear is selected. There is no need to restart the engine.

Usually I shift into N manually myself by pulling both up and downshift paddles simultaneously.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much LP700 Pilot. The 2015 that I was driving did exactly what you said. It dropped into N and it did make a beep tone when it did it letting me know. The sad part is that I contacted the rental company and they brought me a different car to drive as they couldn't explain it and tell me what to do. I appreciate everyones knowledge and advice on this issue. I can't tell you how much it has bothered me as to why this was occurring.. THANK YOU>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts