Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #1
How many members intend to keep their Huracan long term or indefinitely? Judging from the number of low mileage iterations of the Huracan there appears to be a fair number of traders, why is that? Do we get bored or do we succumb to the YouTubers hype and drink the cool-aide? Are there those of us worried about owning the Huracan out of warranty? I tend to keep my cars long term but when I started with Porsches I was "seduced" by the illusion of the next level car, the next higher iteration being Nirvana......and oh, BTW that never occurred, at least not for me. ;)

Registered
I am looking for a Perf Coupe but for other reasons. Would really struggle to sell my 17 Spyder, such a fun and reliable car.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #5
I had most fun not with the Porsche 3RS or even the 2RS but with my 2018 Miami Blue Cayman S.....lessons learned. Sometimes all the bells and whistles do nothing more than cause a headache.:)

Registered
I have always kept my exotics until the first hint of them needing repairs. My last one was a V8 Vantage, which was my daily driver for 7 years. I certainly plan to keep my 580-2 for as long, despite the temptations of the newer models.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #7
I certainly plan to keep my 580-2 for as long, despite the temptations of the newer models.
Sounds like a plan. The people that make out the best with frequent trades are the salespeople at the dealerships.

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
I start wanting a change at or before the 2 year mark and I love to update the performance and technology.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #9
I start wanting a change at or before the 2 year mark and I love to update the performance and technology.
You at least have a good reason.......I on the other hand, well you know. The sun was in my eyes, the dog really did eat my homework, etc.etc.

Premium Member
You at least have a good reason.......I on the other hand, well you know. The sun was in my eyes, the dog really did eat my homework, etc.etc.
LOL! The only thing that matters is that we enjoy what we have while we have it! I absolutely love this car and I am kind of glad that the production of my new one was delayed. After owning 2 610-4s I didn't think it could get any better, but it did!! I get to enjoy this now for several more months.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #11
LOL! The only thing that matters is that we enjoy what we have while we have it!
Well said, gotta have fun. Though, have to get over that "new" car paranoia which for me generally takes about a month......

Registered
I have car A.D.D and switch up every few years.

It's weird but I love the hunt as much as the purchase. Voraciously reading car reviews and watching Youtube videos, checking car listings regularly and testdriving different cars are fun.

In the past, I could own a new 458 Spider or a 991 GT3 for a couple years and not lose too much coin. These days Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche are producing so many cars that depreciation is kind of like any other manufacturer.

Also cars are becoming more and more powerful which eventually becomes overkill for daily driving while being less and less emotionally rewarding to drive. I passed on 488 Spider allocation because the OEM exhaust sounds weak and I didn't want to mess with the OEM warranty by going aftermarket. Maybe pulling the vacuum lines makes the sound tolerable but it doesn't make my spine tingle like the Huracan. Went to the F8 launch and the sound was so bad it was an immediate deal breaker for me.

Maybe I'll hold on to my 580 for awhile longer unless some amazing deal falls in my lap. It's got everything I need for longterm ownership like front and rear laser jammers, piggytail in frunk for battery tender, ceramic coating makes maintenance a breeze, carbon ceramic brakes keep the wheels dustfree and work great at stopping etc.

My work commute is only 12 miles so even daily driving my exotics keeps the annual mileage at 3000+ miles. 3 years of daily driving and the mileage is still under 10000 miles which in my experience is the right time to get out before hitting the 10K mile depreciation cliff and the 3 year OEM warranty expires.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #13
It's weird but I love the hunt as much as the purchase. Voraciously reading car reviews and watching Youtube videos, checking car listings regularly and testdriving different cars are fun.

In the past, I could own a new 458 Spider or a 991 GT3 for a couple years and not lose too much coin. These days Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche are producing so many cars that depreciation is kind of like any other manufacturer.
Boy I guess we have more than simply car color in common. I love doing the research......in some cases the cars are almost, but not quite, anti-climatic. 馃槀

Also agree, with the second comment. That is, the higher end sports car manufacturers have over saturated the market, and the consumer is having to deal with the ugly downside.

Premium Member
I usually just keep the car until the first sign of breakdown, new noises, etc. My guts will tell me. I think this Huracan is a keeper.

Registered
I have no plans on selling mine, my son has already told me, when he inherits the car he is going to sell it. I don't think I have ever bought a car with the idea of selling it, it just sort of happens. At this time there isn't another car I would want.

Premium Member
I have car A.D.D and switch up every few years.

"It's weird but I love the hunt as much as the purchase. Voraciously reading car reviews and watching Youtube videos, checking car listings regularly and testdriving different cars are fun."

Yes! Even the waiting to get it gives me some kind of thrill. I started cleaning the garage and buying little things for the new car, it is so much fun, wish it wasn't so expensive!

Registered
Currently waiting for what's to come in the next few years in terms of performance & technology (Aventador successor / new Huracan variants).
Also if all future models get a GPF and Lamborghini doesn't find a way to sustain the gorgeous V10/V12 sound of current models then I'll stick to one of the last non-GPF models and keep it for a long time.

Premium Member
Yes! When Lamborghin puts on a GPF (gas particulate filter) it鈥檚 game over, thats when I keep my current car forever. Without that incredible exhaust note The magic is gone.

Reactions: NFA Review Channel

Registered
GPF is the reason I have little interest in the F8. Pinning the valves open causes a CEL. The early adopters are guinea pigs for various aftermarket exhaust solutions. Don't believe the GPF can be physically removed from the exhaust system.

Capristo valve control doesn't throw a CEL but the sound is marginally better with the valves open based on the video. Obviously would need to hear IRL.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts