Lamborghini Talk banner

Total Number of TECNICAS That Will Be Produced? Collectors Car Someday?

11588 Views 289 Replies 51 Participants Last post by  Lambo_Life
So what is your opinion.......how many Tecnicas will be produced worldwide? Some say approximately 1,500 and some say roughly 1,800 will be produced. Winkelman has said that ALL Lamborghini's will have some electrification by the end of 2024.

In 2021:
  • 173 Lamborghini dealerships worldwide
  • Total sales of 8,405 cars
  • Total sales of 2,586 (Huracans) ~ 31%
  • Total sales of 798 (Aventador) ~ 9.5%
  • Total sales of 5,021 (Urus) ~ 60%
So let's say there will be ~ 1,500 units shipped. Let's also assume that ~10% will be totaled (from idiots driving 150 mph out of the showroom floor........creating some sad/great YouTube video). That would leave ~ 1,350 remaining in the world. Does it become a good collector's car? Last naturally aspirated v10, and no electrification. I know.......who cares if it's a "collectors car", but it's fun/interesting to get everyone's opinion.

Here is a really interesting article on the 2021 numbers: 2021 (Full Year) Global: Lamborghini Worldwide Sale by Model and Country - Car Sales Statistics
121 - 140 of 290 Posts

· Premium Member
3,127 Posts
but demand is exceeding production so let’s see how it plays out.
just enjoy the car when you get it!
Can’t really go by that in todays market since much of the demand is people who only want the car to hope to flip for a nice profit

· Registered
58 Posts
I doubt the credibility. His wheels just locked all of sudden? Sounds like the drivers fault….
Idk it’s possible. I wouldn’t think he would lie since he was so high on the car. According to him the day before all the lights on the dash came on so he exited the freeway and stopped at a gas station. He turned the car back on and the lights were gone. He called lambo and was told that maybe it was a glitch and if it happened again for him to take it in. The next day in the canyons he went off the cliff.

· Registered
179 Posts
Is it possible for them not to allow resale? For like 1 year?
dealers will do different things to different customers and also by car type …. (Depending on how well they know them and consequences to dealers if a car gets flippped , sold to a front person for a broker /re-seller or exporter).

the most common is a right of first refusal for 12 months (ie ; dealer has the right to buy it from you for the lesser of msrp or market value ). Many people say that this is unenforceable . If you have one of these and sell without permission , then there will be future consequences for you buying again from that dealer .

the best way is for a dealer to make you agree to a lien on the title for 12 months and you cannot transfer title at all without them releasing the lien (this applies to even cash deals). Some dealers of various marques do this .

One of the most interesting posts on these forums in the last few months was from a person who lucked into a Range Rover allocation and tried to flip it right away (or he already had a buyer ), and when he got the title ; he saw that there was a lien from the dealer on the title and he couldn’t sell and they wouldn’t release the lien.

let me try to link that thread

· Registered
179 Posts

Recently picked up my 2023 range rover. Was going to keep it, but with current prices and my huracan arriving sooner than expected, I wanted to trade it in towards the Huracan. I received a letter from the dealer telling me to go to the bmv to fill out a form so that I can get my title. I go to the bmv and they tell me there is a lien on the car. I find it strange as I paid cash. I reach out to my salesman and he tells me that the dealership requires customers to sign an agreement not to export the car within the first year and if the customer pays cash, the dealer will hold the title for one year. At no point during the ordering/purchasing process was I informed about this policy. I even recall asking if I had to keep the car for a certain period of time when I originally reached out to them last year and was told no, but that was on the phone. This is Indiana. Are there any avenues of handling this? I understand 3-6 months, but a year is absolutely ridiculous and more than anything I'm upset that this "agreement" was not mentioned at any point during the purchasing process. I will make sure to read the documents extremely thoroughly next time, but this is just ridiculous.

· Registered
225 Posts
dealers will do different things to different customers and also by car type …. (Depending on how well they know them and consequences to dealers if a car gets flippped , sold to a front person for a broker /re-seller or exporter).

the most common is a right of first refusal for 12 months (ie ; dealer has the right to buy it from you for the lesser of msrp or market value ). Many people say that this is unenforceable . If you have one of these and sell without permission , then there will be future consequences for you buying again from that dealer .

the best way is for a dealer to make you agree to a lien on the title for 12 months and you cannot transfer title at all without them releasing the lien (this applies to even cash deals). Some dealers of various marques do this .

