Lamborghini Talk banner

Trading in EVO RWD for Tecnica

1220 Views 34 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  LHP
Hi All,

I potentially have the opportunity to trade-in my 6 month old EVO RWD for a new factory built Tecnica.

Is it worth doing this? Or would I be spending more money on a car that is similar to mine?

I am waiting to hear what the cost of change could be
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
The only problem I see is that you lose money trading your car.The dealer will certainly require an additional payment from you.Other important thing will be the configuration of the other car-color, options,seats....You have to make comparison with your car,what are you losing and what you will gain in the end of this deal,it is worth it or maybe not.Also a little test drive isn't a bad idea either to get more insight
 

· Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was assuming between the inflated prices of used cars, the difference wouldn’t be as huge as that.
I have specced one up and it’s coming out around 235k pounds.
Not sure it if the difference in cars will be worth 40k then
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
If you have good relationship with your dealer 20-30k£ is optimistic option for brand new car like Tecnica.But really depends what the new car have as options,if it's high speced,the dealer may ask for more money
 

· Administrator
Joined
·
4,453 Posts
It depends on the cost of the Tecnica. Is it at sticker? For example...My Tecnica coming has an MSRP of around $270k and I sold my 22 EVO that had an MSRP of around $250k for $300k. So depending on the numbers, theoretically you could get the Tecnica cheaper.

Although, I think prices over there aren't like they are here so perhaps not.
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
1,296 Posts
Impossible to advise without the actual numbers, but would be fascinating to know. If you can arrange a deal like JrMint, it's a no brainer. If you have to give $20 -$30k or more out of pocket, I'd sit tight on what you have. Particularly if there is a year wait. Should have info on the replacement by then right?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rcasa20 and LHP

· Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Impossible to advise without the actual numbers, but would be fascinating to know. If you can arrange a deal like JrMint, it's a no brainer. If you have to give $20 -$30k or more out of pocket, I'd sit tight on what you have. Particularly if there is a year wait. Should have info on the replacement by then right?
I agree with you,but JRmint case was a little different.The situation in Europe and England is different too
 

· Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Impossible to advise without the actual numbers, but would be fascinating to know. If you can arrange a deal like JrMint, it's a no brainer. If you have to give $20 -$30k or more out of pocket, I'd sit tight on what you have. Particularly if there is a year wait. Should have info on the replacement by then right?
I have a March slot, as someone else pulled out, so hence why I am super keen, if the numbers work
 

· Premium Member
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
I was assuming between the inflated prices of used cars.
Sure if you sold on your own but dealer is not going to pay inflated. When you ask for higher prices they are going to tell you that they sold you the car at MSRP and are selling you new car at MSRP. Do you at least live in a State where trading in saves you a bunch in sales tax?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sure if you sold on your own but dealer is not going to pay inflated. When you ask for higher prices they are going to tell you that they sold you the car at MSRP and are selling you new car at MSRP. Do you at least live in a State where trading in saves you a bunch in sales tax?
I think they are selling it on my behalf rather then a trade in, as they want it in May in time to sell it for July when the new one comes
 

· Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
Joined
·
21,938 Posts
The simple answer is, do you like the Technica new design features enough to give up your RWD EVO and take a little hit? I had a similar opportunity but decided to just wait for the H replacement or an STO.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top