Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK - real tech question. Can the TPS be adjusted while on the throttle body attached to the car?

Understand range is 4-700 Ohms. I ground the neg, then clip which of the 3 pins?

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
The best way to set the TPS is by connecting a generic OBDll scanner to the car. The scanner will show the TPS position in degrees. It should be set at 1 1/2 degrees with the engine at proper operating temperture.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I did mine on the car. I set it at about 90 ohms from the centre pin to one of the outer ones - it will be obvious from the resistances which pin is which. My car idles at 1150 and no check engine lights.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I set mine on the car. I set mine with a slightly different method. I leave the plug connected to the tp but pull the boot back. with a digital multimeter i put the positive side in the back of the center terminal and the negative side attached to the block. With the ignition turned on, engine off it should read about .7 volts. I have found this works good for my car.
dave

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone... Will do it today...

JAC - I'm OBD1...so will do with Dave's or Mike's method..

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
I tried the other methods but never could optain the 1 1/2 degree setting. Hope it works for you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took some readings of my TPS today, may be helpful if you are trying to adjust yours.
99 Diablo, 4,000 miles, has not been adjusted since new, car runs great.

code reader:
warm, 1090 idle speed
idle: 1.6%
full: 97.6%

ohmmeter:
first to third pins: 595 ohms fixed
first to second pins: idle 70 ohms, full 600 ohms
second to third pins: idle 675 ohms, full 190 ohms

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts