Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you guys don’t hate me for this thread, but after having my Grey 580-2 for a year I am thinking of trading it in for a McLaren 600LT Spider. The 600lt is a lime green color, loaded with carbon fiber everywhere, black wheels, and retractable top. Can you guys please help me decide if this would be a good move ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
From my recent experience it would be a bad move. Early this year I got the itch to get something new and started checking out some other cars, had already looked at a 720s and sure it's fast but unless you're driving the car that way it was kind of boring and had no sound. So I was thinking Spider and looked at a 600LT, liked it better than the 720s but still didnt do it for me, big reason was disliked the very sparse interior and lack of electronic. Also i had never owned a turbo car and felt some lag in it and didnt like that. Then found a Ferrari 488, loved the looks of it and color and when I test drove it found no lag, Ferrari did a great job with that motor. Bought it from day one was missing my Huracan and finally had enough of it and just traded it in for an Evo LP640 Spyder, car is an absolute blast and has amazing tech and electronics in it. I say stick with V10 till it's not an option

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
Agree with @Blu Bull, the V10 is hard to walk away from but there are a few McLaren owners on this forum that are happy with their cars. I assume you test drove said McLaren, your thoughts comparing it to the Huracan?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've owned a Mantis Green 570S Track Pack. My buddy has a Vega Blue 600LT.

I'd take a Huracan any day. Oh, and get a lawyer on retainer for the tickets. That green is a cop magnet.

Reactions: k3silk

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
I've owned a Mantis Green 570S Track Pack. My buddy has a Vega Blue 600LT.

I'd take a Huracan any day. Oh, and get a lawyer on retainer for the tickets. That green is a cop magnet.
That's funny Adam. Maybe OP can take the McLaren out under the cover of darkness to offset the color liability.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,506 Posts
Just from the stories I’ve heard about reliability and customer lack of service I’m turned off, but for fun and looks it might be worth a try. You might consider upgrading to the EVO RWD Spyder as I have done or I should say doing. Only YOU Can decide for you.

Reactions: AzusilApps

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's funny Adam. Maybe OP can take the McLaren out under the cover of darkness to offset the color liability.
LOL! I got 3 tickets in that car in 7 months! My lawyer is still waiting to fight two of them. Covid delays.

Just from the stories I’ve heard about reliability and customer lack of service I’m turned off, but for fun and looks it might be worth a try. You might consider upgrading to the EVO RWD Spyder as I have done or I should say doing. Only YOU Can decide for you.
Zero complaints with my 2019. The newer sport series are solid. 7,000 trouble free miles. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here is a picture of the said 600lt. I am not disagreeing with any of your comments, but the huracan has very little to no carbon fiber (except for the perf) and neither does it have scissor doors. I am mostly concerned with Performance and looks. So what in terms of electronics make the huracan more advanced, if anything?

Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
232 Posts
here is a picture of the said 600lt. I am not disagreeing with any of your comments, but the huracan has very little to no carbon fiber (except for the perf) and neither does it have scissor doors. I am mostly concerned with Performance and looks. So what in terms of electronics make the huracan more advanced, if anything?

View attachment 290559

That looks like Napier Green. Pretty badass spec! I couldn't buy one without the fender vents though. ;)

My Huracan had enough CF to save my life, but the McLaren monocell is no joke!

·
Premium Member
17,506 Posts

View attachment 290559
There’s no argument here, that looks super nice. Besides who doesn’t love those doors!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Looks like a great spec. I have a fully loaded coupe. I have had no problems with my 600LT at all.

There will be pro’s and cons to the Huracan.

On the pro side, if you track I think the 600LT will be better in terms of feedback/feel. It’s like a go kart. Also, the exhaust location is awesome. Mine is catless and tuned, and it shoots epic flames on downshifts that you can see in the rear view mirror. It’s extremely fast and light.

On the con side, the engine sound is lacking. Catless and exhaust helps, but nowhere near the V10 IMO. Also, Mac is bad with warranty and service. I accepted when I did the exhaust and tune that my warranty is gone. From what I’ve read, Mac will pretty much find any excuse to void your warranty and even have people monitoring social media to flag VINs.

·
Premium Member
17,506 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,600 Posts
From what I’ve read, Mac will pretty much find any excuse to void your warranty and even have people monitoring social media to flag VINs.
If that is the case that is down right scary! I am not big on modding anyway but that kind of tactic is a tad creepy.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I test drove it and from a roll, there’s no comparison.. this thing could blow away my H anytime. Sound is mostly spooling from turbos but does lack the pops and crackles. Just the doors, spider top, and carbon had me drooling. But came home and looked at my H in the garage and got confused..

1 - 20 of 135 Posts