Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please talk me into or out of trading in my 2021 G wagon for the new Urus sport/performante?

Resale values are through the roof on the G's since the 2022 cancellation so Im thinking of flipping mine while I wait for the Electric version in a couple of years.
I love driving it, but it's not exactly a big family hauler SUV so going to an Urus would presumably be a major performance upgrade without a major loss of cabin/cargo space?

Anyone who's had both have any feedback on which you liked more and why?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I never understood the appeal of the G wagon and why people pay crazy overs for them. I think it's one ugly looking SUV but I guess I'm in the minority.

Anyways, if you're getting allocation for the Urus sport/perf take it. I confirmed my order last week and I was told production will be limited so values should remain high.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
I never understood the appeal of the G wagon and why people pay crazy overs for them. I think it's one ugly looking SUV but I guess I'm in the minority.

Anyways, if you're getting allocation for the Urus sport/perf take it. I confirmed my order last week and I was told production will be limited so values should remain high.
I have to agree, that is one car I never liked the looks of it. Urus is a different story.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
G was my wife’s dream car so I had to get it. I asked her yesterday and she said she would consider letting me trade it in for the Urus Perf/Sport if I buy her an Escalade V. Seems like a good deal to me lol.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I care to disagree on the G63. I think the look is timeless. Not very functional in that interior space is limited but the look and performance are very good. I think the Audi version is better than the Urus. Way overpriced compared to the Audi platform.

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,199 Posts
G was my wife’s dream car so I had to get it. I asked her yesterday and she said she would consider letting me trade it in for the Urus Perf/Sport if I buy her an Escalade V. Seems like a good deal to me lol.
I have a deposit down on a V for my wife. Prices on new regular ones in FL are over msrp so if I can get it at msrp I think I’m going to go through with it. Not to hijack but are you thinking the V will be worth the money?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a deposit down on a V for my wife. Prices on new regular ones in FL are over msrp so if I can get it at msrp I think I’m going to go through with it. Not to hijack but are you thinking the V will be worth the money?
From what I heard it's going to be about 20k more for the V over the Sport Platinum. At $120k it's still cheaper than a GLS63.
Compared to the price difference between the regular and performance versions of the GLS, $20k is a bargain.

I think the standard Escalade is overpriced so maybe this one will be a better value proposition based on a smaller markup to get the performance version. Usually Escalades depreciate like rocks, but hopefully the V series will do better as it wont be competing with fleet vehicles hitting the market after 2 years. Also, with supply chain issues it's probably going to be holding it's value well at least for another 2-3 years before things start returning to normal. I think they were on a 6 month waitlist for the 2022 when I inquired with my dealer this time last year.

Then again it's probably the nicest true 6-7 passenger truck you can buy. I hate Lincoln/Ford, Grand Wagoneer doesnt do it for me, X7 is tiny in the back, GLS has no emotion, Land Rover/Range Rover is less reliable than a Yugo, Q7 is even tighter in the back than the X7, haven't liked Lexus LX since the mid 90s and the new one only has a V6.
Biggest downside for some would be that some car snobs look down on Cadillacs as being inferior to Mercedes/BMW/Range Rover. I dont feel that way so I dont care. The Lambo is for impressing people anyway lol

I haven't spoken to my dealer yet but I will probably put a deposit down until they reveal more performance numbers.
I read some rumor report that claims they will putting the 2.1L supercharger from the old Corvette Z06 in it so it might pulling 700hp.

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,199 Posts
From what I heard it's going to be about 20k more for the V over the Sport Platinum. At $120k it's still cheaper than a GLS63.
Compared to the price difference between the regular and performance versions of the GLS, $20k is a bargain.

I think the standard Escalade is overpriced so maybe this one will be a better value proposition based on a smaller markup to get the performance version. Usually Escalades depreciate like rocks, but hopefully the V series will do better as it wont be competing with fleet vehicles hitting the market after 2 years. Also, with supply chain issues it's probably going to be holding it's value well at least for another 2-3 years before things start returning to normal. I think they were on a 6 month waitlist for the 2022 when I inquired with my dealer this time last year.

Then again it's probably the nicest true 6-7 passenger truck you can buy. I hate Lincoln/Ford, Grand Wagoneer doesnt do it for me, X7 is tiny in the back, GLS has no emotion, Land Rover/Range Rover is less reliable than a Yugo, Q7 is even tighter in the back than the X7, haven't liked Lexus LX since the mid 90s and the new one only has a V6.
Biggest downside for some would be that some car snobs look down on Cadillacs as being inferior to Mercedes/BMW/Range Rover. I dont feel that way so I dont care. The Lambo is for impressing people anyway lol

I haven't spoken to my dealer yet but I will probably put a deposit down until they reveal more performance numbers.
I read some rumor report that claims they will putting the 2.1L supercharger from the old Corvette Z06 in it so it might pulling 700hp.
I am not going this high on the cost spectrum but what about an Aston DBX?

·
Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
2,199 Posts
The DBX is a stunning SUV and quite sporty. The current model is just north of $200K, but they will be announcing an even higher powered version mid 2022 if you feel the need for even more power.
To me it’s the best looking of all and then the Escalade V is a close second. The Urus is cool but it’s not as exotic as I’d like but there’s not much exotic you can do with an SUV. I’m anxious to see what the power of all these will be!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
The Urus is probably a great SUV but I don't ever want one but to each their own and it's what makes the world go around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts