Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
Covid gives me way to much time sitting at home. So here is the question for your consideration. I currently own a 2018 Performante with around 8k klm on the clock which is out of warranty in May this year. I also have a 2017 AMG Gtc Roadster which is out of warranty in July. I can import a SVJ Roadster from Germany including exchange rate taxes etc for around 543K suisse francs 47k cheaper than in Switzerland. I love the Performante and would be hard to let go but the SVJ Roadster is very tempting. Would still have to tip in at least a 150k. Your thoughts on this would be very appreciated as like minded people that let passion most of the time rule there automotive hearts. Thanks in advance
Jamie

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Do it, do it, DO IT! :) You're welcome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I would also like some input on this as I've been thinking about an upgrade from my Perf to an SVJ Roadster as well.

Does the single clutch feel notably worse to drive (especially on long drives 5-6 hours+) than the Performante's dual clutch? How is the interior difference between the two, is the infotainment system better/worse in the SVJ? Possibly any "downgrades" that I would have to put up with in exchange for the raw V12 Aventador experience coming from a Performante? I've been daily driving my Performante since '18 so it wouldn't be a weekend-only car for me so more details on drivability would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
269 Posts
as much as I love my evo awd spyder, svj roadster is also on my todo list for this year. would love to hear about it.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts

Reactions: jmhodiak

·
Registered
2021 Lamborghini SVJ Roadster, 2020 Ranger Rover Velar SV, 2019 Audi RS 5
60 Posts
I went from 580-2 to Aventador s roadster to an SVJ roadster( see post in Adventador forum “SVJ roadster delivery”). The single clutch is not nearly as smooth as the dual clutch, however, i beleive drops into gears more comfortably than the aventator/s due to different tuned transmission program. SVJ holds gears in higher revs in auto mode And when drops into next gear feels less jerk. Once on a highway, gearbox is fine. dont be intimidated by its track focused looks, it is very drivable. I would be reluctant to say as a daily driver because of visibility limitations. If you have the opportunity, go for it!

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,223 Posts
Perf is the best all around Lambo you can daily whereas the SVJ is raw and an absolute beast you want to drive on long open roads. I wouldn't think twice about selling the Perf for a SVJ roadster.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Go for the Big Bull SVJ. You only live once can always go back to an HP in the future if it doesn't work out.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
I wouldn't think twice about selling the Perf for a SVJ roadster.
Does wouldn’t think twice mean “do it in an instant” or “don’t think about it again?” I’m guessing the first?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I love the exterior design of the SVJ but I can't get over the interior design, looks quite dated to me personally. F12's have depreciated significantly, I'd keep the V10, get rid of GTC and go F12 for your V12

·
Registered
85 Posts
I love the exterior design of the SVJ but I can't get over the interior design, looks quite dated to me personally. F12's have depreciated significantly, I'd keep the V10, get rid of GTC and go F12 for your V12
Would say that's sensible and a good idea.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I’ve debated the same thing OP. Watching this gets me all giggly and think you must experience the SVJ! I’d only do it assuming the test drive was just as spectacular as when I test drove the Perf for the first time.

Reactions: jmhodiak and DXM31

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
HI everyone thanks for all the input, it seems my numbers were a little out and the roadster is a little out of the comfort zone for me price wise. So have decided to concentrate on the SVJ coupe. Just difficult to find in Switzerland as bringing in from Germany now has a lovely few extra taxes on top that put the roadster out of contention. I am sure I can live without the sun on my head in the summer without my GTC if I have to drive an SVJ coupe. As my daily is a 35 year edition M5 competition anyway so I may have to actually get out of the car for my vitamin D fix.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
HI everyone thanks for all the input, it seems my numbers were a little out and the roadster is a little out of the comfort zone for me price wise. So have decided to concentrate on the SVJ coupe. Just difficult to find in Switzerland as bringing in from Germany now has a lovely few extra taxes on top that put the roadster out of contention. I am sure I can live without the sun on my head in the summer without my GTC if I have to drive an SVJ coupe. As my daily is a 35 year edition M5 competition anyway so I may have to actually get out of the car for my vitamin D fix.

·
Registered
98 Posts
As much as I love the way the SVJ looks I wouldn’t be able to get it as my only fun car. The perf is the best of all worlds and perhaps the best modern Lamborghini when factoring in the drop top spyder factor. I would love an SVJ in addition to the Perf but not as the only car.

Reactions: azzurri
1 - 20 of 23 Posts