Lamborghini Talk banner

Total Number of TECNICAS That Will Be Produced? Collectors Car Someday?

11545 Views 289 Replies 51 Participants Last post by  Lambo_Life
So what is your opinion.......how many Tecnicas will be produced worldwide? Some say approximately 1,500 and some say roughly 1,800 will be produced. Winkelman has said that ALL Lamborghini's will have some electrification by the end of 2024.

In 2021:
  • 173 Lamborghini dealerships worldwide
  • Total sales of 8,405 cars
  • Total sales of 2,586 (Huracans) ~ 31%
  • Total sales of 798 (Aventador) ~ 9.5%
  • Total sales of 5,021 (Urus) ~ 60%
So let's say there will be ~ 1,500 units shipped. Let's also assume that ~10% will be totaled (from idiots driving 150 mph out of the showroom floor........creating some sad/great YouTube video). That would leave ~ 1,350 remaining in the world. Does it become a good collector's car? Last naturally aspirated v10, and no electrification. I know.......who cares if it's a "collectors car", but it's fun/interesting to get everyone's opinion.

Here is a really interesting article on the 2021 numbers: 2021 (Full Year) Global: Lamborghini Worldwide Sale by Model and Country - Car Sales Statistics
21 - 40 of 290 Posts

· Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,938 Posts
My prediction is that STO, Performante and Sterrato will be the collectibles of the Huracan range. Tecnica will be between them and the EVOs/LP cars.
I think that is a fair evaluation.

Reactions: Gsworld12

· Registered
218 Posts
The perf is great but it also was not limited…. The Tecnica is RWD but is really the upgraded EVO as the Perf was the upgraded 610,.. I’m I missing something here or is it any different 🤷🏻‍♂️

· Registered
218 Posts
Demand is high for the Tecnica because of the price point. In normal times it would just be another variant. I'm not crapping on the Tecnica, I think it's one of the best looking H variants but it's not a special or limited car and anyone who is buying thinking it will be selling for crazy money a year or two from now is in for a rude awakening.
The Tecnica is not going to be selling for crazy money but my bet is it will sell for the same % over as the STO did when the first deliveries were made. That will last a year or so and then start depreciating just like anything else.. I mean even the Ultimate is coming down and they are limited.

· Premium Member
3,124 Posts
We will see once we get to drive the Tecnica.
Other than some changes to body, which I don’t like, the things the Tecnica has over the RWD Evo is it now has rear wheel steering, gained some HP to bring it to AWD numbers and has the LDVI brain the AWD has. Out of my 3 huracans the one that was the most fun to drive was my 2015, supercharged to over 800 hp along with AWD hp was a blast. Will be adding a supercharger to my current Evo so should be even better than that one

Reactions: 2Tired

· Registered
959 Posts
The perf is great but it also was not limited…. The Tecnica is RWD but is really the upgraded EVO as the Perf was the upgraded 610,.. I’m I missing something here or is it any different 🤷🏻‍♂️
It will be interesting to see how many STOs are produced, in total, compared to HPs, when the STO production run is finally finished.

· Registered
218 Posts
It will be interesting to see how many STOs are produced, in total, compared to HPs, when the STO production run is finally finished.
I think more STO’s will be produced… seems to be a longer run.. perf was like a year and a half. The STO is 21,22 and some 23’s
I think there will be more STO then Técnicas as well if they only run the técnicas in 23.. we shall see

· Registered
85 Posts
I think more STO’s will be produced… seems to be a longer run.. perf was like a year and a half. The STO is 21,22 and some 23’s
I think there will be more STO then Técnicas as well if they only run the técnicas in 23.. we shall see
I thought the technica is a two year run MY23 and 24 no? The hybrid will be released in 24 but as a model MY25.

· Registered
332 Posts
There is nothing like the Performante in the entire lineup. Peak performance with AWD & active aero.
I think closer tie with the STO as many folks do prefer RWD (I personally would never consider an AWD) and the hardcoreness of the STO. Nothing against the Perf, both are great.

STO had the longer run but less models delivered each year. 21's were just a handful, 22' a larger handful, and 23' seems to be a trickle. Many dealers were told to expect additional allocations for 23' but they never actually materialized. Instead you're seeing initial 22' allocations delivering in 23'. Jury is out on whether those allocations will actually materialize or not.

· Registered
419 Posts
There is an abundance of Huracaans and they are mostly comparable in performance since inception. IMO, only the Perf's and STO's will garner attention down the road. The rest will depreciate to a certain point and then remain flat because they offer a ton of car in that $150K to $250K price range vs a Porsche 911 for example.

· Administrator
4,451 Posts
There is an abundance of Huracaans and they are mostly comparable in performance since inception. IMO, only the Perf's and STO's will garner attention down the road. The rest will depreciate to a certain point and then remain flat because they offer a ton of car in that $150K to $250K price range vs a Porsche 911 for example.
I agree with this.

21 - 40 of 290 Posts