Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Also in my case I'm not having any Egear issues, mine just does the revving thing..
When it's revving but not moving forward while in gear, I would assume that your car has the same issue that I have.

Have you always shifted to neutral before you rev the throttle manually?
Next time, try to rev manually while it's doing that in gear 1 ... I am pretty confident your car will rev into nowhere, without moving an inch, acting as if it was in neutral.

I am determined to catch it on video today ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think that the revving is too "perfect" to be the throttle bodies - the time between the revs is always the same,
the revs always have the same duration/rpm, and they are sharp and crisp. Its nowhere near a "rough idle".

So before checking the throttle bodies, I will try pulling the drive by wire plug - hopefully today.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When it's revving but not moving forward while in gear, I would assume that your car has the same issue that I have.

Have you always shifted to neutral before you rev the throttle manually?
Next time, try to rev manually while it's doing that in gear 1 ... I am pretty confident your car will rev into nowhere, without moving an inch.
The few times it's done it I have always been at a stop and not in neutral but foot on the brake. Each time it I've put it in neutral and blipped the throttle once and it immediately stops. When I put it in neutral it's not revving any higher than it already is (around 2500 rpm's) If it would do it when I'm ready for it then I would experiment a little with it but so far it only does it when I least expect it and usually at a stop when there's cars behind me preventing me from sitting there 30 seconds or more noticing all the intricacies of the anomaly. I have found though that if I drive around with my phone ready to record video it never does it so maybe I'll just bolt a spare phone to the steering column pointed at the instrument cluster and never have the problem again...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Haha :) same here ... I think the problem is that we (subconsciously) drive differently when we have the camera ready and try to reproduce the issue. I wish I could remember how I was driving when it last happened. Maybe is a very specific shifting pattern that has to occur (f.ex. 4-3-2-1) at a very specific speed?

EDIT: I recall this once happened in Auto mode as well.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Very perplexing and tragic that it ruins the driving experience for you of a special car. Looks as well as go!

I know on my pre-LP 2006 manual, I loved the car, but dreaded the CEL coming up with the exhaust tube error more often than I liked.
One reason I switched to the LP, the other being same robust Audi-Lamborghini engine as in my RS6. Also better e-gear than my 2006 SE.

As other posters have suggested- throttle body 'problem' for the revs and electrical problem for e-gear - bad ground, short, who knows.

I would suggest buy latest rosstech-vcds cable with software and you can then log real time throttle body angles, MAF, oxygen sensor to see what is happening plus another 30 or so parameters real time. Note only can log 3 groups at a time.- see attached pic with example of the group of parameters you can run.

Note really designed for the LP, but ross-tech have advised can monitor the following parameters for the pre-LP:

Address: 01 Engine:03 ABS Brakes:09 Cent. Elect 11 Engine II:16 Steering wheel:17 Instruments:46 Central Conv.:54 Rear Spoiler

But suggest check with ross-tech that can read the above parameters for the pre-LP before you buy.

I just sit my laptop in the passenger seat secured with seatbelt with cable plugged into the OBDII port, set the parameters I want measured and then drive around or run a quarter mile, etc, to see what the engine is doing. Of course , better if you have a passenger running the laptop program for you.
https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html

Have your local club buy the ross-tech- vcds pro as can scan unlimited number of Vins, not only for the Lamborghini Gallardo, huracan, aventador but all other cars in the VAG group. Relatively cheap at US$599. I have upgraded to this.

If your local club wants to go for top of the line look at the professional kit. A bit pricier at US$899.
https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/vphn/

The ross tech auto scan might pick up faults causing this problem.

I know on my RS6, the ross-tech was picking up intermittent errors in the turbo system that the factory Audi system was not recording!

On my Gallardo, the ross-tech also picked up intermittent errors.

At least running real time scan, then when it happens again, you may see what is going on real time and it may help in solving the problem

just my two cents worth,
cheers,
john

ps I am not an agent for ross-tech or any connection with it other than a satisfied customer.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey! Try unplugging your battery for a few mins and plug it back again. Maybe an ecu or tcu is glitching. You would have to program the key to the ignition after but that's easy and does not take long.
Make sure when you unplug the battery, the car door is unlocked as the key will not unlock after till you reprogram. Good luck!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I have somehow tried to reproduce this error. In this video, its very moderate ... usually it revs in the same way - periodically - until 7000 rpm or so.

Interestingly, two errors came up - Solenoid Valve short circuit and Ignition Enabling Relay Driver short circuit :unsure:

·
Vendor
2,354 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
This is perplexing for sure. My gut says there's a problem with the throttle pedal/position sensor (particularly because of what you described as crazy sensitivity to touching the throttle while it was doing it, where it would shoot up to 7k with only a small throttle input), but that should throw a CEL like P2135 if it's outputting wacky voltages. That also doesn't explain why you never have issues while driving, only sitting at idle. I'd still start by replacing it just to rule that out, since it is so easy to do and only about $100 on eBay.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts