Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any folks have owned a 458 and decided to let it go to pick up a Huracan. Or vice versa. If so, what was your reasoning?

·
Registered
43 Posts

I prefer the more modern and aggressive Huracan but the 458 is certainly a classic and could also hold its value a bit better due to the last NA V8 hype.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just wondering if any folks have owned a 458 and decided to let it go to pick up a Huracan. Or vice versa. If so, what was your reasoning?
I went from a 458 Spider to a 610-4. 458 was the best car I've ever owned, still miss it. Huracan had just come out, had a more modern interior. Drive a 580-2 now, I prefer RWD driving dynamics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went from a Huracan 610-4 to a 458 Speciale. I switched only cuz I wanted to try a Ferrari and really liked the Speciale. Granted my Speciale is quite diff than a normal 458 but will give my perspective anyway.
  • Looks wise I prefer the angular design of Lambo and my Huracan Avio was a really unique color. Lots more attention than I get in my Speciale. I love the look of my Speciale and true car people will know what it is, but it’s not a standout to the masses
  • I installed the Lambo race exhaust which made my Huracan the best sounding street car I have ever owned. My Speciale sounds good at high revs but I miss the wailing crackle and pop at nearly all rpms in the Huracan.
  • my Huracan was rock solid reliable. Haven’t owned my Speciale very long but no issues thus far. Time will tell if the Speciale can match my Huracan reliability.
  • I love the Ferrari multi function steering wheel. It’s way better than the Huracan. There is also a lot more room in my Speciale cabin and feels more open inside. My Speciale seats are much more comfortable than my Huracan seats were, which is surprising given my Speciale seats are the racing seats while my Huracan seats were the normal power adjusted comfort seats. I’m 5’9 160lbs for reference.
  • the diff Ferrari suspension settings are more noticeable to me esp the Bumpy Road setting. In my Huracan I was hard pressed to feel a big diff in suspension between the strata sport corsa on the street. I hate that in the Huracan it always resets to Strada when you start the car instead of keeping the last setting. The Ferrari Manettino is way bettwr
  • I liked the awd grip in my Huracan but also like the nimble rwd in my Speciale. Traction and stability aids in both are really good to help keep the car planted without being too intrusive tho.
  • I like the tune/feel of the Lambo DCT much better than the Ferrari DCT esp on downshift rev matching.
  • the radio and climate controls in my Ferrari look like they are from the Fiat parts bin. However they are easy to use and mostly intuitive. The Huracan controls are a step forward from my Gallardo but still really odd in how you change certain settings.
they are def diff cars with each doing a few things better or worse. To bastardize a quote from War Games: “the only winning move is...to play both” :cool:

Reactions: hazim and Durden77

·
Registered
44 Posts
I love the Ferrari multi function steering wheel. It’s way better than the Huracan. There is also a lot more room in my Speciale cabin and feels more open inside. My Speciale seats are much more comfortable than my Huracan seats were, which is surprising given my Speciale seats are the racing seats while my Huracan seats were the normal power adjusted comfort seats. I’m 5’9 160lbs for reference.
Probably best, realistic comment I've seen in this topic.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,544 Posts
I always wondered why Lamboghini never put shift lights in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Had a black 458. Really liked it; very comfortable. Sold it and bought a LP610-4. would never go back. Huracan is just more visceral to me. Both great.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
that's a bit like having a gibson les paul and deciding on a fender strat afterwards. best approach is having both :)
Having several Les Paul's - I would say a USA Jackson over a Strat...lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have both Speciale and the rear wheel drive H with 840hp supercharger. Both are extremely good cars. Speciale is a collectible. I keep both at the track here at Thermal. I love the sleeper car aspect of the H.
Worst thing about the H is ingress/egress and the torture sport seats. I had a guy tilt up the front of the seat slightly which helped a bit on the back pain the seats cause There is no bad thing about the Speciale unless I suppose you are trying to buy one five years later below sticker.
I sold the Performante and kept this H.
I cannot really speak to the base model cars. I had them but neither were keepers as such.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,544 Posts
It is really hard to find a comparable car that meets the "FUN FACTOR" of the Huracan. That would include both theater and drama.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Drama? The H (610-4) was the easiest car I've ever driven to drive fast. My 12 year old could do 150mph.
Easiest to drive fast and easiest to drive as a daily are 2 different things. Daily drive a 458 for 2 years and then come back and tell me the 610-4 is the easier car to drive. The 458 doesn't need a front lift, is easier to get in and out of, has a LED steering wheel so one knows when to shift and has much better rear visibility. It doesn't attract attention like the Huracan does.

So yeah, the H has more drama specifically the 580-2.

My 610-4 while not as easy to drive as a 458, reminded me how much I missed the RWD experience.

That's why I traded mine in and have been daily a 580-2 for the past 16 months

Rear wheel drive, ESC off, FTW!
Preach!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts