Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 LP640 Coupe
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing a transmission fluid change and when I pulled the transmission filter out, noticed these gummy rubber trapped in the screen. It feels like rubber gasket material...is this something to be alarmed about? I pulled almost all of it off not sure if I need a new filter.

TIA.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I can tell you that my filter was clean when I did its first fluid change from factory fluid at 10K miles. And it was clean again when I changed fluid at 20K miles.

That rubber had to come from somewhere, which is concerning from where. Did it seem like silicone? You can try heating to tell, since silicone is very heat resistant.

How many miles do you have? Any sign the transmission was taken apart before?

·
Registered
2009 LP640 Coupe
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can tell you that my filter was clean when I did its first fluid change from its factory fluid at 10K miles. And it was clean again when I changed fluid at 20K miles too.

That rubber had to come from somewhere, which is concerning from where. Did it seem like silicone? You can try heating it, since silicone is very heat resistant.
Stimy, how do I heat it up? It feels like either rubber gasket or black silicon. Very elastic. I bought the car a little over, eGear shifts perfectly.

Also is the filter opening with mesh suppose to point up or down? One YT video shows up but the filter shows "Alto-Up" on the outside which the mesh opening points down.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Stimy, how do I heat it up? It feels like either rubber gasket or black silicon. Very elastic. I bought the car a little over, eGear shifts perfectly.

Also is the filter opening with mesh suppose to point up or down? One YT video shows up but the filter shows "Alto-Up" on the outside which the mesh opening points down.
Just a lighter would do it. Sounds like silicone though. Maybe someone previously opened up the box or one of the access plates and was overly aggressive with silicone sealant.

Whatever you do, don't get it the wrong way around, or you will severely restrict the oil flow. I can't remember off the top of my head, but when you're under the car, you can put your finger in there to feel which way the fluid needs to flow.

I would bet some mechanics have put these in the wrong orientation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.