Lamborghini Talk banner

Total Number of TECNICAS That Will Be Produced? Collectors Car Someday?

24K views 289 replies 51 participants last post by  Lambo_Life 
#1 ·
So what is your opinion.......how many Tecnicas will be produced worldwide? Some say approximately 1,500 and some say roughly 1,800 will be produced. Winkelman has said that ALL Lamborghini's will have some electrification by the end of 2024.

In 2021:
  • 173 Lamborghini dealerships worldwide
  • Total sales of 8,405 cars
  • Total sales of 2,586 (Huracans) ~ 31%
  • Total sales of 798 (Aventador) ~ 9.5%
  • Total sales of 5,021 (Urus) ~ 60%
So let's say there will be ~ 1,500 units shipped. Let's also assume that ~10% will be totaled (from idiots driving 150 mph out of the showroom floor........creating some sad/great YouTube video). That would leave ~ 1,350 remaining in the world. Does it become a good collector's car? Last naturally aspirated v10, and no electrification. I know.......who cares if it's a "collectors car", but it's fun/interesting to get everyone's opinion.

Here is a really interesting article on the 2021 numbers: 2021 (Full Year) Global: Lamborghini Worldwide Sale by Model and Country - Car Sales Statistics

See less See more
#3 ·
So what is your opinion.......how many Tecnicas will be produced worldwide? Some say approximately 1,500 and some say roughly 1,800 will be produced. Winkelman has said that ALL Lamborghini's will have some electrification by the end of 2024.

In 2021:
So let's say there will be ~ 1,500 units shipped. Let's also assume that ~10% will be totaled (from idiots driving 150 mph out of the showroom floor........creating some sad/great YouTube video). That would leave ~ 1,350 remaining in the world. Does it become a good collector's car? Last naturally aspirated v10, and no electrification. I know.......who cares if it's a "collectors car", but it's fun/interesting to get everyone's opinion.

Here is a really interesting article on the 2021 numbers: 2021 (Full Year) Global: Lamborghini Worldwide Sale by Model and Country - Car Sales Statistics
I think there will be less cars.. I did calc with one of my friends on the US deliveries…. Top dealers .. 1-5 are getting 15- 20 allocations…. There are 39 dealers… so say on average 9 each dealer which is probably high. So 350 cars in the United States… We get 30% of worldwide so 1000 or so worldwide seems close. That will be accurate if they only make it for MY23. If they extend .. different story.
It should be the last NA V10 and one of the most limited production…. Def less cars then STO. As far as a special limited…. No but demand is exceeding production so let’s see how it plays out.
just enjoy the car when you get it!

#124 ·
but demand is exceeding production so let’s see how it plays out.
just enjoy the car when you get it!
Can’t really go by that in todays market since much of the demand is people who only want the car to hope to flip for a nice profit

#20 · (Edited)
Demand is high for the Tecnica because of the price point. In normal times it would just be another variant. I'm not crapping on the Tecnica, I think it's one of the best looking H variants but it's not a special or limited car and anyone who is buying thinking it will be selling for crazy money a year or two from now is in for a rude awakening.

#26 ·
The Tecnica is not going to be selling for crazy money but my bet is it will sell for the same % over as the STO did when the first deliveries were made. That will last a year or so and then start depreciating just like anything else.. I mean even the Ultimate is coming down and they are limited.

#67 ·
As good as the Huracan is, they made a lot of them with many different variants. Not to mention the basic platform and engine are shared with the R8 which will hurt its ability to enter collector grade territory (at least in our lifetime).

I’d stick to V12 models if collectibility is important to you. At least the chassis and engines are bespoke to the brand - as well having the signature scissor doors.

#79 ·

In 2021:

Who cares? Drive the F’in wheels off of it and to hell with collectibility. If I kept every potentially collectible at I’ve owned I would need a parking lot.
stop thinking and drive!

#81 ·
Collector car?

It is a standard production Lamborghini, so no more collectible than any other standard production line car.
The most collectible Huracan should be the Sterrato based on limited production numbers.

As GT3 racecars become more and more popular, I think it is possible that those become collectible as well. Low production numbers and the ultimate experience driving the Huracan variant.

#84 ·
You all have this all wrong. Alllll lambos are collector cars no matter the quantity produced. Now whether they go up in value over the years is an entirely diff question. Value all comes down to supply/demand. Fair to say not many Saturns around anymore but I haven’t seen those values go up bc who cares about a Saturn. Same with lambos. I personally would never buy a AWD lambo. I like to drive my cars and will always prefer a rwd over a awd. That’s a personal preference so don’t argue that awd is better blah blah blah…cuz it’s not. The reason I’m even on this thread is due to the rwd evo. I wanted one and got sucked into ordering new and then came the allocation game of “you’ll get it next month. No next month…”. Now that allocation has turned into a tecnica.
Now on the tecnica. Yes it isn’t super different than a huracan evo which it shouldn’t be obviously since it’s still called a huracan. I’m sure we can allll agree that it’s a better performance car than a evo rwd. Then it comes down to looks and I honestly love the look. Idk why people are hating on the look of the tecnica but I think it’s the best looking huracan hands down.
The perf in my opinion is ugly. I know I know you all are gonna get mad bc I hate the forged carbon look but I can’t help it. It just looks ugly to me. Plus after a friend drove his down the cliff bc his wheels were not responsive I will never even sit in one anymore. With that said if enough people love the car I’m 100% sure it’ll go up in value and be worth something more than msrp in 20years but I NEVER buy cars for investment. if that’s why your buying then hit me up and I’ll help you make more $$ than a car value going up after years of registration, maintenance, insurance paid and worst finding space.

As far as the idea of you speak highly of what u have…I ordered the car based on what I believe is the best car for me, not vice versa. I had the option of getting the perf or an sto but you gotta drive your cars and you gotta drive something you want.

#86 ·
I don't know how you can say the Perf is ugly, I don't one but wish I did. In my opinion it is a great looking Huracan, but my favorite right now is by far the STO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.