Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any ideas? The P Zero Corsa does not come in 235/35-19 & 295/30-19, and I wonder what will be on the track optioned Gallardo. I'd like ideas on 19 inch track tires, though.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Pirelli do have the size you need. You can check out the website. I believe it is so new that you can only buy them in Europe at the moment.

·
Registered
29 Posts
You are right...

What a bummer...Please make sure and post what you find, I am going to be up against the same problem - There is no subsitute for having the right tires on a track.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Corsa tires comes with the Gallardo if you order the sport package. I am facing the same problem but our local Lambo dealer is helping me to order a set for my car. You can check with either you local Lambo dealer or Pirelli dealers, they should be able to special order them for you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
why bother with track tyres?

Why would you want "track day" tyres when the standard tyre/car combination is so good? I have done a number of track days with the standard tyres and they haven't worn badly at all. The grip from these tyres is incredible - you'd have to be really driving very agressively or at an insane cornering speed to exceed the limits, even with the ESP turned off. The tyre "footprint" with such large tyre sizes is very big and the car with its four-wheel drive means that the grip levels are surely enough for anything except all-out racing?
When I got Phil Bennett (noted UK race car driver) to take me round the Nurburgring old circuit in my Gallardo I was impressed with the amount of grip and lateral G-force the car sustained on the standard tyres. Phil examined the tyres after his lap and said he was impressed with them and their lack of deterioration from his driving!
Lastly, I would think that any "track day" tyre in these sizes is going to be more expensive than the standard ones - why not just chew through a set of standards, and then replace them with another set of standards when they are worn out
William

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tracked the car on the stock tires and they chunked and got greasy with temperature here in Texas at MotorSport Ranch. I do tend to drive at near race pace. I also have tracked down more serious brake pads from Pagid. This is a heavy car with alot of power and the street tires are pretty good, but there is more potential there. I will check with Lamborghini Dallas on the Corsa tires.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Pagid pads - which ones?

Yes, I take your point about overheating standard tyres - all my trackdays have been in England, which is a lot colder than Texs! Plus I don't go out for more than twenty minutes at a time so that nothing gets too hot.
What are these Pagid pads you've found? Are they race pads or fast road pads. I'd like to find some good fast road pads (i.e. not race ones that only work when they are heated up a lot). I've been quoted US$1,300 for replacement front pads from the official Lambo dealer here!! Part of this cost is the fact that the front brakes have 8-pot calipers and use a total of eight pads for the front wheels!
William

1 - 9 of 9 Posts