One of the most interesting posts on these forums in the last few months was from a person who lucked into a Range Rover allocation and tried to flip it right away (or he already had a buyer ), and when he got the title ; he saw that there was a lien from the dealer on the title and he couldn’t sell and they wouldn’t release the lien.

let me try to link that thread
Yes most dealers are now doing a right to refusal for 12 months

· Registered
179 Posts
just my experience with this ….. it only works (it’s mainly used so that you don’t sell the car within the first 12 months ), if the owner of the car faces consequences for future buys …

many people with 765 spiders (I’m more familiar with mclaren side of things ), did flip within 12 months …. They didn’t seem to care because they aren’t playing in the hyper car space and they got cancelled for a car (p1 replacement and/or future limited edition models ) that they wouldn't be able to get anyways .

Dealers lose back end money on that deal and lose an allocation of a car for any 765 spider that was flipped ….

· Registered
204 Posts
Idk it’s possible. I wouldn’t think he would lie since he was so high on the car. According to him the day before all the lights on the dash came on so he exited the freeway and stopped at a gas station. He turned the car back on and the lights were gone. He called lambo and was told that maybe it was a glitch and if it happened again for him to take it in. The next day in the canyons he went off the cliff.
So the steering locked up and he couldn't turn.... possible. What was wrong with the brakes??!?

But I think they're giving you a hard time because there have been no such reports of steering malfunctions in perfs, nor any other Huracans. One off incident shouldnt deter you from the car.

V.

· Registered
58 Posts

Recently picked up my 2023 range rover. Was going to keep it, but with current prices and my huracan arriving sooner than expected, I wanted to trade it in towards the Huracan. I received a letter from the dealer telling me to go to the bmv to fill out a form so that I can get my title. I go to the bmv and they tell me there is a lien on the car. I find it strange as I paid cash. I reach out to my salesman and he tells me that the dealership requires customers to sign an agreement not to export the car within the first year and if the customer pays cash, the dealer will hold the title for one year. At no point during the ordering/purchasing process was I informed about this policy. I even recall asking if I had to keep the car for a certain period of time when I originally reached out to them last year and was told no, but that was on the phone. This is Indiana. Are there any avenues of handling this? I understand 3-6 months, but a year is absolutely ridiculous and more than anything I'm upset that this "agreement" was not mentioned at any point during the purchasing process. I will make sure to read the documents extremely thoroughly next time, but this is just ridiculous.
Interesting. I’m not sure if that is even legal for them to put their name on a purchase that was already fully paid. Either way as a non flipper the more they can keep flippers away the more of a chance we can buy cars at msrp. 150k over for a 992 gt3rs is just bs. I’m willing to do 30 over but nothing more.
So the steering locked up and he couldn't turn.... possible. What was wrong with the brakes??!?

But I think they're giving you a hard time because there have been no such reports of steering malfunctions in perfs, nor any other Huracans. One off incident shouldnt deter you from the car.

V.
Ya I hear you. Some protect their cars pride more than their own.

He said raking is what saved his life. They are frequent canyon drivers and according to him thankfully he was going too fast but by the time he tried to turn the car a few times and hit the brakes he couldn’t stop it in time before they rolled off the cliff. Again who knows. That’s his word and I have no reason to suspect a lie but you never know. He did have a 2RS prior so maybe he was expecting the same turn capabilities.

· Registered
103 Posts
I can confirm that Lamborghini will stop production of all Huracan Variants in May of 2024. They will not finish the year out as most expected. This means they will make less than the expected Tecnica’s (1000 units) than I anticipated. Their maybe a very limited Tecnica with only 63 models at the closing of the quarter. The Steratto will be the last V10 to be produced with very low numbers but the Tecnica is in the same lane as a STO and Perfomante. All 3 of these variants have a unique feel that you wouldn’t get with any other Huracan. I’m getting a Tecnica very soon this information comes from solid sources. I personally believe the Tecnica is the most fun to drive between the 3 as the STO and Performante are very track focused and the T is made to go wild.

· Premium Member
3,127 Posts
When I ordered had and to sign that 12 month and it pretty much means nothing since you can just ask for more money than you know they will give or have them match the price another buyer is offering.

· Registered
38 Posts

This is the case in Canada too, for the Full Size and the Sport. What they're doing is forcing everyone into a short term lease. They will give you with a super low interest rate via their in house leasing and after the term you can buy it out.

121 - 140 of 290 Posts