Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously thinking of trading in my 2001 6L Diablo for a new -gear Gallardo! Here is the situation.

The 6L Diablo is the 3rd I have had over the years. This weekend I got clipped by a hit and run driver and got the whole front end smashed into a road guard rail. Fortunately the main frame was not damaged, just the front bumper, lights, and about 20K worth of carbon fiber has to be replaced. My insurance company will cover it. What really concerns me is that this is the third time I have had a close shave in a Diablo. While I was not going fast (~45MPH, this time), after the hit, the car became difficult to control. The back end tends to kick out and the whole car try’s to go sideways. I hade the same experience before down in LA when I hit some water on the road. That time it aquaplaned and I ended up facing backwards on the highway facing on coming traffic. Also the same thing happened another time when I was on an open highway. I have been driving many cars over 30 years. In my C5 Corvette I never experience things like this. I am just getting tired and frustrated with the stability of these cars when they are not going in a straight line!

Anyway, after I get it fixed up I want to get rid of it. It's got 25K miles on it with the original clutch. I have many years of driving stick shifts and see no evidence of ware yet, but I assume it will come due one day. I am thinking of swapping it for a 2005 Gallardo with e-gear. What I like about that car is that it has ESP – stability control. This I assume will correct for yaw control in situations like the above. Have people seen it in action? What do Gallardo owners think of their cars stability in "potential spinout" situations? The Corvette has had it for some time and it can really make a difference. In general I would like to hear from owners that have driven Diablos and Gallardo’s and can compare the drive/stability characteristics of both cars.

Another question. Should I be prepared to trade in my car 6L at a dealer (or elsewhere) at a price below, at, or above the price of a new Gallardo with e-gear – after of course the above damage is repaired in full.

I have been even looking at the Ferrari F430. It too has stability control. Has anybody out there driven the F430 and Gallardo side by side for comparison?

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Let me know when you are ready, I got what ever you need.better car better price!!!!!!

Kind of sounds like PAPA JOHNS!!!!

BETTER INGREDIANTS...BETTER PIZZA.........

I have a great deal on a BRAND NEW 05 Silver Gallardo..look it up here..... :wave:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.